Euro 2016 - Scotland bid

J_RFC87

There are only four stadiums in Scotland that are up to scratch: Hampden, Ibrox, The Piggery and Murrayfield.

Aberdeen can't fill their stadium so what would be the point in adding more seats to it?

Tynecastle will probably be a tesco or a block of flats by then and you just couldn't justify upgrading Tannadice.

A total pipedream IMHO.

Spot on.

I think it would be ridiculous to add to these stadiums when it would be the only time they would be full!

It would be different if we were to joint-share it with England, and they could use the four stadiums you mentioned above.

There is also the question of finding training facilities for the 16 teams involved, when they aren't playing matches.

Let's see Murray Park and Lennoxtown and there is...................................Seaton Park in Aberdeen. I'm sure the French will feel right at home there!

A joint bid with England would be the only chance of Scotland ever hosting a major tournament.

we have no chance anyways!

Nice to be positive, eh?

Yuuuuup..

when a country like austria beats you to the games..you might aswell give up for life

It was the Labour Party in charge then :craphead:

First Minister Alex Salmond has revealed that a feasibility study will take place regarding the possibility of Scotland hosting Euro 2016.

Salmond said that initial talks had taken place with the SFA but these were only exploratory at this stage.

"I talked about this with the SFA and we will have a feasibility study," he told The Scotsman.

"There are a number of factors to be considered, such as the number of teams which will be in the tournament."

Scotland would require new or significantly upgraded stadia to meet Uefa's requirements for the tournament, and if the number of teams involved rises from the current 16 that could pose difficulties.

A joint bid with the Republic of Ireland to stage Euro 2008 failed, and Salmond has previously stressed that any push to stage Euro 2016 should see Scotland look to stage the tournament independently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7109057.stm

At this rate, it's the only way we'll qualify :craphead:

Lets hope salmond isn't doin the draw fcuk ! Wot a shambles that would be ? Eh Russia v Barce ! Eh naw sorry change that !!!! :sherlock:

How can we take what you say about transfers etc seriously when your wrong again about Salmond making a mistake at the draw, when it was actually the presiding officer?

A know Boab but how can I resist havin a dig at Salmond he was made for it. :rolleyes::sherlock:

First Minister Alex Salmond has revealed that a feasibility study will take place regarding the possibility of Scotland hosting Euro 2016.

Salmond said that initial talks had taken place with the SFA but these were only exploratory at this stage.

"I talked about this with the SFA and we will have a feasibility study," he told The Scotsman.

"There are a number of factors to be considered, such as the number of teams which will be in the tournament."

Scotland would require new or significantly upgraded stadia to meet Uefa's requirements for the tournament, and if the number of teams involved rises from the current 16 that could pose difficulties.

A joint bid with the Republic of Ireland to stage Euro 2008 failed, and Salmond has previously stressed that any push to stage Euro 2016 should see Scotland look to stage the tournament independently.

Lets hope salmond isn't doin the draw fcuk ! Wot a shambles that would be ? Eh Russia v Barce ! Eh naw sorry change that !!!! :sherlock:

How can we take what you say about transfers etc seriously when your wrong again about Salmond making a mistake at the draw, when it was actually the presiding officer?

A know Boab but how can I resist havin a dig at Salmond he was made for it. :rolleyes::sherlock:

No, he was made for running the country ;)

Fink you really mean ruining the country, don't worry I'll keep you right Boab ! :Animation44-dont over use: :sherlock:

Fink you really mean ruining the country, don't worry I'll keep you right Boab ! :Animation44-dont over use: :sherlock:

Nah, doubt you on both points.