Cuellar quadruple whammy.

polar bear

What do you guy's think about this rule that see's a guy being 1.being sent off, 2.a penalty being awarded against his team.and 3.automatically missing the

next game,for reacting to instinct,by handling the ball.? and Triple whammy becomes Quadruple whammy for Carlos,when you consider which game he's

forced to sit out.

Ridiculous rule.IMHO. :angry2: (td)

Ball was going to hit the back of the net and he handled it. Red card, penalty and a ban are the rules and I don't see any problem with that. Just unlucky that the next game is celtc.

Ball was going to hit the back of the net and he handled it. Red card, penalty and a ban are the rules and I don't see any problem with that. Just unlucky that the next game is celtc.
agree'd.

honestly can't see why anyone can have any moans about it really. it wasn't an accident, it was smart. sadly it never paid off.

Agree rules are rules but i have this argument with my mates all the time, the penalty is enough of a punishment.

The automatic 3 match ban is ridiculous IMO, how can the punishment be the same for touching the ball with the hand deliberately as opposed to trying to break someone's leg and getting a straight red?

Completely at opposite ends of the red card spectrum for me.

Now retrospective red cards for f*ckers who stamp on players knees while they're on the deck - now we're talking.

Thats football.

Way too much punishment for an instinctive act. I alway's thought that if the team awarded the penalty should score,then the ball handler should remain on

the field,and no suspenssion.

If they miss,then the ball handler leaves the field for the remainder of the game,incident over. (tu)

I know the rules Muff,all I'm saying is that it is way too much punishnent for an instinctive act.

Agree rules are rules but i have this argument with my mates all the time, the penalty is enough of a punishment.

The automatic 3 match ban is ridiculous IMO, how can the punishment be the same for touching the ball with the hand deliberately as opposed to trying to break someone's leg and getting a straight red?

Completely at opposite ends of the red card spectrum for me.

Now retrospective red cards for f*ckers who stamp on players knees while they're on the deck - now we're talking.

Exactly my point BL.

It's the stupid world(that most people seem to accept now-a days),where the likes of Pedophiles,and rapists get a slap on the wrist,

while a shoplifter gets six months. <cr>

It's no different from bringing down a player and preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity - straight red.

Actually its a worse offence since the ball was going in, it wasn't even an opportunity!!

I think we need to count ourselves lucky the rules aren't more harsh!!!

evens

Hi PB,

Yes the world is a bit skewed indeed. That idiot ref brines just gave the mhanks two points at the weekend too.

If Cuellar goes 8 games without a booking I'll be surprised. That plus all our injuries really pisses me off and makes me very nervous indeed about the SPL title.

Just wish Webster was fit and I'd be a lot happier. How can he be so unfit? Its amazing to me.

My hope is we somehow play our guts out the next few weeks and that the fringe players step up their performances.

Please let D Cousin try a leg in the next games too! Let JCD get some energy and Boyd recover from food poisoning.

Please let DMB make a miraculous recovery as we need some width.

It's no different from bringing down a player and preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity - straight red.

Actually its a worse offence since the ball was going in, it wasn't even an opportunity!!

I think we need to count ourselves lucky the rules aren't more harsh!!!

evens

Well if you say so!,and who am I to argue with your undoubted wisdom.? doh

It's a risk that you take. End of the day, Cuellar shouldn't of stuck his hand out, he knew the punishment.

Risk, Instinctive? :unsure:

The player knows the rules so yes, I'd say it is a risk to take.

It's a risk that you take. End of the day, Cuellar shouldn't of stuck his hand out, he knew the punishment.

I don't know if you know this or not Muff,but when you do something Instinctivley,your brain is not telling you "you shouldn't do this" :blush:

The thing that sticks in my craw is that hand ball anywhere else is a yellow card. Yes he prevented a goal scoring opportunity but that opportunity was given back to them in the form of a penalty kick. Surely the booking and the penalty are punishment enough.

I have been saying this for a long time and i know its the rules and i might not be saying this if it went against us but its Shit.

I don't know if you know this or not Muff,but when you do something Instinctivley,your brain is not telling you "you shouldn't do this" :blush:

No shit sherlock.

Fuck sake Polar Bear it was just an opinion

Exactly,and I am just expressing my opinion. :)

Sarcastically put but fair enough.

I do wonder though if your opinion would still be the same if any Celtic player deliberately handles the ball to prevent it going in on Sunday, we miss the resulting penalty and lose the game?

Just feels like your opinion might be swayed by circumstances we find ourselves in.

JMHO. Obviously.

evens

Fuck sake Polar Bear it was just an opinion

Exactly,and I am just expressing my opinion. :)

Sarcastically put but fair enough.

I do wonder though if your opinion would still be the same if any Celtic player deliberately handles the ball to prevent it going in on Sunday, we miss the resulting penalty and lose the game?

Just feels like your opinion might be swayed by circumstances we find ourselves in.

JMHO. Obviously.

evens

To be totally honest with you ES. I have always hated the rule,irrespective of which team it's against. The way I see it is,if the incident has prevented a goal

and the penalty is scored,then what's the problem? but if the penalty is missed then action should be taken.But the double,triple,whammy scenario is way too

much.(for an instinctive act at least) (td)

To be fair I don't think we can have any complaints.

Cuellar instinctively threw his hand up, any player would do so, its probably harder to not do it.

Deliberately stopping a goal, not just an opportunity = red card

The fact it was inside the box = penalty

If it was outside the box, then it wouldn't have been a goal scoring opportunity so would only be yellow, but would still be a free kick. Same applies inside box.