Ferguson & Boyd - The Mutineers

Both Ferguson & Boyd played yesterday and we lost - who'll they blame now???

RE If Walter gets the job - in his role as Scotland manager (with less choice than he'll have at Rangers) he didn't fancy playing Boyd, what will Boyd do if Walter continues in that attitude?

Moan to Ferguson about it? Moan to the Mhedia?

Why the F**k we let this pair of sulky fools determine the role of the manager is beyond me - i hope those reactionaries that shouted for PLG to go after the Fir Park game realise what they've done! <oofft>

Paul Le Guen WOULD HAVE TURNED IT AROUND GIVEN TIME!!! pipehorse

This has been a shameful period in our history and i for one hope Walter (or whoever takes the job) shows these players the contempt they deserve!! (willy)

The most worrying thing for this Bear is how easily some Bears allowed the mhedia to use the old maxim (divide & rule) to split the fans from the manager - THAT IS A BIG WORRY!!!

what makes you think he would have turned it around??

From the look of todays reports he wasn't too interested in bringing in new players and wouldn't commit beyond the end of the season.

So he would have turned it round in 5 months with these same players.....i have my doubts. Actually there's no chance he would have turned it round with some of his diddy buys.

PLG did not leave due to barry or Boyd.

He left because he would not give a commitment to murray that he would be here beyond the summer so Murray decided it was better to get shot of him now so we can bring in someone who wants to be here

RE If Walter gets the job - in his role as Scotland manager (with less choice than he'll have at Rangers) he didn't fancy playing Boyd, what will Boyd do if Walter continues in that attitude?

Moan to Ferguson about it? Moan to the Mhedia?

Why the F**k we let this pair of sulky fools determine the role of the manager is beyond me - i hope those reactionaries that shouted for PLG to go after the Fir Park game realise what they've done! <oofft>

Paul Le Guen WOULD HAVE TURNED IT AROUND GIVEN TIME!!! pipehorse

This has been a shameful period in our history and i for one hope Walter (or whoever takes the job) shows these players the contempt they deserve!! (willy)

The most worrying thing for this Bear is how easily some Bears allowed the mhedia to use the old maxim (divide & rule) to split the fans from the manager - THAT IS A BIG WORRY!!!

yes its all vey worrying...I think we showed a lot of ignorance in our tretament of PLG. He always kept his dignity and blamed himself for the poor results. We have to become more mature supporters and realise time has to be allowed. Every manager has made poor signings heck look at Schevschenkos poor showing for Chelsea. we have tarnished the name of RFC with this fiasco

what makes you think he would have turned it around??

From the look of todays reports he wasn't too interested in bringing in new players and wouldn't commit beyond the end of the season.

So he would have turned it round in 5 months with these same players.....i have my doubts. Actually there's no chance he would have turned it round with some of his diddy buys.

Of course he wouldn't have - but IF the players got behind him instead of arguing the toss i think he'd've come to his senses and bought a tall AGGRESSIVE centre-half and would've came to terms with Scottish Football!!!!!

We were going through a change in playing style and that was gonna be hard to adust to - it would've taken time - now we're back to square one, only with less cash in the bank!

The one time we needed Murray to back his manager he let us down BIG TIME!!

Moan to Ferguson about it?  Moan to the Mhedia?

Why the F**k we let this pair of sulky fools determine the role of the manager is beyond me - i hope those reactionaries that shouted for PLG to go after the Fir Park game realise what they've done!  <oofft>

Paul Le Guen WOULD HAVE TURNED IT AROUND GIVEN TIME!!!  pipehorse

This has been a shameful period in our history and i for one hope Walter (or whoever takes the job) shows these players the contempt they deserve!!  (willy)

yes its all vey worrying...I think we showed a lot of ignorance in our tretament of PLG. He always kept his dignity and blamed himself for the poor results. We have to become more mature supporters and realise time has to be allowed. Every manager has made poor signings heck look at Schevschenkos poor showing for Chelsea. we have tarnished the name of RFC with this fiasco

i agree with you that time was needed and if PLG was committed then from the sounds of the reports today SDM would have given it to him.

However PLG would not commit beyond the end of this season and that simply is not good enough when such a large rebuilding job is required. PLG's change in attitude clearly showed to Murray that his heart was not in it.

Its a shame, i liked PLG despite his shocking signings. And i disagreed with his treatment of fergie but i'd never boo him off the team bus etc.

I can understand ppl blame these players, but PLG has to take blame as well. I mean it would seem that he was unwilling to committ to our club.

It's all baffling and I just don't know what reports to believe!

Haven't seen the papers but as for him 'not committing beyond the summer' well - i guess he knew that when (as i suspect) he told Murray he wanted shot of Boyd and the chairman tried to talk him out of it - as no doubt he did over Ferguson - he probably thought..

THE MEDIA AND THOSE PLAYERS HAVE CREATED A DIVISION BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE CLUB AND HE (the chairman) SITS BACK AND TRIES TO TAKE THE MEDIA LINE......

WHY THE F**K SHOULD I COMMIT?

That's my guess at what happened!

I think it was more a case of Murray thinking why should I let this guy sell two of our most productive players when he will not commit to being here after the summer.

Then in the summer we'd be without a manager and two of our most productive players.

Better to keep the players and bring in a new manager now and see what he wants to do.

I think it was more a case of Murray thinking why should I let this guy sell two of our most productive players when he will not commit to being here after the summer.

Then in the summer we'd be without a manager and two of our most productive players.

Better to keep the players and bring in a new manager now and see what he wants to do.

it looks like the mutiny in the ranks weakened PLGs will to commit beyond the summer not to mention the boozin

The one really big mistake PLG made was NOT dealing with Boyd when he started sulking.....

The mhedia created a division among those of us with more sense (ie an eye on the big picture) and the reactionaries

Ultimately Murray should've stepped in and issued a statement to the media along the following line...

"I know exactly what you (media) are up to trying to split the support and i'd appeal to every Rangers fan out there to get behind the boss no matter what you think of the particular point at hand, talk argue over it amongst yourselves but don't let the media turn you against each other or the manager.

I have made a choice on the manager and come what may it's his word that counts, his decisions that have my full backing and if ANY player thinks they can put in the mix with issue 'leaks' to the media he'll be out in his ear!!

The managers word is final!!!!

IF Murray had done that then (or when he made his decision over Ferguson) then i'm sure PLG WOULD'VE COMMITTED BEYOND THE SUMMER!

It's all supposition as to what's going on behind the scenes - my guess is that PAUL WANTED NOTHING TO GO ON, NEITHER DID/DO I!!

Things should be open - players should keep schtum and wait til their careers are over before telling everyone what they (idiots that most of them are) think!

PLG IS GONE - GET OVER IT! FFS - He SPLIT the SUPPORT!

LETS JUST MOVE ON! THIS IS BORING!

:rolleyes:

Understand your sentiments m8, but I doubt the fans are just gonna stop talking.

4 days later it's still a big issue. I supported the idea of us just moving on, but it seems many of us can't for the simple reason there's still, I guess, plenty to discuss.

PLG IS GONE - GET OVER IT!  FFS - He SPLIT the SUPPORT!

LETS JUST MOVE ON!  THIS IS BORING!

ahaa the old 'Let's Bury our heads in the Sand' routine....

Why am i not surprised it's coming from you.. you with your talk of 'January Clearout'.....

Of course if there is a clearout and we bring in 7 or 8 players and let the others go for nowt and the new players dont' work out and the ones we let go go on to show themselves as good players, then you'll again turn round and say......

THIS IS BORING LET'S MOVE ON AND FORGET IT!

NO ONE LEARNS ANYTHING FROM JUST 'MOVING ON' - WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE SAME MISTAKES HAPPEN again and again and again and again

Judging from our past disagreement you're just happy using Rangers as something to moan about and then make the same mistake again JUST TO ENABLE YOU TO MOAN, AND MOAN.

There's a difference between us apart from me being a wiser man than you - I WANT AN ISSUE RESOLVED AND CONSENSUS OVER WHAT TO DO IN FUTURE BEFORE I 'MOVE ON'!!!

Move on................... I'm beginning to think your a plant................

Now, let me guess... Traynor is it? <rattat>

If this subject bores you don't read the thread - simple!!! But then that would deny you a moan wouldn't it.................... (spl)

I can understand ppl blame these players, but PLG has to take blame as well. I mean it would seem that he was unwilling to committ to our club.

It's all baffling and I just don't know what reports to believe!

I'd say that there's a degree of truth to all sides of this sorry story.

The one really big mistake PLG made was NOT dealing with Boyd when he started sulking.....

The mhedia created a division among those of us with more sense (ie an eye on the big picture) and the reactionaries

Ultimately Murray should've stepped in and issued a statement to the media along the following line...

"I know exactly what you (media) are up to trying to split the support and i'd appeal to every Rangers fan out there to get behind the boss no matter what you think of the particular point at hand, talk argue over it amongst yourselves but don't let the media turn you against each other or the manager.

I have made a choice on the manager and come what may it's his word that counts, his decisions that have my full backing and if ANY player thinks they can put in the mix with issue 'leaks' to the media he'll be out in his ear!!

The managers word is final!!!!

IF Murray had done that then (or when he made his decision over Ferguson) then i'm sure PLG WOULD'VE COMMITTED BEYOND THE SUMMER!

It's all supposition as to what's going on behind the scenes - my guess is that PAUL WANTED NOTHING TO GO ON, NEITHER DID/DO I!!

Things should be open - players should keep schtum and wait til their careers are over before telling everyone what they (idiots that most of them are) think!

seriously sensible post (tu)

A Horse with No Name - sometimes your posts are great, sometimes there absolute mince!

I agree pretty much with the first post.

NO ONE LEARNS ANYTHING FROM JUST 'MOVING ON' - WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE SAME MISTAKES HAPPEN again and again and again and again

We need to move on put these incidents behind us, get behind the team and get on with it. Whats happened has happened. For any progres we need to move on.

Now, let me guess... Traynor is it?

doh

A Horse with No Name - sometimes your posts are great, sometimes there absolute mince!

I agree pretty much with the first post.

We need to move on put these incidents behind us, get behind the team and get on with it. Whats happened has happened. For any progres we need to move on.

Now, let me guess... Traynor is it?

doh

That was 'below the belt' BUT being totally honest here How does (ala Homer Simpson) saying 'Boring' 'Let's Move On' resolve an issue?

Answer that?

I'm all for 'Moving On' - WHEN THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED!!!

What happens if the next manager has the same problem????????????

Will we just fire him as well................ and then just 'MOVE ON'!

Baring in mind Walter (with less players to choose from with Scotland - providing he's getting money) hasn't picked BOYD for the Scotland team i suspect Boyd is gonna be at the sulking again IF WS takes the job...

These players have to be dealt with!

PLG IS GONE - GET OVER IT!? FFS - He SPLIT the SUPPORT!

LETS JUST MOVE ON!? THIS IS BORING!

Understand your sentiments m8, but I doubt the fans are just gonna stop talking.

4 days later it's still a big issue. I supported the idea of us just moving on, but it seems many of us can't for the simple reason there's still, I guess, plenty to discuss.

Your damn sight there's plenty to discuss because Ferguson's attitude, the question of the Captaincy and his future at the Club are still live issues <rattat> .

The squad is split down the middle right now, Scots v foreigners, morale and confidence are rock bottom, and if Walter is halfway serious about bringing any kind of stability back to Rangers then this situation has to be resolved, and getting rid of the 'foreign rubbish' is only half the answer because there is a clique at work right now at Ibrox and Ferguson is mixed up with it.

Ferguson should not waltz back into the Captaincy as if nothing has happened because its clear as day that his leadership both on and off the park is partly responsible for this deplorable state of affairs.

If Ferguson remains at Rangers then it should be on the Club's terms NOT HIS and that means he loses the Captaincy. He has failed to live up to his own very public billing as Captain. His idea of 'leading by example' seemed to amount to Boyd getting away with murder, a blind eye to McGregor's screw-ups and let's not go down the road of following instructions or breakway Chirstmas piss ups :wacko: .

And where was the leadership from BF on Sunday? Yet some people think this is acceptable behaviour from a Rangers Captain? :lol:

Either Ferguson and his pals are brought under control or they go, end of story IMO.

That was 'below the belt' BUT being totally honest here How does (ala Homer Simpson) saying 'Boring' 'Let's Move On' resolve an issue?

Answer that?

I'm all for 'Moving On' - WHEN THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED!!!

SDM has seen fit in his decision to get rid of PLG, which has resolved a major issue.

What else do you want? What issues do you want sorted?

The players cant come and go so easily.

What happens if the next manager has the same problem????????????

Will we just fire him as well................ and then just 'MOVE ON'!

Baring in mind Walter (with less players to choose from with Scotland - providing he's getting money) hasn't picked BOYD for the Scotland team i suspect Boyd is gonna be at the sulking again IF WS takes the job...

These players have to be dealt with!

The manager might not have the same problems, i.e. with Baz and Boyd. He might get even more out of them.

But i do agree, i still think Baz should be punished in some way.