minutes silence

minstral

100% with the sentiments on this thread. Applause is rarely appropriate (George Best was possibly one example when it was) and totally wrong for something like the Munich disaster. Wasn't right for Phil O'Donnell either.

100% with the sentiments on this thread. Applause is rarely appropriate (George Best was possibly one example when it was) and totally wrong for something like the Munich disaster. Wasn't right for Phil O'Donnell either.

Quite agree with the sentiments here, somethimes applause is useful for the celebration of a life lives but in the case of tragedy or a life cut short i can't see that it has a place.

I think clubs should do wichever one the family asks for. Afterall their families are the ones who have lost the most and the ones who would know what the deceased would have wanted.

Personally, I think a minutes silence shows more respect. Gives you time to contiplate.

I just heard on the radio that Frank Swift, the goalkeeper played for Man City and England, he died on he flight. I didnt know that. As indeed did Matt Busby, who survived of course.

Silence is the way. I hope all clubs respect that.

Minutes silence for me as well, for those who would prefer the applause (not many on here, if any, I hasten to add) I have to ask if they go to funerals and stand at gravesides and applaud as the coffin is lowered into the ground?

Society really has fallen so far in the short time I have inhabited this Earth!