Off Side

What is it with the media why let the rule of the game stand in the way of a good story before they shout there necks of study the off side rule please

Commiting an Offside Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play

interfering with an opponent

gaining an advantage by being in that position

This player was offside when ball was kicked

i dont think he was put off. he was always gonna try and get in the way of the shot i was thinking if the guy wasnt there then weir would have let it run through, but he wouldnt have. he would have tried to block it. i thought it should of stood

i dont think he was put off. he was always gonna try and get in the way of the shot i was thinking if the guy wasnt there then weir would have let it run through, but he wouldnt have. he would have tried to block it. i thought it should of stood

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play

In your own words "if the guy wasnt there"

It wasn't offside for me either.

He wasn't interfering with Weir imo as he was running behind him and Weir was only trying to block the shot, not worry about where the United man was.

interfering with play

which one of those offences did he commit? weir didnt even know he was there. and he didnt touch it. listenin to the levein interview hes ragin . says they were ' Cheated ' out of the cup final aswell. haha .

interfering with play

The offside player gained an advantage by interfering with Alexanders view of the ball therefore broke the rule gaining an advantage by being in that position.

Some people just don't understand californiadreamin52. It's was 100% offside.

He wasn't interfering with Weir imo as he was running behind him and Weir was only trying to block the shot, not worry about where the United man was.

If he`s behind Weir how is he not interfering with play why does not Weir let the ball run thought to the goalie

The goal wasn't offside, but that is the marvel of having the option of a replay, I got the impression that the linesman put his flag up because he thought the ball came of the United player last, and if it had then he would have been offside.

exactly he wouldnt have raised his flag if he saw that it came off weir but then wed be complaining that it was offside. ifs and buts. we win . we are almost even with celtic on dodgy decisions:P

interfering with play

The offside player gained an advantage by interfering with Alexanders view of the ball therefore broke the rule gaining an advantage by being in that position.

Some people just don't understand californiadreamin52. It's was 100% offside.

He didn't interfere with Alexander's view though, Alexander was going to his right before the ball came of Weir and caused the ball to go in the opposite direction, even Weir thought it was a goal as did the rest of the Rangers players as not a single one of them tried to claim offside.

In the end the decision worked in our favour, we won the game, we have the 3 points and are still n course for the quad. That is all that matters. :rangers:

If he`s behind Weir how is he not interfering with play why does not Weir let the ball run thought to the goalie

because when someone hits a shot weir isnt going to move he hasnt got the brains to realise that yes it isnt a great shot, hes not gonna move out the way. hes gonna block it instinctively even if taht utd player was nowhere around

Not many players are going to argue with the RULE that is interfering with play. infact I don't think maybe players even understand it as we see many ex-footballers as pundits don't on fitba shows all the time.

I'm happy the ref got it right, as did his linesman. :P

Simple fact the linesman called it offside because he thought Robertson touched it in an offside position, easy enough mistake to make because ROBERTSON WAS INTER FEARING WITH PLAY

Lines called it of as arabs player was offside when ball was kicked regardless of it hitting Weir

Weir was nevertrying to just let the ball go. He was trying to block the shot and would have had the man been there or not.

Imo it was a bad desicion for them and a good one for us.

Ask yourself if it had been against us, would you be fuming at the Ref and linesman?

Weir was nevertrying to just let the ball go. He was trying to block the shot and would have had the man been there or not.

Ask yourself if it had been against us, would you be fuming at the Ref and linesman?

yes. or if it was the team celtic was playing :craphead:

Weir`s options was reduced as the result of where the opposition player was therefore interfereing with play but was still offside as result of his position when ball was kicked