What They Said About Walter

Not sure if this has been posted before (tu)

Sir Alex Ferguson

" I'm delighted for Walter, It's fantastic for him. My phone never stopped ringing last night, They think because the game is in Manchester they you have got all the tickets!. It's fantastic for the club and they will bring about 50,000 fans down here."

Darren Flechter

" I was a Celtic fan growing up but now I'm a fan of Scottish football. I was really pleased for Rangers last night , Knowing Walter Smith as the former Scotland manager and knowing allot of the players."

David Moyes

" I left Walter a message. My congratulations go to him and Rangers. We played Zenit and if he needs any information we can provide it. I spoke to him before Fiorentina and I think the game went very much to plan. It does make it a bit galling. It's a long competition and not always - and I'm saying this with respect - the best team gets to the final. You need a little bit of luck and good fortune along the way. "

Craig Levein

" I was delighted for Walter Smith because he is a good guy, and I hope they go to win it because it would be great for Scottish football."

Arthur Numan

" The pressure is on but they can write history, they can go for four prizes and if they manage to do that they will always be remembered as the best team in Rangers' History. Italians have been playing that kind of football (cantenaccio) for the last 50 or 60 years. To beat Fiorentina on their own ground with the same kind of football they have used, I think it's a fantastic Achievement."

Mixu Paatelainen

" It was a fantastic result, good for Scottish football and good for Rangers. Now we wish them all the best for the final. They have been criticised for being too defensive, but whatever decision a manager makes there will always be people who criticise him. They have been hugely successful this season and that tells me he has been right."

:rangers:

SAF - people asking Fergie for tickets !! thats a belter :lol:

Darren Fletcher- well said young man (tu)

David Moyes - true, a bit of luck is needed along the way, but we also had players out to contend with.

Craig Levein - well said. Its good for our game (tu)

Arthur Newman - true, the Italians have always been applauded for this style of game, while we have been slated.

Mixu Paatelainen - correct. Walter plays the way that works for us. He's been proved right.