***The Official Panathinaikos v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see even tho it wont happen....

--------------------McGregor----------------

Broadfoot----Cuellar-----Weir-------Papac

=======Ferguson---Hemdani-----------

Burke-----------Buffel-------------Novo/Naismith

----------------------Boyd--------------------

burke novo and mculloch should be interchanging in this line up, cant see it happening, even tho novo was our biggest threat when we played em at home

Edited for the fun of it! (and rather than typing my own team up)

But I would love to see that. Then again, Adam might do a stuttgart and score! haha, I think, in all honesty, that Boyd will be good tonight, prob moreso with Adam starting over Lee... just a feeling.

Another question, assuming Boyd scores and or has an assist or 2 which results in us going through/winning... for those who appear to detest him, will that be something of an annoyance or will there begin to be a bit more credit given to him? He contributed a lot more in the last game, only for JCD to miss a few, shame they werent the other way round ;)

I can predict exactly what will be said by certain members of the forum this time tomorrow....

a) If Boyd gets on the scoresheet and has a decent game and we go through, we will get the usual comments of "its only one game he cant do it consistantly", "it was a poor Panathaniakos side, if it was Lyon or Barca he would have struggled" etc etc

b) If Boyd is isolated (if he is played as a lone striker) and has a poor game and we go out, he will get slated more than any player in the team. We will see comments such "He aint good enough for Europe", "He is lazy and fat", "Cosuin should have played ahead of him" and "he can only score against weaker SPL teams"...

IMO Boyd is in a lose, lose situation tonight as many of the "boo boys" in the forum have made up their minds about him regardless of tonights game. For Boyd to be given a fair chance (or any player for that matter) he has to be given a run of games in the competition (not just one) before we can answer the main question, which is ...

"Is Boyd good enough for Europe" ?

Just like I predicted yesterday Boyd has now become the scapegoat !!

:rangers::rangers::rangers: we are the people so we are better that the hoops who lose to the team who we meet in cl this year

____________________McGregor_______________

Broadfoot________Cuellar____Weir________Papac

____________________Hemdani________________

______________Ferguson____Davis_____________

Burke________________Darchy____________Naisy