John Fleck

CF5LOYAL

I'd certainly have him on the bench but I don't know about starting him?

John Fleck is 10 times the player Davidson, Adam and McCormack were at that age. Infact, he's still better than them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand peoples reservations about Fleck being put in the first team but if hes good enough play him!

Guys like Rooney, Ferguson loads of players were all given a chance at an early stage and Smith and co have all came out and said that he has been training with the first team and doesnt look out of place!

If he is given a chance i am confident that he would try his best and would probably do the job asked of him!

I think he should make the bench also. He might prove to be the spark that is needed. I'm sure it wouldn't faze him as nothing has so far. Also it didn't stop big DJ at 16 so it shouldn't stop Fleck.

Despite being only 16 he is built like someone in their early 20's. Compare his stature to players like Buffel, Burke and Naismith and I'd bet Fleck is just as, if not physically stronger than them.

I am not saying just throw him in from the start but he could be used as an impact player later in games, and with the injuries he may be needed.

Talk about throwing someone into the deep end. This is the most crucial part of the season, and playing the boy at this time could destroy his career.

I know he's been fantastic in the U19's, but the pressure of a first team game at this stage in the season must be immense.

I agree about having him on the bench for a few game, build up confidence, throw him on for the last 10 mins if we're a few up, but he should even be considered for a starting role right now.

I'm not comparing Fleck with Adam I'm saying that even if a player is shining for the under 19's (not reserves) then you can't just throw him into the deep end and put him in the first team.

i think that if he was goin 2 get a game it would most likely 2 b at ibrox maybe in the games against motherwell or dundee utd

I don't know about that they could be title winners. I would like to see him get a run out at some point this season.

If we have the league won by the time we play our games in hand or any others tha remain then there is nothing wrong with giving Fleck a run-out but not in massive games such as tomorrow and Sunday. Far too much pressure to put on a 16 year-old lad.

Guest Andypendek

got to agree about the commentators - either unintelligible foreigner (allan preston), ex-tim (billy stark, who was alright tbh) or the commentator - paul someone. get this - and this is an exact quote, as we pumped them toward the end of the match looking for an equalizer - 'the problem is, if rangers score, they look the stronger going into extra time!'

i'm not one for childish whining about commentators but fuck me, that's pretty blatant! if you're that much of a tim, don't do the celtic games!!

My only concern is throwing him at the deep-end at this point of the season, ideally it'd be better to ease him a winning team but with less pressure as at the moment we're not a really a team to be winning games by 2 goals consistently.

But in priniciple, I agree and would like to see him in the SPL.

got to agree about the commentators - either unintelligible foreigner (allan preston), ex-tim (billy stark, who was alright tbh) or the commentator - paul someone. get this - and this is an exact quote, as we pumped them toward the end of the match looking for an equalizer - 'the problem is, if rangers score, they look the stronger going into extra time!'

i'm not one for childish whining about commentators but fuck me, that's pretty blatant! if you're that much of a tim, don't do the celtic games!!

If they couldn't do the smeltic games then they couldn't do the Gers ones either. Get them sacked and find someone impartial. There must be some person out there.

Those who go to reserve games would agree that Fleck performs better than all of the first team fringe players apart from Buffel, certainly miles ahead of Burke, Gow, Webster and although it is not a fair comparison, because of his long lay off, Smith.

Actually of the reserve players I would only tip Fleck and Furman to have any chance of making a career with Rangers and it would be a slim chance knowing Walters record.

I would say there is no chance of him being involved on the field on Sunday apart from being one of the token under 21's.

Probably wouldn't start with Fleck, but if you need something special in the last 20 mins get him on. Especially given the state of our current squad(i.e. injuries).

Of course you have to be careful with him but I really thought we would see more of him this season, I wouldn't like to see him playing 2 games a week at 16/17, but a few substitute appearances would be good for the lads development.

One thing is for sure, if WS doesn't use him, we will lose him. Same goes for Furman and Lennon.

IF he was to be in with a shout (thats IF) then we shouldn't be looking at throwing him in against the beggars in what will be a vitally crucial game, he should have been involved against East Stirling, Partick, St.Johnstone etc ......... I feel this is the games where we can sacrifice 1 or 2 regulars/fringe players to get some of the better performing youngsters in for first team experience!

Just out of curiosity (as I have only recently jpined the board) were people shouting this loud for him to be involved half way through the season? i.e when we had no injuries/suspensions.

If not, are we clutching at straws asking a 16 year old who's never played a first team game (competitively) to come in and immediately be a superstar?

I have no doubt the boy will become a great player in the future however!

I was there, Fleck was poor (so was thew whole team for that matter) until the last 15 mins of normal time.

His 1st goal was taken well & his 3rd was really due to Celtic pushing up for the equaliser.

I certainly wouldn't advocate his slection for the 1st team just yet.