Hutton still doing that U-turn

OlegKuznetsov

I think it's fair to say a lot of us seem to think that Hutton is better than what he actually is - at the moment anyway.

But to be fair, I think a lot of us also do not realise what a great player we have on our hands.

He's been getting racognition from World Class managers. Is wanted by a World Class manager. He has been in numerous different rags and polls about being World Class and although this doesn't determine who is World Class, they aren't exactly going to put Whittaker in there, are they?

They put players in there who are making a huge impact throughout Europe and International football, which Hutton has done.

What I have to question is the fact that Barry Ferguson gets labelled as World Class by many fans and yet from my point of view, Hutton has played much better than he has over the last year or more.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the season, I don't.

We're beyond the halfway mark, with only 3 1/2 months of the season to go and there's no guarantee that any, even world class, signings would hit the ground running and approach anywhere near the form that Hutton has been on.

In summer, when you've got times to bed things in, it's different.

Rangers and World Class players............... <cr>

Hutton is :rolleyes:

Oh here we go! :rolleyes:<cr>

Well, hasn't he recently been voted number 8 in the world of top class young players (or something like that), if that's the case then surely there is an argument that he is a world class player!

He's clearly not.

Disgruntled Bear says so :shifty:

:lol:(tu) So we get tested as WORLDCLASS now playing in the SPL against St.mirren etc for a year!, Hutton has been tested upto 10 times against good teams in a year and yes he's done well! but he's no where near WORLDCLASS!!!

It's time we took the Blue tinted spec off,Were starting to sound like that Mhanky mob with Mcgeady (td)

I bet you are kind of chap who when the sun comes out says

"Oh no, we will pay for this!"

Quite frankly, Hutton has been tested 10 times in Europe plus in some high class company paying for Scotland. YOu can add to that games against Celtic - they are after all in the last 16 of the Champs League

In ALL of those games Hutton has not only played well, he has pretty much dominated at his position. Against the champs of Germany and France and barca, maybe the best club side in World Football.

Plus, the Italian national side, world Champs, were full of praise for the way he played - quotes suggesting that Hutton would thrive in Serie A. Plus legends of the game like Sir Alex Ferguson waxing lyrical about the young mans game

As much as the wearie willie in you would love to shoult down the achivements of the 2nd best right back in Europe right now - you cannot ignore the form Alan has shown this past 12 months.

:lol: I really want to know what your drinking at the games because i think u should lay off it!, DOMINATED at RB C'mon u must be watching a different game he bombs down the line yes but DOMINATING games i've heard it all now (tu)

Stuttgart game he won single handed for us - Lyon away he was outstanding - stopping an excellent wide player for Lyon and creating a goal - the French away game similarly - Barca at home, again fantastic defensive game and our best outlet - Italy game, our MOM - Ukraine at home, again, fantastic in defense and another assist from a foraging run.

RBs are not supposed to do the things Hutton does, yet his defensive duties are never shirked

I'll give you Stuggart and Italy both at Home, away Hutton wasn't even close to OUTSTANDING,Lyon game i'll think u'll find that McGregor and Cousin were OUTSTANDING that night LYON had over 20 shots at goal and rattled the bar!, Hutton got found out when they come to IBROX!

He's a good player but he's no where near WORLDCLASS

At ibrox, he was caught out once but basically we lost that game because mcGregor messed up.

At lyon he was outstanding and received tons of plaudits that night - kept the Lyon wide man in front of him all night long yet still had time to set up a goal for Cousin

So why do you have to attack our best player then?

Cause i Know he's no WORLDCLASS i'm attacking him <cr>

Well as long as you know then

the football world must be wrong

jeesh!

THE FOOTBALL WORLD HAVE NEVER SAID ALAN HUTTON IS WORLD CLASS!

If he was Worldclass Barcelona,Real Madrid etc would be in to sign him... no Tottenham,Everton <_<

And by the way Sir Alex Ferguson never said Alan Hutton was worldclass <cr>

We're beyond the halfway mark, with only 3 1/2 months of the season to go and there's no guarantee that any, even world class, signings would hit the ground running and approach anywhere near the form that Hutton has been on.

Well, hasn't he recently been voted number 8 in the world of top class young players (or something like that), if that's the case then surely there is an argument that he is a world class player!

He's clearly not.

:lol:(tu) So we get tested as WORLDCLASS now playing in the SPL against St.mirren etc for a year!, Hutton has been tested upto 10 times against good teams in a year and yes he's done well! but he's no where near WORLDCLASS!!!

It's time we took the Blue tinted spec off,Were starting to sound like that Mhanky mob with Mcgeady (td)

Quite frankly, Hutton has been tested 10 times in Europe plus in some high class company paying for Scotland. YOu can add to that games against Celtic - they are after all in the last 16 of the Champs League

In ALL of those games Hutton has not only played well, he has pretty much dominated at his position. Against the champs of Germany and France and barca, maybe the best club side in World Football.

Plus, the Italian national side, world Champs, were full of praise for the way he played - quotes suggesting that Hutton would thrive in Serie A. Plus legends of the game like Sir Alex Ferguson waxing lyrical about the young mans game

As much as the wearie willie in you would love to shoult down the achivements of the 2nd best right back in Europe right now - you cannot ignore the form Alan has shown this past 12 months.

:lol: I really want to know what your drinking at the games because i think u should lay off it!, DOMINATED at RB C'mon u must be watching a different game he bombs down the line yes but DOMINATING games i've heard it all now (tu)

Stuttgart game he won single handed for us - Lyon away he was outstanding - stopping an excellent wide player for Lyon and creating a goal - the French away game similarly - Barca at home, again fantastic defensive game and our best outlet - Italy game, our MOM - Ukraine at home, again, fantastic in defense and another assist from a foraging run.

RBs are not supposed to do the things Hutton does, yet his defensive duties are never shirked

I'll give you Stuggart and Italy both at Home, away Hutton wasn't even close to OUTSTANDING,Lyon game i'll think u'll find that McGregor and Cousin were OUTSTANDING that night LYON had over 20 shots at goal and rattled the bar!, Hutton got found out when they come to IBROX!

At ibrox, he was caught out once but basically we lost that game because mcGregor messed up.

At lyon he was outstanding and received tons of plaudits that night - kept the Lyon wide man in front of him all night long yet still had time to set up a goal for Cousin

jeesh!

If he was Worldclass Barcelona,Real Madrid etc would be in to sign him... no Tottenham,Everton <_<

Havent you heard?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Ac Milan has entered the race to sign Alan Hutton.

A bidding war is expected to commence in the next 24 hrs with everyone eager to get the WORLD CLASS Alan Hutton on their books.

When asked about Hutton Frank Rijkaard said " Every top club in Europe is traking Hutton. He single handedly beat Celtic 3-0 and was the only reason we failed to score at Ibrox and only managed 2 goals in the Nou Camp. Having a player of Huttons ability is only something we at Barcelona dream of. He are willing to spend in excess of £35 million to secure his services"

Chelsea manager Avram Grant followed up Rijkaard by saying "We want to build a team around Hutton. He is WORLD CLASS, best player in the world at this current time"

:craphead:

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

Havent you heard?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Ac Milan has entered the race to sign Alan Hutton.

A bidding war is expected to commence in the next 24 hrs with everyone eager to get the WORLD CLASS Alan Hutton on their books.

When asked about Hutton Frank Rijkaard said " Every top club in Europe is traking Hutton. He single handedly beat Celtic 3-0 and was the only reason we failed to score at Ibrox and only managed 2 goals in the Nou Camp. Having a player of Huttons ability is only something we at Barcelona dream of. He are willing to spend in excess of £35 million to secure his services"

Chelsea manager Avram Grant followed up Rijkaard by saying "We want to build a team around Hutton. He is WORLD CLASS, best player in the world at this current time"

:craphead:

Fcuk thats me put in my place :craphead:

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/ferguson_l...ews_158111.html

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his admiration for Scotland defender Alan Hutton.

Hutton has impressed for club and country in recent months and his performance in Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifying defeat to Italy did not go unnoticed by Ferguson.

"Hutton was exceptional," Ferguson told The Daily Telegraph.

"He has come from nowhere and looks as though he will become a superstar once he gets that little extra bit of experience."

Ferguson's comments will fuel speculation that he has identified Hutton as a potential long-term replacement for Gary Neville.

The United boss was not the only person impressed by Hutton's performance against Italy. Christian Panucci, a Champions League winner with Real Madrid and Milan, believes the player would not look out of place in Serie A.

"Hutton is a very good player," said Panucci. "He is very quick and has two good feet. He produced a lot of good play against us in the game. He looks like a player with a good mentality, too, and I have no doubts he could play in Italy."

and

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...0/sfnhut120.xml

Alan is someone who has really grown in self-belief," the Scotland manager said yesterday. "It's a marvellous trait to have, so important in any walk of life. It's great to see Scots with the conviction that, no matter who they play against, they needn't fear anybody." Hutton has that confidence in spades and, according to former Chelsea and Scotland winger Pat Nevin, he can become an all-time great at club and international level.

"Alan looks comfortable in any company," he said. "He's become better and better throughout this year but that became blindingly obvious to everyone against the Italians at the weekend.

"You could see him grow in confidence as the match went on as he realised that no one in the opposing team could live with him. He has a natural athleticism and that in itself is enough to take someone like Stephen Pearson, who has many other things lacking from his game, a long way. When you look at what Hutton has in his locker, however, you can see he's exceptional. It's not just his pace and power but the timing of his tackles.

Manchester United homepage

Scottish fans' forum

"He can fly past opponents but he's not a one-dimensional player as he proves by cutting inside to beat them. The last time I saw a Scot bully Italians like that was when Duncan Ferguson did it to them in 1994.

"Big Duncan's injuries prevented him from fulfilling his potential but Hutton will surely go all the way to the top. He doesn't even need to keep improving: just maintaining his current form would be enough."

Nevin, a boyhood Celtic supporter, paid the Rangers man the ultimate tribute by mentioning him in the same breath as a Parkhead legend. "They were different types of player, but Hutton is the best Scotland have had in his position since Danny McGrain," he said.

Have your say

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his admiration for Scotland defender Alan Hutton.

Hutton has impressed for club and country in recent months and his performance in Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifying defeat to Italy did not go unnoticed by Ferguson.

"He has come from nowhere and looks as though he will become a superstar once he gets that little extra bit of experience."

Ferguson's comments will fuel speculation that he has identified Hutton as a potential long-term replacement for Gary Neville.

The United boss was not the only person impressed by Hutton's performance against Italy. Christian Panucci, a Champions League winner with Real Madrid and Milan, believes the player would not look out of place in Serie A.

"Hutton is a very good player," said Panucci. "He is very quick and has two good feet. He produced a lot of good play against us in the game. He looks like a player with a good mentality, too, and I have no doubts he could play in Italy."

and

Alan is someone who has really grown in self-belief," the Scotland manager said yesterday. "It's a marvellous trait to have, so important in any walk of life. It's great to see Scots with the conviction that, no matter who they play against, they needn't fear anybody." Hutton has that confidence in spades and, according to former Chelsea and Scotland winger Pat Nevin, he can become an all-time great at club and international level.

"Alan looks comfortable in any company," he said. "He's become better and better throughout this year but that became blindingly obvious to everyone against the Italians at the weekend.

"You could see him grow in confidence as the match went on as he realised that no one in the opposing team could live with him. He has a natural athleticism and that in itself is enough to take someone like Stephen Pearson, who has many other things lacking from his game, a long way. When you look at what Hutton has in his locker, however, you can see he's exceptional. It's not just his pace and power but the timing of his tackles.

Scottish fans' forum

"He can fly past opponents but he's not a one-dimensional player as he proves by cutting inside to beat them. The last time I saw a Scot bully Italians like that was when Duncan Ferguson did it to them in 1994.

"Big Duncan's injuries prevented him from fulfilling his potential but Hutton will surely go all the way to the top. He doesn't even need to keep improving: just maintaining his current form would be enough."

Nevin, a boyhood Celtic supporter, paid the Rangers man the ultimate tribute by mentioning him in the same breath as a Parkhead legend. "They were different types of player, but Hutton is the best Scotland have had in his position since Danny McGrain," he said.

Have your say

Where does it say Alex Ferguson says Alan Hutton is WORLD CLASS?

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

and

Scottish fans' forum

Have your say

Sorry but there's no mention of Alan Hutton being World Class,If your Going on that logic there's plently Scottish players that Fergie has said was exceptional, as for Pat Nevin doh wasn't that long ago he was saying that Scott Brown and McGeady are up there with the best in Europe :ph34r:

sorry but i cant be arsed readin through all the quotes....

has this 3rd offer happend yet? not on SSN or BBC website. hope not!!

Its not an offer - They are improving personal terms in a bid to persuade him to join. The £8m + add ons is still the offer to Rangers.

The story is that Rangers and Spurs are trying to do a deal to get him to move. Some rumours suggest that it means he'll join them in the summer.

No official source has confirmed this and no quotes have been supplied.

It appears to have came for the London Evening Standard, who claim we're paying him £1m to cover the remaining 4 1/2 years of his contract, putting him on 4k rather than the quoted 11k.

I'm not convinced.

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

and

Scottish fans' forum

Have your say

So you wouldnt say that "Exceptional" is on a par with World Class? In fact, I think it is higher than World Class

There are hundreds - nee, a few thousand players in world football who are world class - but to be "exceltional" puts you on a different plain from the crowd

I for one recognize that we have a true world star at our club and am honored to be able to watch him play week after week

there was a time that if you performad at club level AND performed at international level then you were considered world class

hutton has and is doing both,so he should rightly be considered world class.

wouldnt worry bauba,its the usual pish that comes out when a player is/maybe leaving "och he wisny that good anyhoo" yet they sing their praises when theres no transfer talk.

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

and

Scottish fans' forum

Have your say

So you wouldnt say that "Exceptional" is on a par with World Class? In fact, I think it is higher than World Class

There are hundreds - nee, a few thousand players in world football who are world class - but to be "exceltional" puts you on a different plain from the crowd

I for one recognize that we have a true world star at our club and am honored to be able to watch him play week after week

He said he was exceptional in 1 game. A game that Alex Ferguson was very passionate about as he is a Scotsman. Being exceptional for 1 game and getting a bit of praise does not automatically mean that you are a WORLD CLASS player.

For God's sake guys give this "world class" stuff a break - this thread was about Spurs coming back in for Hutton. If you want to discuss further Hutton's credentials I suggest you start another thread.

He's clearly not.

jeesh!

and

Scottish fans' forum

Have your say

In 1 word No!!!

He's no WORLDCLASS... Sir Alex has said plently time about his players Being worldclass Ronaldo,Rooney and Tevez recently have been quoted of him as WORLDCLASS

As i've said before but u keep dodging the question..... if he's WORLDCLASS why is he only being targeted by Tottenham and Everton and not Barcelona,Real Madrid,Ac Milan etc?

Maybe because he Aint WORLDCLASS :rolleyes: