Time for Smith to trust the youngsters?

pcbear

Fergies running on empty, McCullochs been off the boil for ages and Whittaker! well he has gone backwards at an alarming rate.

I'm sure young Lennon,Furman or Fleck would be bursting a gut to impress, and probably would'nt do any worse than the above, possibly step up and be a revelation, only one way to find out though.

Crazy talk.

Bringing in youngsters who have it all to prove at a crucial stage in the season, is an accident waiting to happen

What happens if they freeze? or dont play their natural game due to the pressure of the situation.

Id rather play an off form McCulloch and an injured Barry Ferguson.

I think we should perhaps bring in Furman for twenty minutes for fresh legs or Fleck. Neither one can do worse than Whittaker did today or the mainly invisible LM.

I'm pretty sure that both these players played in reserve team hammerings by Hibs and Celtic.

Although it's a team effort I think that indicates that they are probably not ready for the first team, especially at this stage of the season when we are going to be playing the better SPL sides.

No, we have to use our strongest players at this crucial point of the season. The likes of Naismith, Burke, Smith, Webster, Gow and Buffel should be given the nod ahead of the youngsters if Walter was to make any changes and rest players due to our huge fixture pile.

I think we should perhaps bring in Furman for twenty minutes for fresh legs or Fleck. Neither one can do worse than Whittaker did today or the mainly invisible LM.

Thats the point i was making, not chuck the lot in wholesale.

Youth brings inconsistancy.

Something that we cannot afford at this stage of the season.

even if its inconsistant, it's got to be worth a try.

all very well being consistant, but if you are consistantly poor like several of our players then it's doing us no good.

Could the young lads do any worse? not much worse IMO

I'm pretty sure that both these players played in reserve team hammerings by Hibs and Celtic.

Although it's a team effort I think that indicates that they are probably not ready for the first team, especially at this stage of the season when we are going to be playing the better SPL sides.

Twenty minutes and one player?

Maybe we should have given them twenty minutes earlier in the year versus poorer teams and got them some experience? Then we would have a better idea?

Maybe we should never have played DJ in the Cup final against McNeil's Celtic when he was 16? He only scored the winner and had a great game - I was there.

A 17 yr old scored the other night for Barcelona in the CL Quarter final.

Could not do worse than these two dumplings today.

I think players are going to have to be rested/rotated over the coming weeks anyway so why not give some of the youth players the opportunity. You can already see the amount of games having a detrimental effect on some of the players and as we could have up to 16 games between now and the end of the season its just going to continue. Consider that Cuellar has played over 50 games this season already.