I'm sure I'm biased but....................................

bluenose_jr

celtic get totally pumped in Donesk & are lucky to only lose 2-0

in a pretty crap game with little chances celtic get a late goal to beat milan 2-1

celtic get annilated & even the daily rhebel admits Cardoza should have scored 5 although they only lose 1-0

Benfica play celtic off the park but a deflected shot seconds from the end of the 1st half from Mcgreedy sneaks in, 1-0

A pretty crap game where celtic played poorly but score in the dying seconds with donatti's deflected shot to win 2-1

Ac Milan are having a practice game & rest several top players including the No. 1 & the entire back 4 - Milan win 1-0

The so called fantastic home record I think is a myth

but you cant ignore the facts of the away record in the champions league - won 0 drew 1 lost 15 for 10 against 35

Not forgetting of course they needed a penalty shoot out to enter the champs league against a team being shown up in the Uefa cup.

If/when Rangers get into the last 16 I have a hunch we will both get English teams.

I really hope we dont get Arsenal as the 1st half they played against Aston Villa was some of the best football I've ever seen.

I agree.

Strachan saying it was the hardest group just makes me cringe..for him.How stupid does he think we are although alot of Celtic fans will believe him.

They are a very lucky very poor side,Milan ain't the side they were and if they think a hard group is Portuguese runners up and Ukrainian champions along with a Milan side who finished 6th and just scraped the Champions league last year then i think therapy is needed.

celtic get totally pumped in Donesk & are lucky to only lose 2-0

in a pretty crap game with little chances celtic get a late goal to beat milan 2-1

celtic get annilated & even the daily rhebel admits Cardoza should have scored 5 although they only lose 1-0

Benfica play celtic off the park but a deflected shot seconds from the end of the 1st half from Mcgreedy sneaks in, 1-0

A pretty crap game where celtic played poorly but score in the dying seconds with donatti's deflected shot to win 2-1

Ac Milan are having a practice game & rest several top players including the No. 1 & the entire back 4 - Milan win 1-0

The so called fantastic home record I think is a myth

but you cant ignore the facts of the away record in the champions league - won 0 drew 1 lost 15 for 10 against 35

Not forgetting of course they needed a penalty shoot out to enter the champs league against a team being shown up in the Uefa cup.

If/when Rangers get into the last 16 I have a hunch we will both get English teams.

I really hope we dont get Arsenal as the 1st half they played against Aston Villa was some of the best football I've ever seen.

It does not matter how they go in-as long as they go in.They have an impressive home record & tho they have been lucky lately they still won.

they have the best home record in the CL, I don't think you can just discount that because they are jammy fuckers.

Their away form will always show them up once it gets to the knockout stages though.

fuck sake we are talking about THEM again :rolleyes:

You can try and find as many faults with Celtic in Europe as you want, But the facts remain that Celtic have won their 3 home games and have qualified for the latter stages of the Champions League for a second year running.

Any team needs to carry a bit of luck to progress in the Champions League and although Celtic carry more luck than others it simply just cant be down to luck.

Lets forget about Celtic and focus on Rangers

You can try and find as many faults with Celtic in Europe as you want, But the facts remain that Celtic have won their 3 home games and have qualified for the latter stages of the Champions League for a second year running.

Any team needs to carry a bit of luck to progress in the Champions League and although Celtic carry more luck than others it simply just cant be down to luck.

Lets forget about Celtic and focus on Rangers

oh but it can be down to luck as they have been a very poor side, but its not just this year as they have always been a very lucky team, but f--k them scum as far as i am concerend they will soon be found out.

I agree.

Strachan saying it was the hardest group just makes me cringe..for him.How stupid does he think we are although alot of Celtic fans will believe him.

They are a very lucky very poor side,Milan ain't the side they were and if they think a hard group is Portuguese runners up and Ukrainian champions along with a Milan side who finished 6th and just scraped the Champions league last year then i think therapy is needed.

remember Celtic are the first team AC have manged to beat at home for 15 matches...sez it all really :craphead:

Their home record doesn't lie. They've played a lot of champs league games at home now over the years, and their record is outstanding. When Man United were at their peak, they scored a heck of a lot of late goals, and I'm not just talking about the champs league final. It's a trait that they were roundly praised for, and for me it shows a character that we unfortunately don't have in that respect. Not yet.

On the other hand, their away record doesn't lie either. Rank rotten and embrassing. Imagine spending all that money following your team abroad, knowing you're going to get played off the park and beaten......again :) They will never progress past a decent team in the knock-out stage for this reason.

I think its a lot to do with the belief they have that they will score, they work hard in Europe & play to the whistle same as in SPL.Lucky bassas all the same tho.They defo had a bit more flair last season tho.

have you ever noticed some people seem more concerned with how celtic are doing an looking for excuses about celtic rather than just thinking about rangers.

celtic homes record a myth? wtf are you on?

they have the best home record in the CL.

they also have probably the poorest away record but thats beyond the point. theyre through to the next round because they managed to win games an there never say die attitude, an IMO thats only a good thing for scottish football. forget about the rangers/celtic hatred for at least 5 minutes an concentrate on how our team are doing, if we draw or win next week were in the last 16, like celtic, which we will have won with 1 home win, 1 away win an a draw, an however we do next week. the fact is if we get through, like celtic we wont be looking back an going - oh we only got through because w won this game or that game, we got through because we wanted it more than other teams an stuck together :D:D

stop thinking of celtic for 5 minutes an start thinkin bout the mighty gers! :D

I personally give them credit for fuck all, the are jammy as fuck, certainly under Stricken at hoem on the CL, teams missing penalties, deflections, crappy refereeing decisions, in 5 of their last 6 home CL games they have been totally outplayed , yet can't really remember one match away from home where they have dominated/been convincing, they are crap.

They played in group where the teams could not take advantage of the fact that Sellik had no full backs.

I agree.

remember Celtic are the first team AC have manged to beat at home for 15 matches...sez it all really :craphead:

maybe a slight flaw there.

they beat both donetsk and benfica at home... milan ..absolutely slaughtered donetsk both legs , i watched the 2 games. 4-1 0-3 .going on 10. kaka rip them apart.

they are somewhat struggling in the league tho. but they live for this competition 7 times winners or something and i certainly wouldnt rule them out winning it this year again would you ?

with Kaka in thier team anything is possible. and they are usually even more formidable in the latter stages .

they aint the holders for nowt and have quality throughout thier side and as previously mentioned, currently the world"s best player wich helps in vital games and can be the diffrence .

have you ever noticed some people seem more concerned with how celtic are doing an looking for excuses about celtic rather than just thinking about rangers.

celtic homes record a myth? wtf are you on?

they have the best home record in the CL.

they also have probably the poorest away record but thats beyond the point. theyre through to the next round because they managed to win games an there never say die attitude, an IMO thats only a good thing for scottish football. forget about the rangers/celtic hatred for at least 5 minutes an concentrate on how our team are doing, if we draw or win next week were in the last 16, like celtic, which we will have won with 1 home win, 1 away win an a draw, an however we do next week. the fact is if we get through, like celtic we wont be looking back an going - oh we only got through because w won this game or that game, we got through because we wanted it more than other teams an stuck together :D:D

stop thinking of celtic for 5 minutes an start thinkin bout the mighty gers! :D

good post , i concur

Lets just forget Celtic.

True, its bout time we fotget what they beggers have achieved through luck 2 seasons in a row.

Lets just concentrate on our own team for now and hope we get the right result next week WATP:)

I personally give them credit for fuck all, the are jammy as fuck, certainly under Stricken at hoem on the CL, teams missing penalties, deflections, crappy refereeing decisions, in 5 of their last 6 home CL games they have been totally outplayed , yet can't really remember one match away from home where they have dominated/been convincing, they are crap.

They played in group where the teams could not take advantage of the fact that Sellik had no full backs.

Totally agree, this was point I was originally saying.

No one wants to forget about the Gers but the simple reason is that they are our rivals & we will always be measured against them etc & them against us.

:rangers: