JCD

Danny

Can anyone tell me the last meaningful thing he did for us?

He's not scored in an age, and still last for about 60 minutes before lumbering off following 'another hard shift'.

He spends his time running like a bull in a china shop, which is fair enough when there's an end product - but there never is.

Every time I watch him I get excited by his movement and the potential, but then he invariably does something rotten or insipid and it breaks down.

Or is it just me who notices this?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt we could have used him yesterday to be honest.

JCD with a poacher would be my combination for the next 5 games in the SPL.

Problem is Walter seems to like him on the wings - and this is where a lot of the criticism I have of him stems from.

I thought he could actually work as a right winger - but with little end product, clearly the wings don't suit him.

Problem is Walter seems to like him on the wings - and this is where a lot of the criticism I have of him stems from.

I thought he could actually work as a right winger - but with little end product, clearly the wings don't suit him.

It's the system we play that doesn't suit him. It's why people don't like Buffel.

People moan that we don't attack enough, yet criticise our flair players for not wasting 70% of game time helping the team defend. What do these people want?!

It's the system we play that doesn't suit him. It's why people don't like Buffel.

People moan that we don't attack enough, yet criticise our flair players for not wasting 70% of game time helping the team defend. What do these people want?!

11 Gods.

And so do you and I.

Sadly we make do with Kirk Broadfoot.

Guest The Brown Brogue

There are times when he sprints clear from the half way line and leaves defenders in his wake and you think 'finish it' only to see him delay and delay when he gets to the box and invariably the ball gets blocked and cleared. Mind you this could also be down to the fact that the nearest support is usually 30 yards back down the pitch.

I think he would be a far more dangerous player if we utilised his pace further up the park by giving him a partner who could feed balls through to him, a'la the succesful Lovenkrands/Buffel combination of a few years back.

There are times when he sprints clear from the half way line and leaves defenders in his wake and you think 'finish it' only to see him delay and delay when he gets to the box and invariably the ball gets blocked and cleared. Mind you this could also be down to the fact that the nearest support is usually 30 yards back down the pitch.

I think he would be a far more dangerous player if we utilised his pace further up the park by giving him a partner who could feed balls through to him, a'la the succesful Lovenkrands/Buffel combination of a few years back.

He's Belgian, and he's sitting on his arse at home.

The lack of midfield support any of our strikers have been recieving this season is shocking. We're wasting a jersey with a defensive midfielder when we really need a link man sitting between midfield and attack.

when has he played as a winger? hes drifting out to the wing by himself

Not a great fan of Darcheville to be honest. As Danny says, it's a lack of end product that frustrates me, and I'm not just talking about goals.

At the start of the season, in the few early glimpses we got of him, I thought we had something a bit special on our hands. Unfortunately, that early potential hasn't materialised into performances of a good standard.

For me, he's a useful impact player, but not a guy I'd put my faith in to lead the line and take us to the title. For a mixture of quality and endeavour, I'd stick with Cousin and Novo, drop Dailly, and bring a more attack minded player (Beasley perhaps) into the starting line up.

Hes not getting any Help. he plays loan striker the long ball up to him usually ends up on the wing and no-one there to help him all he can do is win corners but when he has some-one with him he can catch the opponents on the counter attack..... Take Away to Lisbon, ball broke to him half way line headed on to davis and let davis run into the end third and he can wait for the pass back for the goal.

Hes not getting any Help. he plays loan striker the long ball up to him usually ends up on the wing and no-one there to help him all he can do is win corners but when he has some-one with him he can catch the opponents on the counter attack..... Take Away to Lisbon, ball broke to him half way line headed on to davis and let davis run into the end third and he can wait for the pass back for the goal.

Agreed. same goes for any lone striker this season , not alot being provided for them. Darchey does end up finding himself out wide as thats all he can get, ball down the line from broadfoot or papac run down the line and cut it back too ... our own players cant keep up with him in time to get in the box for a cut back . whereas if we had fast wingers that could do the same then hed be in the box. waiting. If we could thread some balls through the middle of defences it would be alot better. with the 4-5-1 . Davis tucks right in with Broadfoot . as does Whittaker with Papac at times and there not making any runs . Give Darche a break

I don't think his body is as willing as his mind these days, which is a great shame as he still seems to have the hunger for the fight.

I'm not too sure about that, he's not been injured for a good wee while now and instead it's his non stop work and running for 70 minutes that usually leads to him being subbed.

You seen him take off his shirt at the end of games? Body looks not bad to me! :lol: Wish I had his upper body build, it's incredible.

I don't think his body is as willing as his mind these days, which is a great shame as he still seems to have the hunger for the fight.

I'm not too sure about that, he's not been injured for a good wee while now and instead it's his non stop work and running for 70 minutes that usually leads to him being subbed.

You seen him take off his shirt at the end of games? Body looks not bad to me! :lol: Wish I had his upper body build, it's incredible.

Defo, but when you see long distance and endurance athletes, they do not have this type of build.

he has the build of a sprinter and i think time is taking its toll. Of course he works hard during games, alot of players his age do and can still finish games

Defo, but when you see long distance and endurance athletes, they do not have this type of build.

he has the build of a sprinter and i think time is taking its toll. Of course he works hard during games, alot of players his age do and can still finish games

He's the old fashioned build of footballer, he's not the Henry/C. Ronaldo type of lean, strong yet pacey and can run all day sort of build.

Battering ram would describe him perfectly.

JCD couldnt play as a winger, or at least as one that could track back, so we would be just aswell keeping him forward in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, with boyd in the middle and novo on the other wing.

As much as I agree with most of the post, but from what I did quote, what about his goal in Lisbon?

As much as I agree with most of the post, but from what I did quote, what about his goal in Lisbon?

He was also our most dangerous attacking player against Fiore at home (confirmed afterwards by the Fiore players ahead of the 2nd leg).

He didn't have a great match but given the service he did receive, he did pretty well generally.

Like I say, it's very easy to criticise players but rather than just look at their input, one must address the failings of the whole team as opposed to individuals.

Right now, we're failing as a team. Particularly in midfield.

He was also our most dangerous attacking player against Fiore at home (confirmed afterwards by the Fiore players ahead of the 2nd leg).

He didn't have a great match but given the service he did receive, he did pretty well generally.

Like I say, it's very easy to criticise players but rather than just look at their input, one must address the failings of the whole team as opposed to individuals.

Right now, we're failing as a team. Particularly in midfield.

Yep, 4/5 central midfielders all stepping on each others toes.

We need to drop at least 2 of them in order to create some width. We need to WIN games now, no 2nd legs or away goals in the SPL.

We need to drop at least 2 of them in order to create some width. We need to WIN games now, no 2nd legs or away goals in the SPL.

Problem is we have little genuine wide or creative players left.

Davis is struggling badly (seems very much a confidence player), Ferguson seems incapable of playing a defence-splitting pass, Thomson is already doing the work of two players defensively, while the likes of Burke, Adam and Naismith are all injured.

Buffel or Gow need to be brought back asap but it's debatable whether or not they have the match sharpness to make a difference in such a short period of time. That's the only reason why they've not played already and because of the other injuries it's costing us.

Problem is we have little genuine wide or creative players left.

Davis is struggling badly (seems very much a confidence player), Ferguson seems incapable of playing a defence-splitting pass, Thomson is already doing the work of two players defensively, while the likes of Burke, Adam and Naismith are all injured.

Buffel or Gow need to be brought back asap but it's debatable whether or not they have the match sharpness to make a difference in such a short period of time. That's the only reason why they've not played already and because of the other injuries it's costing us.

Gow definately has it. Naturally left footed and, my favourite stat in defence of Gow, is that he is officially credited with 15 assists for 19 of Anthony Stokes' goals for Falkirk last season.

The right is a different mater, Novo maybe? Or the mercurial Belgian.....

I think JCD is probably the best striker at the club, nobody works as hard as him!! He is the best player we have to play with one up, but I think he'd do alot better with another striker next to him, or if the midfield commited a little bit more, we play too deep!!

I rate the fella, does an impossible job with absolutely no support, no other striker could do that at this club!