Welcome to Ibrox - Steven Davis

tgblue

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC, Real Radio and Clyde have all confirmed that the signing will go through, no one as yet can confirm the type of deal and the details!

but this is a top signing, well chuffed.

Official site:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1230473,00.html

Davis Signs Loan Deal

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS have bolstered their squad by signing talented Nothern Irishman Steve Davis from Fulham on loan until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old will arrive at Murray Park tomorrow after a deal was concluded ahead of the closure of the transfer window tonight at midnight.

Davis joined Fulham from Aston Villa last summer on a four-year deal. He was a member of the F.A. Youth Cup winning Aston Villa team of 2001/2 before making his full debut for Villa on the 18th September 2004.

The midfielder went on to collect a hatrick of club awards the following season: Player Of The Season, Fans Player Of The Season and Young Player Of The Season. The 22 year old only missed one game for Villa during the 05/06 campaign.

Internationally, Davis made his full debut for Northern Ireland on February 9, 2005 and was instrumental in Northern Ireland's famous 1-0 victory over England, in a qualification match for World Cup 2006. He was also part of the side who beat Spain 3-2 at Windsor Park in September 2006.

On 21 May 2006, Lawrie Sanchez awarded him the honour of becoming Northern Ireland's youngest modern day Captain, against Uruguay, in the United States Of America.

The departure of Sanchez has impacted on Davis as he has found life difficult since Roy Hodgson took over.

SSN, jim white talking about it too, is he really any good, was speaking to a fulham fan and he said hes a good attack minded midfielder but dont expect him to put a tackle in.

Yes, he is quality (tu)

He was their POTY at like 21 years old and was being linked with Man Utd as Keanes long term replacment.

He was pretty much forced out of Aston Villa by MON (& we all know the real reason behind that) and has faded at Fulham.

He's excatly the type of midfielder we need and we should have gone after him insted of Brown in the first place.

Personally I hope this deal has an option of becoming permament in the summer.

LIFELONG Rangers fan Steve Davis has finally realised a dream by earning a move to his boyhood heroes.

The 23-year-old Fulham midfielder has signed up on loan until the end of the season and is finally getting the chance to play for the club he loves, 11 years after being rejected as a kid.

Davis came over from Northern Ireland for trials when he was 12 and was involved in the same set-up as Stevie Smith but things didn't work out and he ended up making the grade at Aston Villa.

Now Davis is getting his chance to pull on the blue shirt and he can't wait.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It really is a dream come true for me. I have been a fan all of my life so to get the chance to come to Rangers is fantastic.

"I grew up as a fan and I have remained that way so when I heard that Rangers were interested in taking me it was a no-brainer really.

"Since the manager has been changed at Fulham things have not worked out for me so I welcome this chance to come to Glasgow.

"I'm finally getting my chance after missing out when I was a kid. I came over for trials when I was 12 and I played in the same team as Stevie Smith.

"I'm glad he's doing well again and I look forward to meeting up with him when I get there tomorrow."

Davis could be highly useful to boss Walter Smith with Kevin Thomson out for a period following a hernia operation and he aims to take his chance.

He said: "Rangers are in a great position right now as they are challenging on all fronts and it will be fantastic to be part of that.

"I hope to win trophies with Rangers in my time with the club. That would be fantastic. I obviously know who the players are and to play in the same team as Barry Ferguson would be great."