Scottish backbone

The Lad

I do agree that there is very little Scottish players that will take us to another level.

But even then, the purchases of certain Scottish players like Thomson have taken us to a good standard, which most of us wouldn't have expected.

Trust in Walter!

Stop Fletcher using his left foot and you stop him playing

Exactly and he only uses his right for for standing on. We saw how much growing up he has to do after he lashed out at Thomson.

This is another over-rated, over-hyped Hibs player. So far one has lived up to his status, Kevin Thomson!!

but a dado prso/nacho novo/carlos cueallar/jean claude darcheville do, they have the right character aswell as ability to play for rangers

I believe these players have grasped what is to be a rangers player because we've had barry and Eck to tell them what it's all about. I also think they are able to appreciate what the fans feel for the club, which other players are unable to do. Some real quality helps tho'.

aluko at aberdeen on loan from birmingham looks a decent wee player and theres that guy at killie whos playing well but i dont know if the two would be good enough to play for rangers, hearts have berra and kingston (who is on 15k a week already) but i dont know what our chances of getting them are, kingston certainly is a decent player.

aluko at aberdeen on loan from birmingham looks a decent wee player

I'd rather have Eniola Aluko, his sister who plays for Chelsea and England!

Is Eni Aluko his sister?

She's a great player, for a burd.

Is Eni Aluko his sister?

Sure is, she is f*kn rapid. Think she's only a year older than him.

Is Eni Aluko his sister?

Sure is, she is f*kn rapid. Think she's only a year older than him.

I live up the road from a Scottish womans ex international

Rhonda Jones, played in the WMLS in America.

Google her. If I remember correctly, she'd get it!

I'm dead glad we have a scottish backbone, ala McGregor, Weir, Dailly, Fergie, Thommo. thats a cracking engine room also.

only scot id go for now would be McFadden but would only stretch to paying no more than 2.5 which Birmingham would laugh off even if they did go down

I think we should never not have the scottish backbone. Have the best of what Scotland has to offer and bolstered that with the flair and whatever else you cant find from the scots in foreigners. Again look at the nine in a row, great players as the back bone Da Keeper, Gough, McCall, Durie, Ally. Right down the middle.

If we were going to be ultra Scottish obsessive, I would go for:

LB - Naysmith

CH - Anderson ( although a lot of traditionalists wouldn't a former sheep in their team)

RB - Hutton

MF - Morrison

MF - Fletcher

All from English clubs.

From Scottish clubs:

Kevin McCann

Lewis Stevenson

Steven Fletcher

Christophe Berra

Danny Swanson

Have potential to be good enough to play for Rangers.

Sorry, in my opinion, only Hutton, out of your list is good enough, nothing to do with their clubs or allegiances just quality and ability and the only other with any sort of top ability is Darren Fletcher and we do not need him.

If we were going to be ultra Scottish obsessive, I would go for:

LB - Naysmith

CH - Anderson ( although a lot of traditionalists wouldn't a former sheep in their team)

RB - Hutton

MF - Morrison

MF - Fletcher

All from English clubs.

From Scottish clubs:

Kevin McCann

Lewis Stevenson

Steven Fletcher

Christophe Berra

Danny Swanson

Have potential to be good enough to play for Rangers.

Sorry, in my opinion, only Hutton, out of your list is good enough, nothing to do with their clubs or allegiances just quality and ability and the only other with any sort of top ability is Darren Fletcher and we do not need him.

I think you're being harsh on Berra.

I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Davie Weir.

I think we can do much better than Berra. He looks good then he has a run of games where he looks like Gary Caldwell.

James Morrison is a good player.

It's all ifs and buts, isn't it?

Hutton was recieving hoardes of abuse this time 18 months ago, and I think for all young Scottish players wanting to move up to the 'World Class' level, or close to it, Hutton is a brilliant example of what hard work and sacrifice can do.

Berra could be the same if he knuckles down for that year and a half, but who knows!

How much would Berra cost, considering he signed a new contract, in the Scotland squad and captain of Hearts?

After Hearts seeing players like Whittaker, Murphy, Brown and the valuation of Fletcher, they'd probably be looking along the lines of £3million +

How much would Berra cost, considering he signed a new contract, in the Scotland squad and captain of Hearts?

After Hearts seeing players like Whittaker, Murphy, Brown and the valuation of Fletcher, they'd probably be looking along the lines of £3million +

Yeah, But Hearts are £27 million in debt.

Berra will get his Scotland debut on Wednesday. Be interesting to see ho he copes with the step up.