Those long ball tactics were terrible today!

Boab

Especially in the first half.

We were pumping in balls into the box and getting no where as there's a basketball type defender in Rob Jones in there, 6'7, and we weren't winning any outright ourselves never-mind Jones.

I can understand having a diamond midfield and getting the full-backs forward but surely going along the ground would have been more sensible?

If the long ball's working then thats alright but it wasn't getting us anywhere IMO

Guest The Brown Brogue

As soon as I see Lee McCullochs name on the teamsheet I resign myself to 90 minutes of aimless high balls in his general direction.

I really dont understand it though, as he maybe wins 2 headers out of 20, and more often than not gives away a foul in the initial aerial challenge, and if not dives into a tackle on the loose ball and gives away a foul anyway.

Horses for courses

When the team is running on fumes against a well set up opponent you do what needs to be done

Would you like to go back to the PLG days of PASS PASS PASS OOPS BEAT BEAT BEAT

No?

They were but we still won the game FFS :angry2: its starting to annoy me yes we arent playing well and its not great to watch but FFS we are still getting results and we are 6 points clear with a game in hand!! What more do we want? play nice attractive football and not win or play ugly football and win? i know what i would take

They were but we still won the game FFS :angry2: its starting to annoy me yes we arent playing well and its not great to watch but FFS we are still getting results and we are 6 points clear with a game in hand!! What more do we want? play nice attractive football and not win or play ugly football and win? i know what i would take

(tu) agree....at least we got the 3 points