Big Amo has split loyalties

bluenose_72

Former Fiorentina and Rangers defender Lorenzo Amoruso is unsure whom to support when the two sides meet in the UEFA Cup semi-finals.

The Viola heroically triumphed over PSV with last night’s 2-0 win at the Philips Stadion, while Rangers dug deep to beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0 in Portugal.

Amoruso, who currently plies his trade for San Marino side Cosmos, spent two years at Fiorentina before moving to Rangers, where he spent six seasons.

“For me it will be very difficult to support Fiorentina or Rangers,†he admitted.

“Both teams have been very important in my life. Even though I am Italian and the Gigliati were my first team in Italy, where I won my first title, I spent six good years at Rangers.

“For that reason I won’t be taking sides and will stay neutral, hoping that the best team goes through to the Final.

“The two sides are very similar. Fiorentina have the quality of Adrian Mutu, but their main strength is their collective.

“Rangers have good players like Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd, but above all it is their unity that works well for them and gives them the edge.â€

While Amoruso was impressed by Rangers’ win over Sporting he saved his most glowing praise for Fiorentina – the side he won the Coppa Italia with in 1996.

“Fiorentina were fantastic against PSV and I think it was their best performance of the season so far,†he maintained

“It was no small task to travel to Eindhoven knowing they had to score. But the combination of determination, quality and sacrifice and their general attitude was wonderful.

“I think the Viola were fantastic in the first half and Cesare Prandelli did a great job in organising them so they were all over PSV. They could have won by four goals.â€

TBH i couldn't give a Fcuk what AMO has to Say!

I don't get why you keep backing clowns like Sebo yet slag off players like Amoruso and Ferguson.

Amo has far to much to say for Himself,Laudrup wouldn't have come out saying i have split loyalities

As for Ferguson i just expect more from him thats all,he's the Highest earner at the club and the Bench mark!

Sebo Never put a Foot wrong, but yet he gets treated like Shite!

I don't get why you keep backing clowns like Sebo yet slag off players like Amoruso and Ferguson.

Amo has far to much to say for Himself,Laudrup wouldn't have come out saying i have split loyalities

Amo was asked as an ex-player of both sides! :lol:

Excactly, hes just answering what he was asked. :lol:

Excactly, hes just answering what he was asked. :lol:

(tu)

He stank of B.O. big time.

Remmber sitting in a club years ago sort back to back seats and all a sudden heavy stink of B.O. and it was him!

Bad thing about hes a realy good guy and would stop and talk to anyone.

Catholic in "not supporting Rangers" shock.

Whatever next? :sherlock:

WhiteVanBear irrelevantly brings Catholicism into a thread shock.

The more important thing is, Boab has McCulloch in his sig shock.

*Craigy puts Boab off sig!* :craphead: Only kidding! :lol:

and gary teale, wtf? :BELM:

Well, if I'm gonnae introduce pish then I thought I might aswell go the whole hog! :BELM:

Well, if I'm gonnae introduce pish then I thought I might aswell go the whole hog! :BELM:

Aye, I spotted Caldwell in there aswell...

Tbh, it was lying in my photobucket and thought 'Why not'? Well there could be many but the over-riding reason is that that, that win could be an inspiration to many a Scottish youngster. Be it Burke's skill or Boydy's finishing :rangers: