Tims scupper league extension.

Budswiser

Celtic have almost certainly scuppered the chance of an extension to the season with a planned tour of Japan. My question is do we really need an extension , do we want favours from them and others or do we just say f*ck them and getv on with it no matter how many games come up.

CELTIC look set to kill off any chance of an extended SPL season by taking Gordon Strachan's team out of the country before the end of the domestic campaign.

Record Sport understands the Parkhead club are trying to fix up a tour of Japan that would see them jetting out of Glasgow immediately after the last scheduled round of SPL fixtures on May 18 and ahead of the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden. And this plan will scupper Rangers' hopes of persuading league bosses to save them from a potentially crippling title run-in.

We revealed last week how the Ibrox club have held crisis talks with SPL secretary Iain Blair in a bid to thrash out an emergency schedule that would kick in if Rangers beat Sporting Lisbon to reach the UEFA Cup semi-finals.

The SPL have tabled a proposal that would force Walter Smith's side to squeeze four of their final five league games into a frantic eight-day period - the week before a possible UEFA Cup Final.

Smith and Rangers' chief executive Martin Bain want to avoid this "nightmare scenario" and have called for the rules to be relaxed and the season extended.

But that will require the consent of all six top-flight clubs who - in order to protect the integrity of the competition - would have to agree to playing their final fixtures simultaneously at a later date.

Celtic's plan to be on the other side of the planet at the time will make that rather awkward.

The Parkhead manager Gordon Strachan and chief executive Peter Lawwell have already put on record their objections to Rangers' request for the season to be extended.

If the money-making plans to take Shunsuke Nakamura and Koki Mizuno back home are finalised quickly then, should Rangers progress in their improbable quest for a quadruple, Celtic will have a concrete and lucrative reason to oppose any rescheduling.

I dont know of a case ever where a team has had to play 4 games within 8 days

I'll bet when Celtic saw this they rushed out to book the flights to Japan

I wonder what would have happened had the boot been on the other foot...hope we sink them big time this weekend

Well they can finish their campaign on time and flit off to Japan. The SPL can give us a week or so to play our last couple of games...simple. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. ;)

F**kin scum, I don't want any favours from them!! They can piss off to Japan after winning F**k all and we will be celebrating all summer! Just showing them up for what they are, shitebags of the highest order!

F**kin scum, I don't want any favours from them!! They can piss off to Japan after winning F**k all and we will be celebrating all summer! Just showing them up for what they are, shitebags of the highest order!

Yup you got it in one shitebags, they have been scared to play football since the start of the year beginning with the now infamous cancelling of the New Year OF game. But this strachan for you everywhere he's been as a manager he walks when the going gets tough. :sherlock:

Yup you got it in one shitebags, they have been scared to play football since the start of the year beginning with the now infamous cancelling of the New Year OF game. But this strachan for you everywhere he's been as a manager he walks when the going gets tough. :sherlock:

I will be gutted when the wee runt leaves the vermin, he is so pish it is funny and I love how they all hate him!! They are so jealous of us and Walter as we have a true fan at the helm and the club is in great hands. They cannot stand someone they used to hate as a player and who hated them as a club is running them. This situation of them turning on him was always on the cards, it is just the type of shit the waltzer spinners do when things turn against them!

all you hear is well he got us into the last 16 again....yeah even though they lost...it was thanks to Benfica losing that they survived into the last 16

won the League twice in a row...well last season we had already lost it before Christmas after PLG drove us into a massive loss of games so they never had any pressure

it was quite clear to everyone that things were going to get fucked up as early as january! could the SPL not have acted then to extend the league instead of siting on their fat arses and hoping for us to get knocked out of various cups?? the SFA then decides to make things even more fucked up by sticking an international friendly in the middle!

none of this will matter when we stuff them come sat. Then they can rush off to the land of the rising sun and pick up another couple of shit 80's sports brands to wash down with that mizuno pish.

none of this will matter when we stuff them come sat. Then they can rush off to the land of the rising sun and pick up another couple of shit 80's sports brands to wash down with that mizuno pish.

:lol:

Welcome to rangers media mate!

:lol:

Welcome to rangers media mate!

Cheers mate! good to be surrounded by people with a similar distaste of the lesser Glasgow side :lol:

At the end of the day tho, it would have been nice to get a little extension to the league but would we really want it. All that will happen then is Celtic would say that our Championship was tainted by the SFA helping us along. Better to do it on their terms and stuff it right up them