Novo is out

nvager

The thing about Novo is that with him you get a player who will work for the team, track back and tackle as well as working as a forward. In the Caley game there were 5 instances where he came back to intercept and win tackles where our midfield were standing off.

Whittaker although supposedly a full back does not seem to be able to do the defensive duty and in the forward area is just plain weak,and unable to cross the ball.

Burke is a lazy player and again cannot cross the ball from the wide area.

I am unsure about Naismith on the wide right and JCD and Beasley I think are better going forward in a 4-3-3 formation.

Besides Novo the only player i would put wide right at the moment is McCulloch, as long as you provide pace on the left to counter-balance ie. Beasley.

Hutton and Beasley will provide the width, Papac and mcCulloch assist in defensive duties.

Besides Novo the only player i would put wide right at the moment is McCulloch, as long as you provide pace on the left to counter-balance ie. Beasley.

Hutton and Beasley will provide the width, Papac and mcCulloch assist in defensive duties.

I agree that this would give a better balance than McCulloch on the left.

good point, because papac isnt exactly hutton in an attacking sense, having beasley on that side (his more natural side) could well work better than having mculloch their, because its an almost dormant left side. then on the right, weve got mcculloch who can hold the ball up for hutton to support. (tu)

JCD will not have the stamina to play RW. id like to see Naismith or burke get a run out on the right as i still feel burke deserves one go.

Watched Burke in the reserves yesterday and the only thing he deserves is a boot up the backside and a loan to a division 2 side in england or scotland to get him back down to earth.

Saturday should be interesting,i think you may find a 4-4-2 against falkirk with JC and Boyd up front...expecially with Stuttgart on Tuesday.

So maybe Burke or Whittaker on the right....with Beasley and McCulloch having a half each on the left.

That depends though as Falkirk are a really good football team.

Novo out, Buffel in?

THOMAS BUFFEL today urged Walter Smith to let him replace the injured Nacho Novo in the Rangers first team.

"I have played nine games and am really pleased with how I feel now. I am really up for it and hope to get back playing soon."

Novo out, Buffel in?

THOMAS BUFFEL today urged Walter Smith to let him replace the injured Nacho Novo in the Rangers first team.

"I have played nine games and am really pleased with how I feel now. I am really up for it and hope to get back playing soon."

Hope so, as long as he doesnt play him wide.

To play Buffel out wide would be complete and utter pointless!

____Ferguson____Thomson____

Beasley____Buffel____McCulloch

___________JCD_____________

Or up front in a 4-4-2

Or up front in a 4-4-2

Swap MCulloch and Beasley and I would say that is spot on (tu) My only other question would be who up front plays on Saturday (and who rests) with the CL game imminent?

Or up front in a 4-4-2

Swap MCulloch and Beasley and I would say that is spot on (tu) My only other question would be who up front plays on Saturday (and who rests) with the CL game imminent?

Good point on the resting. I bet Hemdani doesn't play and either Cousin or JCD is rested.

So then possible starting strikers would be:

Boyd

JCD/Cousin* (other as a sub)

Buffel or Naismith

Outwide at the moment:

Beasley #1 on either flank

McCulloch off form

Naismith really a striker

Whittaker (...) really a right back

Burke (blah) really terrible

I would prefer not see McCulloch in the next CL game, but I bet he starts anyway. I like LM, but he has been poor recently. Naismith on the right, Beasley on the left, might be better.

The question that needs to be asked is: Would you rather have Tam Buffel outwide then McCulloch ? Or could you see JCD starting on the wing and Buffel in the hole?

4-2-3-1 is the answer Walter.