When is a good Time to Leave for Manchester

I'm planning to drive down to Manchester but I can't decide what time would be the best to leave. I'm picking up two mates (pioss. 4) fairly close to the M74 at Carmyle but we can't decisde what is a good time to leave. On one hand, don't want to be pissing about waiting to get into our hotel room, on the other don't want to miss out on all the fun.

What do you think?

Definitely leave no later than 3am. Grab sleep when you're down there. Roads will be fucked by 11am - you need to be there by 8!

imagine getting stuck in 20mile jam at Preston at 2pm? youl; be shiting yourself when you havent moved in 2 hours!

leave 4am or 5am, if you leave it any later you'll be in traffic for ages, traffic around manchester and on m62/m6 is murder at best of times, so think what it will be like with all us

Definitely leave no later than 3am. Grab sleep when you're down there. Roads will be fucked by 11am - you need to be there by 8!

imagine getting stuck in 20mile jam at Preston at 2pm? youl; be shiting yourself when you havent moved in 2 hours!

Good shout. Heard the Fanzones are opening early anyway. I suppose the hotel would let us check-in as long as we don't expect entry into our room.

As someone who lives down here in the North West i would leave very early, traffic around Manchester is hell at the best of times and if there is a accident or something on the M6 than it will be mayhem.

If you have any stuff with you most hotels will let you store it at the hotel i would guess, some hotel will not let you check in till the afternoon.