Surely they can only disallow goals and deny pens . .

BLUEDIGNITY

From my point of view I reckon officials make mistakes at games, shit happens....

But I don't think we have many friends in the Administrative bodies, the postponement of the OF game on Jan 2 being an example.

Extended sellick family my arse, they didn't want to play the game.

We are no longer the Establishment Club in Scotland, we have slept while our enemies have been very clever.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite ridiculous to suggest that the officials have actually cheated in our past two games.

The disallowed goal was a major fuck up and I do not understand how he came to that decision.

But the penalty that never was, was just a mistake IMO. The linesman wasn't in the correct position and probably hesitated and raised his flag. The Ref actually pointed to the spot but of course, with the flag raised, blew for offside.

Some of you sound like Mourinho.

Another apologist for dodgy officials this time, where will it all end ? :sherlock:

"The disallowed goal was a major fuck up and I do not understand how he came to that decision."

Did you miss that?

I'm simply putting my arguement forward as I do not believe the officials are cheats.

OK you've convinced me, so I now believe Big Jock Didn't Know ! doh:sherlock:

I was merely pointing out that there is no need for the sarcy posts after I provided you with my side of the debate.

The majority of us on here criticise and slag the tims for playing the victim card all the time. We done it 3 weeks ago when they (IMO) used the death of a professional footballer to their own advantage by requesting matches be postponed.

And now, after two decisions do not go our way, you're suggesting that all the officials are against us.

Are we now playing the victim card?

No we are not playin the victim card, we are puttin the gun to the officials heads, just the same way they put the gun to Rangers heads over the postponment on Jan 2 ! Use the politics of it and take every advantage ! :sherlock:

Yeah right - have you no sense.

Can you imagine if we made a huge fuss about it? How do you think it would go? Would we

a) start getting every decision under the sun go our way

b) get even less love from the officials because we called them out?

The sad thing is that there may be a minority on here who would go with a)

What a gutless statement (b) is ? :sherlock:

Care to explain? because that is what you are advocating

From my point of view I reckon officials make mistakes at games, shit happens....

But I don't think we have many friends in the Administrative bodies, the postponement of the OF game on Jan 2 being an example.

We are no longer the Establishment Club in Scotland, we have slept while our enemies have been very clever.

manti we have slept just as you say the problem being murray wanting to look good, and when people were accusing our fans and club of different things murray would just appease them giving a inch time after time while the manky mob were taking the high ground. as for the celtic family all they look for is to be part of tragedy that occurs so the can make a new friendship,make banners of the tragedy, and play games to raise money for the victims, then brag the good old celtic family help people in trouble, they are just a bunch of conmen who want to be loved by everyone.

I'm no fan of Scottish refs but Scotland has no professional referees.

Rangers have had a raw deal on several occasions this season but, in the face of these mistakes and errors, bad as they sometimes are, we have buckled down and got the necessary results. And usually the result is three points earned from determination, graft and -sometimes- a flash of skill. We are winning 'ugly' at the moment, but we are winning, and that is the reason why Celtic fans are foaming at the mouth, concocting ludicrious conspiracy theories to outdo the 'Green and Grey' hoops. The small fact that their own team is vastly overrated is routinely ignored.

I do not expect Rangers or Rangers fans to start copying Celtic -from Lawwell and Strachan downwards- and run crying to the media everytime a decision goes against them. I do not expect Bears to ape Celtic's paranoia, which is now reaching epic levels. I might criticise Walter, but he's put grit in this team; I believe we have an excellent winning this League on our merit.

In short, if we spent more time backing the team and less time hunting for non existant plots then we might actually have some atmosphere in Ibrox. I'll repeat it: if we want to defend our Club then we pick our fights. We'll take the knocks like Rangers and leave the excuses to Celtic. And I hope they'll need them.

WATP :rangers: .

Spot on. Leave the paranoid whinning to them.

Good call Manticore we are no longer the Establishment Club ! Beaten into submission by our DIGNIFIED silences throughout the last ten years ! :sherlock:

Good call Manticore we are no longer the Establishment Club ! Beaten into submission by our DIGNIFIED silences throughout the last ten years ! :sherlock:

At least the club still has dignity, if a section of our fans does not

I don't think there is some sort of officiating conspiracy against us but considering the number of high profile decisions going against us recently (and for most of the season) by a wide variety of officials (Freeland, Richmond and Brines being the worst offenders) I wouldn't be averse to our club complaining privately to the league.

Professional referees or not, these guys should be doing a better job than they are doing. Our club is not the only club losing out because these people cannot get the very simplest of decisions right. Doing so once or twice is fair enough - none of us are perfect - but good officiating now seems to be the exception to the rule.

It does happen. Mike McCurry was excellent in the Old Firm fixture (despite being let down by the Bill Struth stand linesman) and he (along with his linesman) made a good decision to allow Ferguson's header the other week against Utd. It just doesn't happen often enough and nothing seems to be done about it.