Lyon close in on Boumsong

Muff

Lyon are hoping to sign Jean-Alain Boumsong on loan from Juventus this week.

Boumsong has been linked with a January exit from Juventus after failing to force his way into Claudio Ranieri's plans on a regular basis.

The former Newcastle United centre-half was tipped for a return to the Premier League, but he now appears poised to join Lyon.

The French champions' president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed talks are underway to sign Boumsong as a replacement for the injured Cleber Anderson....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_3067973,00.html

Think he'd be an excellent partner for Carlos Cuellar.

yep, seems he played his best football at rangers, has been pretty shit since he left glasgow..... id take him back at a cut price, it would be a nice bit of business aswell, and hopefully he would discover the form he had in his 1st spell and could go on to be an ibrox great........

I watched him last week in the Coppa Italia. He came on as a sub early in the first half, Juve went on to concede 3 goals after that. Hes pish and I wouldnt want him back.

:lol:

What a plonker doh

yet he looked so good in the SPL it reflects badly on us

He wasn't that good (in the SPL) IMO, too fancy dan at times and some bad decision making

I watched him last week in the Coppa Italia. He came on as a sub early in the first half, Juve went on to concede 3 goals after that. Hes pish and I wouldnt want him back.

:lol:

What a plonker doh

yet he looked so good in the SPL it reflects badly on us

He wasn't that good (in the SPL) IMO, too fancy dan at times and some bad decision making

Dont kid yourself Boab he was strolling through our league, he was class in his time at Rangers.

I wouldnt take him now though as hes never been the same since.