Bar 72

jamd1986

One of my pals has got some tickets for Bar 72 tomorrow night, can't wait to go.

Anyone else been to Bar 72 for a game before?

Also, has anyone got any pics of the bar? They seem hard to come by, and the official site just has a close up of what seems to be part of the wall.

I sit in there for every home game :) Ive never been there for a "beam back" game tho ... I wrote this about bar72 in our ezine:

http://www.rangersmedia.com/issue3/#1

Matchday! I’m eager to sample what my hard-earned cash has brought me for the coming season; so rounding the Megastore at the rear of the Govan Stand I’m greeted by a large illuminated sign above a double door "guarded" by two well-dressed staff members - the similarity to nightclub employees impossible to shake! I was asked to produce my ticket and on inspection was greeted with a smile and ushered inside. There are two lifts separated by a staircase, the nearest lift (small in capacity) is full and starts its merry rise, so I take the stairs.

The staircase resembles those of the Clubdeck, in having a central bannister for safety - but there the similarity ends. It’s plush - immaculately decorated, carpeted in Royal blue, and even the bannister itself is painted gold! By now I’m taking two steps at a time, the third floor is reached and I’m greeted by a female member of staff who welcomes me to the West Bar72 - she pushes a card into my hand and I step inside.

First impression - trendy Rangers-themed wine bar!

But once inside properly I get a good look around - 3D Bar72 signs everywhere, Plasma screen TV's , some showing the golf, others with Sky Sports News. Tall wine-bar tables with tall stools everywhere and - my favourite – floor-to-ceiling action snapshots of the Barcelona 72 team.

The bar itself is electric blue, a polished aluminum bar-top with a mirrored gantry adorned by bottles courtesy of our sponsors Carling.

That pretty much sums it up - enjoy mate :beer2:

Ive been to Bar 72 afew times to watch the games from the piggery. Quite enjoyed it when ave been. Get a good sing song n theres a huge screen. Will be goin the morra aswell :D Oh and u get a good curry there too ;)