Latest on our Stevie

IMO the best option would be to send Smith on laon for the second half of the season.

He can return to training in a month or so, but he is still going to be another month or so away from the first team. There is also the worry that he might break down again.

Let him play for a team with fewer expectations than ourselves to get his fitness back upto scratch (tu)

He's not going to have as easy a time displacing Papac as people think he is.

I completely agree with this idea and I am perfectly happy with Papac at left back.

You can't help but wonder if Smith is going to be the same player that he was pre injury.

He might have lost some of his pace and it could take him along time, possibly months to get back upto scratch again.

Spot on but I'd hate to see him get the same treatment from the fans if it does take him a while to get back up to speed.

I really don't see the point of getting on the back of a young player whose form has dipped a bit. It never helps.

Great news on Stevie.

Not so good for Novo though but it might mean that Naismith will get more games while Nacho is injured.

True, but maybe Buffel will get a chance too.

Even though I think Buffel shoudl be given another chance I think he will be sold in January, and Naismith has more of a chance of getting a starting spot either on bench or the park than Buffel has.

great to see stevie smith is on his way back. I think it will probably be next season before we see the real smith again though. Look how long hutton took to get over his leg break. Would be amazing if smith could improve as much as hutton has in the past few months. What a team we would have with hutton and smith bombing down the flanks getting crosses in.

You can't help but wonder if Smith is going to be the same player that he was pre injury.

He might have lost some of his pace and it could take him along time, possibly months to get back upto scratch again.

On the other side of the coin, after those few months to get back up to speed, he could be even better. Hutton managed that :D

Great news. Hopefully this is his injury nightmare over with and he can rediscover his form. I wouldn't send him out on loan. He should be there to train with these players and rival Papac for the LB place. Games in the reserves will help.

Shame for Nacho as he was starting to play a lot more. I thought Webster was only going to be out for 4-5 weeks? He's already been out for 3-4 and has another 3 to go before even back in training.

Great news. Hopefully this is his injury nightmare over with and he can rediscover his form. I wouldn't send him out on loan. He should be there to train with these players and rival Papac for the LB place. Games in the reserves will help.

I agree and i wouldn't think we would too. I think the medical team will want to keep an eye on him as much as possible.