Uefa cup or League

craigyrfc11

League for me. Strachan does not deserve to leave celtic with three in a row under his belt.

We need to show the nation that we are back for good. It could also affect our transfers as celtic go for all our targets. Would you rather choose the winners or the runners up?

weve won the league 51 times so i will put my head in the noose and say the uefa cup as weve never won it and before i hear the we need to stop them getting 3 in a row i know all that but i feel the uefa cup win would be more beneficial in the long run using sevilla as an example

While it would be a fantastic achievment to win the cup, the league HAS to come home this summer. This feeling of sickness at being second best can only last for so long. Even if we did win it, they would still go on about having won 'the big one' even if under much less glamorous proceedings. It would almost be a hollow victory. Now winning both though... ;)

Let's be completely realistic and clear headed about this. We've just brought in Christian Dailly and are talking about Muppet Misser Kenny Miller fer f*k sake. We have not got enough depth or super class to deserve European success with our current squad. We can take the league and make steps to buy a real playmaker, striker, keeper to equal what we once had. Maybe we ought to have two managers, Walter can run the domestic games and we hire some Frog to organise the European nights.

Let's be completely realistic and clear headed about this. We've just brought in Christian Dailly and are talking about Muppet Misser Kenny Miller fer f*k sake. We have not got enough depth or super class to deserve European success with our current squad. We can take the league and make steps to buy a real playmaker, striker, keeper to equal what we once had. Maybe we ought to have two managers, Walter can run the domestic games and we hire some Frog to organise the European nights.

Not a bad idea but it would never happen. :lol:

would u rather win uefa cup this year or another league title i would like to win both in ideal world but i think league more important just now your thoughts

Absolutely no contest. Winning the UEFA Cup would be far more important than winning another title...anyone who disagrees need only look to 1972 for proof of that.

A European trophy win would mean far more to the club financially and would be a great reputation boost and would be remembered decades after this years league campaign is long forgotten. Just like nobody remembers, or cares, that we finished fith in '72 and lost to Celtic four times. Every player would be guaranteed legendary status...again, unlike another league winning side.

We will win many more leagues but may never win another European cup...those who think another Scottish win would be better are not thinking it through IMO.

win the UEFA cup.

win the 2 scottish cups.

win the last three OF games jammilly - a bahookie shot from cuellar, weir or gow in the last minute of every game - to really piss them off

then they're welcome to the league.

we've still got 51 the cants!

i've often wondered why so many fans on here are so desperate to win the league over euro comps. i put it down to age - i grew up with smith, SMD and souness spoiling me and take league success for granted - only the last few years ave i felt the divine right has slipped a little.

but even then, we've got 51 of the fuckres - those tramps have a measly 8............... (or something.... it might be more like 42, but even then that's shit compared to us)

remember how mucht the scags celebrated reaching the UEfA final and the twats didnt even win the fucking thing!

HONESTLY!!!

if we go to the UEFA final, can you imagine us NOT winning it!!!?????

Neither can I!!!!! - we're born fu***ng winners and win it is what we would do and then rub it right fecking intae them!!!!

And we can do it this year!

but we need cousin to stay........

:lol:

I'm thinking it through and it's still the league for me.

So you think it would have been better to have won the league in 1972? I think history proves what is more important to the club.

It's not 1972.

The rewards for winning the UEFA Cup are cash (not great amounts) and not even an automatic group stage entry to the Champions League.

The UEFA Cup is nowhere as valued now as it was in 1974, so the comparison is redundant IMO.

Besides, could you really bear Strachan winning three in a row? He was never worthy of one SPL title.

I don't want to listen to pretentious Tic-talk in years about Strachan being one of the best managers in OF history. Because that's what they'll say if we don't stop them.

So you think it would have been better to have won the league in 1972? I think history proves what is more important to the club.

No and where did I say that. Big difference between then and now. F*ck the UEFA Cup as far as I'm concerned, league is a must this season.

league is the priority, we can get hammered 5-0 in the uefa cup match for all i careas long as we win the title and wipe that smug grin off that wee ginger twats face.would be nice if we could win the treble AND do well in the uefa cup, that would really piss the tims off.

It's not 1972.

The rewards for winning the UEFA Cup are cash (not great amounts) and not even an automatic group stage entry to the Champions League.

The UEFA Cup is nowhere as valued now as it was in 1974, so the comparison is redundant IMO.

The comparison is perfectly valid. Actually the UEFA Cup today is as valued as the CCW in 1972 and would certainly be as great a boost too the club. A win in the UEFA would mean far more to Rangers F.C. than the league title.

As for the financial rewards...a run of that magnitude would be very significant for us with and then there are the potential the rewards the five year boost in our co-efficient rating can give. True that it doesn't give automatic entry to the Champions League, and if we didn't get at shot at that by finishing second it might be a different matter, but I don't think there is any comparison between the long term rewards and kudos of a European win and the parochial bragging rights of another Scottish league (which I have no doubt we'll have many more times).

the league definatly has to have priority this season to stop them from 3 in a row,but that doesnt mean we shouldnt try for the uefa,league and scottish cups,its all money and prestige in the bank for us in the long run,and could you imagine if we got all 4 :) wow creaming myself here :P