Kevin Thomson v Scott Brown

Coopermania

I've always been a backer of Thomson, was delighted when we signed him.

I was (and still am) astonished when people started to decide that this young Scottish lad wasn't good enough after 4-5 games. It's a problem our support has as a whole.

Players, coming from wee clubs like Hibs/Killie etc need time to adjust, if only our support en masse would realise this.

if only our support en masse would realise this........

Then players like Whittaker, Broadfoot and Naismith wouldn't be getting pelters from section of our support.

I'm not that keen on Broadfoot at right back, and Whittaker has that £2mil tag round his neck which isn't doing him any good.

But...Naismith. How any of our fans can give him pelters is fucking astonishing tbh. 1 game out of 3 on his WRONG side in an unnatural position? It's no wonder he's not performed to his max.

He's a great striker and good right sided attacker in a 3, so we play him on the left of a defensive midfield, beggars belief.

As I say at the end of every single one of my Naismith posts - it seems like we are ruining that boy.

Then players like Whittaker, Broadfoot and Naismith wouldn't be getting pelters from section of our support.

I'm not that keen on Broadfoot at right back, and Whittaker has that £2mil tag round his neck which isn't doing him any good.

But...Naismith. How any of our fans can give him pelters is fucking astonishing tbh. 1 game out of 3 on his WRONG side in an unnatural position? It's no wonder he's not performed to his max.

He's a great striker and good right sided attacker in a 3, so we play him on the left of a defensive midfield, beggars belief.

As I say at the end of every single one of my Naismith posts - it seems like we are ruining that boy.

I struggle to disagree with any of that.

Steven Naismith is a cracking player and I feel for him. Played in different positions, in and out of the squad, substitute appearances. He plays well and then gets dropped. The lad doesn't know if he's coming or going.

One thing tho, he has a huge future ahead of him!

It's likely we won't even see the best of these players till next season......and they all have plenty of time on their side.

We should definitely be encouraging the younger players of the squad rather than getting on their backs.

I said even when Le Guen was in charge that Thomson is a better all round player than Brown.

If im honest I actually thought the 3.5 million we were willing to pay for Brown was 2 million too much. You might not believe me, though.

I definitely believe you, £1 million is too much for that thug.