Wee Willie joins Jinky trust

Boab

Henderson Joins Johnstone Trust

LEGENDARY Rangers winger Willie Henderson has signed as a trustee of the Jinky Johnstone Trust, named after his close friend and former Old Firm rival Jimmy Johnstone.

Willie Henderson takes on Celtic in his playing daysHenderson joins former Celtic players Billy McNeill, Tommy Gemmell and Bertie Auld in directing the work of the charity, established to provide football strips for cash-strapped clubs.

In the last 12 months, over 30 Scottish clubs have received kit from the Trust including Ferrytoon AFC, Thurso Swifts AFC, Wellhouse AFC, Condorrat AFC and Lanarkshire United GFC.

Henderson said: "We played for opposing sides in the Old Firm but Jimmy was a lifelong friend of mine.

"It makes absolute sense to me that former players from both clubs should come together to do what we can to support amateur football in his name."

Former Rangers players Arthur Numan and Gordon Smith, the SFA's chief executive, were there to witness the signing ceremony.

Smith added: "Football in Scotland is not just about the elite players who turn out for our top teams and who represent their country.

"It is also about the tens of thousands of players who take part each week and, of course, the countless numbers of volunteers who run teams and coach our youngsters.

"The work the Trust does in Jinky's name makes a massive difference to football players right across Scotland. I am delighted that it continues to grow and strengthen."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1221796,00.html