Tonight I am Ashamed to be a Rangers Man

Guest Andypendek

Guest Andypendek

one of our promising players, it would appear, is about to sign for spurs. they have offered a deal worth around 7-8m, and the player stands to become a fantastically wealthy young man.

those are the things we can say with some certainty.

here are some things we can put down as rumour, gossip and innuendo:

he doesn't want to leave as he wants a medal before he goes

his gf wants to stay in scotland as she is pregnant

he is being forced out the door at ibrox

villanous, moustachioed and evil, david murray doesn't care about the fans

rangers are only interested in money, not cups

oh, and here's one other thing we can say with 100% conviction:

the fans calling the radio shows and the papers have done more to damage rangers this season than all the decisions taken by insane, top hatted victorian stage baddie david murray.

here's the reality. we have got a fantastic, quite frankly amazing price for a player who has had a good 12 months. not even 12 months! not only that, a player whose position can be filled by players of equal ability for a lot less cash. it just so happens that we may well have one already in steven whittaker, however it seems already that some have made up their minds that he's crap...just like hutton was, as well. at any rate, we won't have to play anyone out of position at RB, like a certain team also based in glasgow...who have decided that despite having a dodgy keeper, a makeshift, over physical, lumbering defence, plus a midfield that has been posted missing for the last 2 months, they need extra cover up front and have signed samaras. he may well turn out a good signing, he did well in holland, another dark, rainy country, but not one on which people kick your ankles. time will tell on that one. my point here is that as usual strachan has failed to assess where his side is weak, and gone for someone to finish chances his team aren't creating.

throwing away the league by selling hutton? catch a grip of yourselves!

if AH comes out and says psychotic, cape wearing neer do well david murray tied him to the railway lines and drove a locomotive at him, threatening to run him over unless he signed for spurs while at the same time leering in a menacing fashion at his expectant girlfriend, all the while doing a laugh like the hooded claw, then i'll agree that he was harshly treated and that murray, last seen running off with a large sack marked 'swag' over his shoulder, is guilty as charged, and is attempting to run rangers into the ground. plainly, in his unhinged mind, this is the best way to make the club attractive to a new buyer. until that day comes, though, i shall continue to see this as excellent business for rangers and that those who have chosen to play into the hands of the media are the ones hurting the club.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one of our promising players, it would appear, is about to sign for spurs. they have offered a deal worth around 7-8m, and the player stands to become a fantastically wealthy young man.

those are the things we can say with some certainty.

here are some things we can put down as rumour, gossip and innuendo:

he doesn't want to leave as he wants a medal before he goes

his gf wants to stay in scotland as she is pregnant

he is being forced out the door at ibrox

villanous, moustachioed and evil, david murray doesn't care about the fans

rangers are only interested in money, not cups

oh, and here's one other thing we can say with 100% conviction:

the fans calling the radio shows and the papers have done more to damage rangers this season than all the decisions taken by insane, top hatted victorian stage baddie david murray.

here's the reality. we have got a fantastic, quite frankly amazing price for a player who has had a good 12 months. not even 12 months! not only that, a player whose position can be filled by players of equal ability for a lot less cash. it just so happens that we may well have one already in steven whittaker, however it seems already that some have made up their minds that he's crap...just like hutton was, as well. at any rate, we won't have to play anyone out of position at RB, like a certain team also based in glasgow...who have decided that despite having a dodgy keeper, a makeshift, over physical, lumbering defence, plus a midfield that has been posted missing for the last 2 months, they need extra cover up front and have signed samaras. he may well turn out a good signing, he did well in holland, another dark, rainy country, but not one on which people kick your ankles. time will tell on that one. my point here is that as usual strachan has failed to assess where his side is weak, and gone for someone to finish chances his team aren't creating.

throwing away the league by selling hutton? catch a grip of yourselves!

if AH comes out and says psychotic, cape wearing neer do well david murray tied him to the railway lines and drove a locomotive at him, threatening to run him over unless he signed for spurs while at the same time leering in a menacing fashion at his expectant girlfriend, all the while doing a laugh like the hooded claw, then i'll agree that he was harshly treated and that murray, last seen running off with a large sack marked 'swag' over his shoulder, is guilty as charged, and is attempting to run rangers into the ground. plainly, in his unhinged mind, this is the best way to make the club attractive to a new buyer. until that day comes, though, i shall continue to see this as excellent business for rangers and that those who have chosen to play into the hands of the media are the ones hurting the club.

dnt agree with everyhing u say bout DM, bt ur way of wordin things is gd :lol:

Great post as per usual mate. I'd be disappointed if no clubs were bidding good money for our players. Take it as a compliment to Rangers and Scottish football that our players are back in vogue. Scottish football and Rangers are far from the wounded beasts we were a few years ago.

Andy, if you can't understand the emotional loss, and possible impact this might cause Rangers title hopes then that's up to your good self

It must be easy to sit back, not get involved with debates then post a thoroughly well worded post trying to dismiss fellow Rangers fans

Andy, if you can't understand the emotional loss, and possible impact this might cause Rangers title hopes then that's up to your good self

It must be easy to sit back, not get involved with debates then post a thoroughly well worded post trying to dismiss fellow Rangers fans

If losing one player causes us to lose the league then we weren't much of a team to begin with, were we??

As for dismissing fellow Rangers fans, it's not as if others dismiss opinion that may agree with SDM than not.

We will still win the title. One player does not make a team. One other thing, a guy I spoke to at uni was saying Huttons due a leg break due to all the heavy challenges he's getting. Look at the one on Saturday for example. We have made a lot of money out of this and its more in the kitty for the summer, when stage 2 of Walters rebuilding mission takes place. We are a work in progress and that has to be funded somehow. If that means selling players who play in positions we have cover in then fine, as long as we get a good price for them.

If losing one player causes us to lose the league then we weren't much of a team to begin with, were we??

As for dismissing fellow Rangers fans, it's not as if others dismiss opinion that may agree with SDM than not.

How can it not?

We have weakened our side while they have strengthened and you and Andy want us to remain level headed about this

Sorry, but when it comes to Rangers I post with my heart

Though I agree with your last statement, I do it all the time, so shouldn't criticize

Think back to December 2005. Does that date ring a bell?

He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone else. He doesn't dismiss anyone far as I can see?

He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone else. He doesn't dismiss anyone far as I can see?

Did I deny him an opinion

You talking about the Boumsong transfer saga?

If we spend every penny on Huttons transfer I'll be delighted but I doubt it

one thing you should never be is to be ashamed of being a rangers man, and if thats how you feel then perhaps you shold just pack it in, never be ashamed no matter what happens even if we all dont agree with certain things that happen at the club. just hold your head up high and remember that we are chosen to follow our great club, and through good times and bad times we still love our special club and we are the people and always will be.

Good post but for me one major flaw is the following:

not only that, a player whose position can be filled by players of equal ability for a lot less cash.

What Hutton offered us with his athleticism and lung busting runs going forward, taking pressure off our defense and turning defense into attack won't be replaced with anything we currently have and anything we are likely to purchase in this or any other transfer window in the near future.

Maybe I rate him higher than you do. Just my opinion.

one thing you should never be is to be ashamed of being a rangers man, and if thats how you feel then perhaps you shold just pack it in, never be ashamed no matter what happens even if we all dont agree with certain things that happen at the club. just hold your head up high and remember that we are chosen to follow our great club, and through good times and bad times we still love our special club and we are the people and always will be.

(tu) Im never ashamed of being a bear, however, decisions we make, like the Hutton one, do deeply frustrate me.

Did I deny him an opinion

You kinda did. You seemed to say that because he hasn't got involved in the debates then his post (dismissing Rangers fans) is basically a bit out of order.

You talking about the Boumsong transfer saga?

If we spend every penny on Huttons transfer I'll be delighted but I doubt it

Nope, December 2004 sorry, my mistake.

A lot of Rangers fans burned scarves and were ashamed of being bluenoses when Mojo signed.

Seemed to set a trend.

Its like a marriage. For better or worse, in sickness and in health (tu) ...... we will follow on :)