Coisty hints at Buffel return!

Boab

The article is an outright preview to the St Johnstone game but...

...Rangers, of course, are missing Davie Weir at Hampden after his post-Old Firm red card on Wednesday night.

Injury victims Lee McCulloch and Allan McGregor are also out but Kevin Thomson can come back in and Kirk Broadfoot is free from Scottish Cup suspension.

McCoist also hinted that there may be a dramatic return for Thomas Buffel to the squad.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1292773,00.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers (from): Alexander, Whittaker, Dailly, Cuellar, Papac, Ferguson, Davis, Burke, Thomson, Boyd, Cousin, Novo, Naismith, G Smith, Darcheville, S Smith, Furman, Gow, Hemdani.

Thats the squad from the BBC site, Buffel's not there. :unsure:

Would you believe Coisty or the Beeb? :craphead:

Seriously, the BBC have often been wrong with their pre-match squads this season and I'd have said that whether or not I'd posted this or not.

Rangers (from): Alexander, Whittaker, Dailly, Cuellar, Papac, Ferguson, Davis, Burke, Thomson, Boyd, Cousin, Novo, Naismith, G Smith, Darcheville, S Smith, Furman, Gow, Hemdani.

The BBC's "squads" are unreliable. Don't see Broadfoot or Cousin there either and I reckon they're in contention.

The BBC's "squads" are unreliable. Don't see Broadfoot or Cousin there either and I reckon they're in contention.

Ahem....your point about Broadfoot is still valid tho

i agree perfect game(st.johnstone) 2 bring him bk into the team

maybe gow on the bench and if the results goin our way give him a run out

i think that with the suspensions n injures,these players need there 1st team sharpness

if they are called up to a bigger game eg. celtic or any of the european games

if walters playin the 4-5-1 maybe go wi:

Alexander

Whitty Cuellar Dailly Smith

Ferguson Thompson

Novo Buffel Naisy

Boyd

Dont trust the beeb

Although, Walter promised Gow a play for the thistle game and he didnt play (or so i heard), so i wouldnt read to much into that.

He's a bit weak, but we have strength in abundance, so he should be in contension.

he has been on the bench before this year but not been brought on as it will cost us. He will be oin the bench if we are short on numbers but don't get your hopes up of walter bringing him on!

I for one would be delighted to see him return to the first team for the St. Johnstone game. Our list of suspended/injured players isn't short, a pair of fresh legs would be good - especially when it belongs to a very good, experienced and hungry footballer.

he has been on the bench before this year but not been brought on as it will cost us. He will be oin the bench if we are short on numbers but don't get your hopes up of walter bringing him on!

He was brought on against East Stirling. I'm not sure if this "costing us" thing really exists.

I've read on here many times that "it'll cost us" if Buffel plays any more games for us. Where does this info come from? Is it written fact or rumour? I've tried & failed to find it written anywhere. <_<

Isn't it more likely that Walter just doesn't fancy Buffel in his team? Given Walters liking for players with a more "physical" presence I think this is definitely the more likely reason for Buffels continued absence from the squad.

To the best of my knowledge the only time Walter has said anything of note about Buffel this season was months ago, when he said that Buffel was one of the "fringe" players who would feature "at some point in the season".

I'm hoping that Buffel will feature at some point this weekend, but hopefully not wide left in McCullochs place. His only chance of impressing the management team enough to warrant continued selection is in his natural role behind the strikers.

If Buffel does get a start I feel we may see this 11 starting:-

-------------------------Alexander-----------------------

Broadfoot--------Cuellar----------Papac---------Smith

Davis----------Ferguson---------Thomson--------Novo

----------------Buffel-------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Boyd-------------------

Although, having seen this team written down in front of me, maybe not! :unsure::lol: