John Fleck

CF5LOYAL

when was the last time whittacker played left mid?

Did he not come on for McCulloch against sporting and play left mid?

Fleck IS a good player, and a great prospect. I would play him over Gow, given the reports of Gows reserve "performances", but, I agree with Muff on another thread, Play Novo left, Davis right, and Buffel through the middle behind the striker at the mo.

Perhaps Fleck will have a part to play in the run in, but, maybe not against Celtic, unless off the bench.

Someone on the first page mentioned about Messi, Rooney etc, and, how they were "introduced slowly to the first team" well, does that not mean they actually have to play games? Plus, was Rooney's debut not against Arsenal when he scored a beauty? Not really a minor game

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I think the guy is a brilliant player with a brilliant future ahead of him, throwing him in the deep end is the wrong thing to do, we do have a big enough senior squad to cope with the fixtures without putting a lot of pressure on him.

If we were to lose games and he was playing then his self belief might drop and his confidence could be shattered, WS is correct in trying to nurture him and giving him experience in games which aren't that important or we've already got a large goal lead, he isn't ready yet.

Fleck will probably not break through for the next year or two, there are lads like Furman and Lennon who have been on the bench alot this season who would be the first picks of the youngsters if our injurys became that bad.

IMO John Fleck is a superb prospect , but is not ready for the type of games we have coming up , these games against Celtic and Fiorentina require experienced players not young prospects , his time will come , hopefully next year , I would have him and Furman on the bench for the experience on Sunday

He had a quiet game last night before he scored , but he was still working very hard, winning tackles and closing down the opposition , he took his 2 goals superbly

Rangers MOM for me was Andrew Shinnie - he is also a superb prospect - hopefully he can make the step up to 1st team level soon as well as Fleck