Buffel to Anderlecht

Saudibear

I can see Buffel being moved on in January. There is certainly interest and i feel that any concrete offer will be enough for Rangers to allow him to leave. It is silly really because now we will have to find and buy another quality attacking midfielder while we let one slip through the back door.

I can't see too many others leaving though as a result of Wednesday night. We simply do not have the funds to replace them now so Cousin will be the only one out imo.

ridiculous and i bet we will let him leave for something silly like £1m, not be able to replace him and then struggle for goals and creativity from midfield for the rest of the season. There are a good few games left before the end of the jan window, get buffel in the team now. If he doesnt perform fine sell him in the window but FFS dont let him sit in the reserves while we are crying out for creativity from midfield and then flog him on the cheap without giving him another chance.

Buffel flatters to deceive, only does it when he wants. He can GTF!!

:rangers:

Would you rather have a player with is quiet for the majority of a game, yet possess the ability to turn a match on it's head in an instant or eleven less talent players who will huff and puff without really getting anywhere....basically what we have now.

You can easily have a combination of both.

Buffel deserves one last chance. In that I mean a run of games to prove that he has what it takes to stay at the club. I dont think he will and will be sold in January. If he was in Smith's plans he'd of featured by now.

I could name a lot of players in our squad like that yet buffel is the only one getting abuse. Even an off form not trying buffel is better than adam, mcculloch( when the ball is on the ground) whittaker etc. Adam has scored a couple of good goals in europe for us this year but what else has he done to deserve a place in the squad? No pace, crap passing, average positioning yet he doesnt get a tenth of the abuse buffel gets. If you think we can get an attacking midfielder with as much talent and experience as buffel for the £1m we will be lucky to get for him then we can sell him but i certainly cant think of anyone. Play buffel behind the strikers and play the ball on the deck and we will score many more goals, i have no doubt of that.

Buffel deserves one last chance. In that I mean a run of games to prove that he has what it takes to stay at the club. I dont think he will and will be sold in January. If he was in Smith's plans he'd of featured by now.

Pretty much what i think. If we give him a run of games and hes crap then by all means sell him but it would be stupid to just sell him in jan without giving him another chance to show what he can do. Especially at the price being quoted. I have a feeling we are going to look like right idiots if he goes to say anderlecht and starts playing well and a big club snaps him up.

I could name a lot of players in our squad like that yet buffel is the only one getting abuse. Even an off form not trying buffel is better than adam, mcculloch( when the ball is on the ground) whittaker etc. Adam has scored a couple of good goals in europe for us this year but what else has he done to deserve a place in the squad? No pace, crap passing, average positioning yet he doesnt get a tenth of the abuse buffel gets. If you think we can get an attacking midfielder with as much talent and experience as buffel for the £1m we will be lucky to get for him then we can sell him but i certainly cant think of anyone. Play buffel behind the strikers and play the ball on the deck and we will score many more goals, i have no doubt of that.

Pretty much what i think. If we give him a run of games and hes crap then by all means sell him but it would be stupid to just sell him in jan without giving him another chance to show what he can do. Especially at the price being quoted. I have a feeling we are going to look like right idiots if he goes to say anderlecht and starts playing well and a big club snaps him up.

AGREED! Needs achance N OW!!

He's got the ability to go on dangerous penetrating runs from midfield!

... something we were sadly missing on Wed was any level of penetration...

... give the guy a chance..

... same for Boyd - doesn't deserve to be left in the cold when we're badly short of goal scorers... he migt no be the most technically perfect striker, but he is an out & out goal getter....