Hutton leaves Killie game so as not to sit with fans

Boab

Alan Hutton Left Rangers Game Over Abuse Fear

Feb 20 2008

FORMER Rangers star Alan Hutton stormed out of the Ibrox side's away match against Kilmarnock on Sunday.

The Scotland defender left because he feared abuse from fans angry about his £9million move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Hutton and his dad, also called Alan, had been refused entry to VIP section of Rugby Park because they were wearing casual clothes.

Instead, they were offered seats in a section reserved for Rangers players' families and some fans.

A Hutton family friend said: "Ally McCoist had arranged for Alan and his dad to get tickets for the director's box but he was turned away for wearing jeans.

"When he saw that he would have to sit with Rangers fans, he definitely wasn't happy.

"He didn't want to sit there and potentially have to listen to dog's abuse for the whole game, especially as he was with his dad.

"He decided that enough was enough and made a sharp exit."

No-one from Kilmarnock FC was available for comment.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20325281/

Guest Andypendek

that is just about the most feeble attempt at a story i've heard. excuse the shouting

SOMEONE FROM RANGERS WEBSITE MUST CONTACT HUTTON AND ASK ABOUT THIS...WHEN IT IS SHOWN TO BE BOZ RUN THE STORY!!!!!!!!!

Alan Hutton Left Rangers Game Over Abuse Fear

Feb 20 2008

FORMER Rangers star Alan Hutton stormed out of the Ibrox side's away match against Kilmarnock on Sunday.

The Scotland defender left because he feared abuse from fans angry about his £9million move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Hutton and his dad, also called Alan, had been refused entry to VIP section of Rugby Park because they were wearing casual clothes.

Instead, they were offered seats in a section reserved for Rangers players' families and some fans.

A Hutton family friend said: "Ally McCoist had arranged for Alan and his dad to get tickets for the director's box but he was turned away for wearing jeans.

"When he saw that he would have to sit with Rangers fans, he definitely wasn't happy.

"He didn't want to sit there and potentially have to listen to dog's abuse for the whole game, especially as he was with his dad.

"He decided that enough was enough and made a sharp exit."

No-one from Kilmarnock FC was available for comment.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20325281/

About as authentic as ".... overheard on the top deck of a bus ..." regullar and famous source in The Sunday Post during the '70s, as I recall. Don't read the Daily Rhag

Wouldn't surprise me peronally...might be worried about what some fans say. I personally wouldn't shake his hand, and to be honest, if I had some drink in me and we were playing shite, I would have probably given him some abuse - just makes him look pretty bad IF true.

Guest The Brown Brogue
Wouldn't surprise me peronally...might be worried about what some fans say. I personally wouldn't shake his hand, and to be honest, if I had some drink in me and we were playing shite, I would have probably given him some abuse - just makes him look pretty bad IF true.

No that statement makes YOU look pretty bad.

No that statement makes YOU look pretty bad.

You are spot on there TBB.

Why give him abuse? He was forced out the door basically by SDM and Bain - he was a great player and if he wanted to come back one day I would welcome him. Shows that he cares about the club if he is coming up from London to watch us.

Why give him abuse? He was forced out the door basically by SDM and Bain - he was a great player and if he wanted to come back one day I would welcome him. Shows that he cares about the club if he is coming up from London to watch us.

Well said.