No aces up our sleeves

J_RFC87

My uncle works PR for Rangers, and on Wednesday he overheard in the Press Room, Chick Young and some other reporters asking about possible signings this transfer window.

SDM said in a sort of mocking accent;

"Look, (grabs his sleeves), I don't have any aces up my sleeves and no tricks to pull."

He then went on to say about how English footballers draw their wages out of a bank account in the Caymen islands or another tax free haven. That money for their wages, is sitting in an account at the start of the year waiting to be drawn out. We can't afford to do that at all, we need to be making money across the year and that depends on success.

I think we all know the days of Tore Andre Flo, Mario Jardel, Ronaldo...whoever...those massive signings days are well and truely over. Under SDM, and probably under any other Chairmen.

A £8-10mil fee received for Alan Hutton wouldn'tt result in a spending spree either.

im not expecting any signings..WS has stated clearly he will only buy a player(s) if he has the quality to go straight into the first team..and its highly unlikely on our budget we will get such a player.

I'm not expecting much and tbh if they are not of real quality then I'm not bothered. No point in signing anyone just for the sake of it.

But if Hutton went then I'd expect ALL of that money to be given to Smith!

I personally despise the January transfer window. It is basically a time for clubs to panic buy. Hopefully Smith has more sense than to get sucked in by the rush and only buy a player if he has been properly researched beforehand and will undoubtedly improve the current first team.

I also would not allow any players to leave in January. By doing so you just upset the dynamics of the dressing room mid-way through a season. Very ill-advised. Especially if you are talking about the hottest property at Rangers in Alan Hutton.