minutes silence

minstral

just watching sky sports news and man city want applause instead of silence for the munich disaster, but man united have said no which is quite right and i feel our club should come out and voice their agreement along with arsenal and get the return of the minutes silence,where people can pay proper respect and dont pander to clubs who there fans can not be trusted.our club should make a statement and announce from now on all respect will be a minutes silence.

just watching sky sports news and man city want applause instead of silence for the munich disaster, but man united have said no which is quite right and i feel our club should come out and voice their agreement along with arsenal and get the return of the minutes silence,where people can pay proper respect and dont pander to clubs who there fans can not be trusted.our club should make a statement and announce from now on all respect will be a minutes silence.

I agree mate,

A minutes silence is much more respectful than clapping for a minute! IMO anyway.

Dont know if it will come back in though coz a lot of people do prefer the applause these days!

Spot on mate but aslong as Murray and his sun taned sidekick in charge of our club it will just go in one ear and out the other.

The only reason for the minute's applause is to cover up the imbeciles who spoil the silences. IMO these people should be hounded out of grounds, it is an absolute disgrace that people cannot respect the dead, no matter who they are or what team they played for.

Minute's silence is FAR more respectful, and I. for one, a delighted that these clubs are demanding its return. Pay attention Murray.

How can you possibly justify the applause of the Munich air disaster? That is almost as bad as the yahoos holding a minutes applause for the death of 300 Ukrainian miners.

Man Utd are absolutely right to want a minutes silence. Our club would have done the same once upon a time. Now they decide not to even remember our personal disasters.

With regards to this I totally agree, it was a disaster and should be remembered with a minute's silence, it isn't a case of a single player passing away.

That's a good point. It's all very well to remember an individuals contribution with applause (not that I agree with it) but it's totally inappropriate for a disaster such as this.

How can you possibly justify the applause of the Munich air disaster? That is almost as bad as the yahoos holding a minutes applause for the death of 300 Ukrainian miners.

Man Utd are absolutely right to want a minutes silence. Our club would have done the same once upon a time. Now they decide not to even remember our personal disasters.

spot on. (tu)

i was at school when this happened and i remember where i was when i heard the news.no teletex in these days just the news on radio.silence would bring it back applause no. small side line about this event ,it seems jacky blanchflower ,dannys brother ,was unable to recover enough to play again ,man.u. told him he had to be out the club house by the end of the month.club loyalty or what?

Dignified thoughts Minstral ! Class always tells ! What this Great country was built on ! :sherlock:

City only requested it because they think a few of their fans might spoil it. Somebody was on 5live earlier talking about it, apparently there was a minutes silence for something else years ago at a Manchester derby and it was the worst kept minute of silences ever, they just hurled abuse at each other.

United made the right decision, minutes silence is the more appropriate. Hopefully everything passes without incident and due respect is shown to those that died.

if you cast your mind back you may remember sir david murray unveiling a plaque before an old firm game in the 90's in tribute to the 66 who died in the ibrox disaster, he was greeted with derision by the "filth" who inhabit the Broomloan Road stand on these occasions, they then asked for a minutes silence before the game started and this was further reason for the mhanky mob to show there class and upbringing with boos and whistles and chants about the IRA. one other memory i have of that was Peter Grant standing with his head bowed observing the occasion and then turning towards his own fans with a look of disgust on his face.

one other memory i have of that was Peter Grant standing with his head bowed observing the occasion and then turning towards his own fans with a look of disgust on his face.

Not often I would praise Peter Grant.

That moment must have been so embarrasing for anybody with the slightest shred of compassion.

There were bound to be friends and relatives of the victims at Ibrox that day.

we should not give in to people who cant stand quiet and pay respect for someone that has died,and celtic only want the applause to cover up the fact that their fans can never be trusted.

Exactly.

I just don't get the idea that Noise=Respect.

For me Silence + Reflection = Respect.

It's about thoughtfullness and dignity.