Time to act SFA or forever hold you peace

Thermopylae

If those windbags at the SFA ever want to be taken seriously the next time they talk about using television evidence to clean up the game both these St Johnstone thugs should receive retrospective red cards and lengthy bans. I think we all know that if we had been responsible for putting 2 young players out of the game in such a cynical manner our guys would have been hung out to dry by the mhedia, but because it's a cuddly wee team it will all just blow over :angry2:

Well, the type of stuff that goes on in Scottish football would not fly in North American sports. I am never this dumbfounded or upset watching stuff over here. But then again, we use replays in decision making. People are punished thanks to video technology as well.

Reactionary I think.

Neither challenge malicious in my view and i've watched them both several times.

evens

I agree. People are just losing perspective as its two of our players who were hurt.

I wouldn't have had either in the team on Thursday/Sunday anyway for what its worth.

Well, the type of stuff that goes on in Scottish football would not fly in North American sports. I am never this dumbfounded or upset watching stuff over here. But then again, we use replays in decision making. People are punished thanks to video technology as well.

Not necessarily true - the New England Patriots have been getting away with murder for years.

Reactionary I think.

Neither challenge malicious in my view and i've watched them both several times.

evens

I agree. People are just losing perspective as its two of our players who were hurt.

I wouldn't have had either in the team on Thursday/Sunday anyway for what its worth.

I was harsh on the Burke injury, maybe that wasn't meant.

But how you two can deny the Naismith one astonishes me. His knee was on the ground plenty of time before the other boy had to put his foot down, and even John Collins/Pat Nevin said he could have put it elsewhere.

He should be hauled over hot coals for that, horrible challenge.

Not necessarily true - the New England Patriots have been getting away with murder for years.

True and a bunch of cheeting c$%&s to boot .

Come on guys,Stevie Wonder could see Hardie "tackle" on Naismith was deliberate and callous.

I might give the benefit of the doubt to Kr****ie or whatever his name is but it might have been a good professional follow through.

Burkes was definitely an accident, and you are looking through blue specs if you see it as anything other than that.

Naismiths however, the more I see it, the more I think it was meant. He went down hard on his leg, and I just don't think if you were trying to avoid stamping on somebody you would do that. It looked to me like the St Johnstone player put effort into the stamping.

I'm with you Badger I thought the Burke on was totally accidental. The ST J wasnt even looking at Burke, the Naisy on was totally different.