Confused about A Webster

nvager

Tbh I would not of had Boyd and Faye in there, we could of swapped them with Buffel and Webster!

Boyd was never going to get a game, especially with Darchy on the bench. This u'21 rule is a joke.

I think it was to do with the Under 21 rule, as Faye can play both in both central midfield and defence - whether he can do it well is debatable, I know - and Walter obviously doesn't trust a under 19 central midfielder to be on the bench and put Webster in as the experienced centre back.

Fiorentna Subs: G. Smith, Boyd, Gow, Webster, Faye, Buffel, Cousin

Celtic Subs: Graeme Smith, Boyd, Lennon, McMillan, Fleck, JCD, Faye

I suspect it was felt Faye could cover both midfield and defence. Some folk get hysterical about Faye but he did OK and could not be blamed for our defeat.

I thought he was pretty pish, his movement and positioning was dreadful, but what do you expect from someone who hasn't played in 6 months and is a pish footballer. I thought Walter could of come up with something better than bringing him on. The otions on the bench were not the best and that could of been different aswell.

I suspect it was felt Faye could cover both midfield and defence. Some folk get hysterical about Faye but he did OK and could not be blamed for our defeat.

I thought he was ok, positionally he was lacking but he hasnt played in near 6 months would of still liked to have sen webster though if his fit, come to think of it is he fit?

I think it was to do with the Under 21 rule, as Faye can play both in both central midfield and defence - whether he can do it well is debatable, I know - and Walter obviously doesn't trust a under 19 central midfielder to be on the bench and put Webster in as the experienced centre back.

i thought we only had to have 2 U21's. by the look of our bench against celtic we had 4. am i wrong?

i thought we only had to have 2 U21's. by the look of our bench against celtic we had 4. am i wrong?

3, Lennon, McMillan and Fleck.

Graeme Smith is the 3rd choice keeper, he's about 25 i think.

3? It is/was.

The Scottish Premier League are facing fresh opposition to their rule which forces clubs to include at least three under-21 players in their match-day squads after Jim Jefferies and Gus MacPherson followed Walter Smith in criticising the policy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...7/sfnsco117.xml

It looks like two sometimes if Naismith is playing or on the bench as Naismith is still 21 and perhaps we don't think of him in the way of Fleck etc

might have been useful if we had a U21 keeper that would give us another option for a outfield player, although would maybe leave us vurnrable if alexander got injured.

might have been useful if we had a U21 keeper that would give us another option for a outfield player, although would maybe leave us vurnrable if alexander got injured.

the lad that played in the U19 cup final looked pretty decent, worth a place on the bench as an U21 player

the lad that played in the U19 cup final looked pretty decent, worth a place on the bench as an U21 player

Scott Gallacher (tu)

Looked good.