Drogba and Anelka

Am I the only one totally dumbfounded by Avram Grant's refusal to play these two up front together?

If I had to pick a perfect strike duo from world football, it wouldn't be far off Anelka and Drogba. I mean, what do they not have?

Pace, power, finishing ability, great in the air, can hit one from long range...

A wee change to Chelsea's mind numbingly boring system to accomodate these two could be the spark they need for the rest of the season, IMO.

Am I the only one totally dumbfounded by Avram Grant's refusal to play these two up front together?

If I had to pick a perfect strike duo from world football, it wouldn't be far off Anelka and Drogba. I mean, what do they not have?

Pace, power, finishing ability, great in the air, can hit one from long range...

A wee change to Chelsea's mind numbingly boring system to accomodate these two could be the spark they need for the rest of the season, IMO.

They're also very, very similar players.

There's no 'foil' within that.

They've both got everything though, it's not like Hateley making up for Coisty's lack of height and strength or anything.

Surely, two players this good, could work well together?

They've both got everything though, it's not like Hately making up for Coisty's lack of height and strength or anything.

Surely, two players this good, could work well together?

(tu)

J. Cole____Lampard____Essien____Malouda

___________Anelka____Drogba__________

or SWP on the right and J. Cole on the left. Essien has been playing at RB aswell so Makelele would come into midfield.

J. Cole____Lampard____Essien____Malouda

___________Anelka____Drogba__________

or SWP on the right and J. Cole on the left. Essien has been playing at RB aswell so Makelele would come into midfield.

That's the problem with Chelsea, far too many great midifelders.

You're missing out:

Ballack

SWP

Obi mikel

Makelele

Sidwell

Kalou

From that midfield, any one would walk into almost any team in the world (excluding Sidwell).

Maybe that's why they only play with 1 up front sometimes, and another reason why Shevchenko is being bumped in the summer, as well as probably Pizarro

Chelsea have an outstanding squad.... soon as drogba leaves, anelka and drogba will show their true ability.

Drogba is oustanding... but they are both loan strikers... (Although, i always believed shevchenko and drogba would be aperfect foil, given the right amount of time).

• 8 months later...