Hutton still doing that U-turn

OlegKuznetsov

£8m Hutton's U-turn over Spurs move

Last updated at 13:54pm on 23rd January 2008

Tottenham are confident they will finally secure the £8million signing of Alan Hutton in the next 48 hours after Rangers agreed to give him a pay-off of around £1m.

Hutton twice turned down Spurs earlier this month but has now had a change of heart to give the club another boost the day after they secured their place in the Carling Cup Final.

According to the London Evening Standard Rangers are desperate for the money in order to strengthen their squad and are believed to have encouraged the 22-year-old defender to make the move.

It is understood the Scottish club will pay off the rest of his five-year contract - signed only last summer - which will earn him around £1m.

The deal looks certain to force Pascal Chimbonda to leave White Hart Lane and Newcastle are set to make a bid.

Spurs are also close to signing Brazilian international Gilberto from Hertha Berlin for £1.2m.

So this article claims there is a U-turn according to another paper, quoting Hutton as getting the remainder of his contract, totaling £1m, which puts him on about £4k a week.

It'd be nice if they did their research.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to the Murray mint.

The more i hear the more i think The Fish was right.

Are we a football club ,sent out to win for the fans or are we here to make money for our chairman and who cares if we win the league.

I heard Bolton are willing to pay £2m for Hemdani

Well Hutton has done all he can do..he turned down Spurs twice, but what option does he have when the club he loves is trying to drive him out the door?

As said above...this money (should it happen) better be invested wisely or there will be a VERY angry Rangers support.

What a load of p*sh. Pay off our best player and only make £7million on him.

Hutton has rejected Spurs twice. Can SDM not f*ckn leave it at that.

Don't believe the article anyway.

I was thinking that after seeing Spurs tear Arsenal apart last night Hutton might change his mind this Ramos fella seems to be doing a good job down there

As Walter admits "we're not desparate for players right now" we have a squad of 26 and 27.

A good run and some good performances in the Uefa cup and his stock and value could rise to 10 to 12 million with Man Utd and teams of that ilk watching him closely.. To pay him off would be ludicrous in my opinion, especially when he's shown such loyality.

I was thinking that after seeing Spurs tear Arsenal apart last night Hutton might change his mind this Ramos fella seems to be doing a good job down there

As Walter admits "we're not depserate for players right now"

A good run and some good performances in the Eufa cup and his stock and value could rise to 10 to 12 million with Man Utd and teams of that ilk watching him closely.. To pay him off would be ludicrous in my opinion, especially when he's shown such loyality.

yeah and we have certainly missed him for the past two games we had no spark at all

I believe it is all tripe some of these articles, typically being used to unsettle a player and the club.

Strange how only yesterday (or a couple of days ago) WS was saying that there has been no new approach from Spurs for Hutton, there had also been a report recently when he turned down Spurs for a second time that Rangers were going to offer him a years extension on his current contract and a pay rise because of his loyalty to the club.

Those of you that are saying that SDM is only trying to cash in on him, I think that is the biggest load of rubbish going, WS would get the money to re-invest into the team, seeing that he has apparently already made a couple of approaches for a couple of players without the possibility of money for Hutton, which were refused by whichever club he had approached. If that is the case then WS already has money to spend to strengthen the club.

As for Cousin, if he had this buy out clause in his contract, irrespective of when it could be activated, the club don't legally have any choice but to let him speak/join another club if that figure is met. Cuellar apparently had one in his contract for about £5 million pounds, but Rangers managed to get them to accept just over £2 million for him because he was reaching the final year of his contract.

I'm not sure Hutton will leave,not with his burd giving birth or just about to.

He said he wants to win things and if he stays he will with us....we all know he will leave eventually but if Murray is forcing him out the door then i'll kick his sticks away from him.

I hope it is just a mistake, but I notice in one of the papers that he is not in the squad for tonight, which I thought was strange with him missing the last two games. :unsure:<cr>

If this has been quoted from the BBC then I would take it with a pinch of salt, don't think they've ever got the squad right.

WS interview on Rangers website indicates that Hutton and McCulloch will be involved to give them match practice for missing so much recently.

As i've said since the start of this hutton fiasco... IF Walter gets all of Hutton cash to improve the squad in a whole we should try and cash in!!!

I agree.

At this point in the season, I don't.

We're beyond the halfway mark, with only 3 1/2 months of the season to go and there's no guarantee that any, even world class, signings would hit the ground running and approach anywhere near the form that Hutton has been on.

In summer, when you've got times to bed things in, it's different.

As i've said since the start of this hutton fiasco... IF Walter gets all of Hutton cash to improve the squad in a whole we should try and cash in!!!

And be left with Whittaker at RB, no thanks. Will be interesting to see if Watty get's the whole Cousin money?

QUOTE(Bear @ Jan 23 2008, 03:23 PM)

I think he'll go with about 30 mins left of the window.

SDM would absolutely love that!