Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Shaun Maloney (Aston Villa)

Kenny Miller (Derby County)

Garry O’Connor (Birmingham City)

no davie weir in the squad. s fletcher and berra are new additions. 10 old firm players included, i guess burley wasnt asked to drop them from the squad with the upcoming old firm game in mind.

Pish, get Lee, Jay, Teale, Kenny, Pearson and Alexander all tae f*ck.

There must be better players around than that. Thomson, Naismith, Mark Wilson, Neilson, Nish.

I thought he was trying to build a squad for the future, there isn't much difference in that list. I heard Weir wasn't going to be picked for a couple of reasons, he is probably getting close to retirement and Burley wants to see what Berra can do with regards to the future.

To be honest I'm glad there wasn't more Rangers players picked.

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

David Marshall (Norwich City)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley)

Russell Anderson (Sunderland)

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Christian Dailly (Rangers)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)

James McEveley (Derby County)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Barry Ferguson (Rangers)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Celtic)

Lee McCulloch (Rangers)

Stephen Pearson (Derby County)

Barry Robson (Celtic)

Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Shaun Maloney (Aston Villa)

Kenny Miller (Derby County)

Garry O’Connor (Birmingham City)

All the bold ones need to be punted

We have better players than that floating about

There must be better players around than that. Thomson, Naismith, Mark Wilson, Neilson, Nish.

Robbie Neilson and Colin Nish you must be having a laugh mate!!

As for the squad, Teale, Pearson, Alexander, Maloney, McEveley, O'Connor and Naysmith are utter pish and rest of the squad are quality or at least decent. Still think Thomson should be in there and maybe James Morrison of West Brom (although I'm sure I heard he's injured but no sure)

I agree to an extent, but why Naysmith? He's been a great servant to Scotland, is still only 29 and is playing regular football. Plus you indicated chucking all the possible lb's in the squad. Who else do we have floating about that is better and fit? Only ones i can think of that are even an option are Lee Walace, Ian Murray and Kevin McNaughton.

Boab, ask any Hearts fan, Robbie Neilson is a fucking bombscare of epic proportions.

Shit squad with a lot of dead wood, but it's his first squad and there's no point calling up alot of kids at one time.

I agree to an extent, but why Naysmith? He's been a great servant to Scotland, is still only 29 and is playing regular football. Plus you indicated chucking all the possible lb's in the squad. Who else do we have floating about that is better and fit? Only ones i can think of that are even an option are Lee Walace, Ian Murray and Kevin McNaughton.

Boab, ask any Hearts fan, Robbie Neilson is a fucking bombscare of epic proportions.

Shit squad with a lot of dead wood, but it's his first squad and there's no point calling up alot of kids at one time.

I also agree with the bolden players but would add Kenny Miller and Mculloch too.

Neilson, I see what your saying but was only trying to think of others which is difficult tbh.

Also see your point about it being too soon for wholesale changes, I'm just hoping and arguably expecting Burley to give us a better style and standard of football than the luck that we carried at times and bad decisions during the last campaign.

Robbie Neilson and Colin Nish you must be having a laugh mate!!

As for the squad, Teale, Pearson, Alexander, Maloney, McEveley, O'Connor and Naysmith are utter pish and rest of the squad are quality or at least decent. Still think Thomson should be in there and maybe James Morrison of West Brom (although I'm sure I heard he's injured but no sure)

I disagree about Maloney and Naysmith mate and wouldn't have McCulloch in there either. We need all the skilful players we can get without getting shot of Maloney and Naysmith is still pretty good IMO.

I wouldn't have James Morrison either, anybody who doesn't know where Scotland is can get tae f*ck as far as I'm concerned. (The friendly he was picked for he admitted he didn't know how to get to or heard of where the stadium was.) He's just jumping on the bandwagon IMO!

I cant believe teale can get in ahead of burke, i know he was wank the other day but still performing at a better level than f**king gary teale!!! Too many strikers in the squad i think, a couple more midfielders would hav been good

James Morrison, why he annoyed me:

West Brom midfielder James Morrison has joined up with the Scotland squad for the first time but says he knows little about Wednesday's Aberdeen venue.

The 21-year-old is poised to play in the friendly against South Africa at Pittodrie after the Scottish FA finally received international clearance.

"I know nothing about Aberdeen apart from the fact it's far away," he told the Daily Record.

"But I'm very happy this has all been sorted now."

Interview: Scotland defender Russell Anderson

Interview: Scotland striker James McFadden

Darlington-born Morrison qualifies for Scotland through his grandparents but had previously played for England at youth international level.

Under Fifa regulations, a player can switch to a different nationality before his 21st birthday and Morrison did that in May.

If he'd that Scottish he should know more about 'his' country but Burley said he'd only call up lads who really wanted to play for Scotland and not opportunists so we'll see.

And this:

Middlesbrough midfielder James Morrison has pledged his international future to Scotland, as he feels his opportunities with England will be limited.

The 21-year-old Boro rising star has grandparents from north of the border and has been given hope of a call-up in the near future by Scotland coach Alex McLeish.

"After having a chat with Alex McLeish I have chosen to play for Scotland," Morrison confirmed.

"I was born in England and I believe I could do a job for them, but it was a question of how long I wanted to wait.

"But I've got the chance to help Scotland now and I'm really looking forward to pulling on the shirt."

http://www.football.co.uk/middlesbrough/mo...nd_250369.shtml

I don't see anything wrong with that. I know f*ck all about Aberdeen apart from the place is a sh*t hole, the birds are stinking and the football club along with supporters are scum, they shag sheep, drive tractors and speak in a stupid accent.

Middlesbrough midfielder James Morrison has pledged his international future to Scotland, as he feels his opportunities with England will be limited

he can gtf

You know mate, we can all be close to our grannies and relatives - Dominic Matteo was proud of his Scottish roots for example as his Dad was Scottish/Italian and Dom had lived his first 4 years in Scotland - but this guy has obviously just came across that his gran-parents were Scottish.

The bottom line for me is that there will be Scottish youngsters or prospects who will dream of playing for Scotland but then they see someone across like this who is more or less taking their place potentially - I just don't think its right.