Pessimism ,maybe not!

rab wilson

Great result saturday,but our team play with so much fear and no cohesion.Burke? He can get tae fuck as far as i'm concerned,holds the ball too long,no pace ,predictable,no vision.Money grabbing wee shite! Clements second touch is a tackle!GTF! Svensson! Crap! Needless to say I wasn't convinced. Plus points were wee Nacho who was dynamite when he came on,and I know i'll get pelters for this,but i thought Ian Murray was outstanding at left back. Loves a tackle that boy! Charlie Adam is far too scruffy and ugly to wear a Rangers jersey(where are the standards)Ferguson and Hemdani also played well,but we need some discipline in the side.May be being a wee bit harsh! What do you lot think?

Burke is anything but a money grabber, he turned down more money from villa to sign a new 2.5 year deal with us. He is also one of the very few players we have prepared to take people on, the treatment he gets from people like you is not Rangers class.

Your overall assessment is harsh and to be fair how ugly a player is should not really be an issue, ronaldinho and ronaldo are ugly as sin but you wouldnt have complained about them pulling on the jersey (the ronaldo before the pie addiction)

I don't know what it is about young scottish players the seem to get built up, perhaps too much, then next thing you know theres people slating them and giving them pelters because they might not be world class doh

Get behind these lads and maybe just maybe they can do something, if you all get on their backs and give them abuse their confidence will go and you'll never see what they are capable of

Burke is anything but a money grabber, he turned down more money from villa to sign a new 2.5 year deal with us. He is also one of the very few players we have prepared to take people on, the treatment he gets from people like you is not Rangers class.

Your overall assessment is harsh and to be fair how ugly a player is should not really be an issue, ronaldinho and ronaldo are ugly as sin but you wouldnt have complained about them pulling on the jersey (the ronaldo before the pie addiction)

I don't know what it is about young scottish players the seem to get built up, perhaps too much, then next thing you know theres people slating them and giving them pelters because they might not be world class doh

Get behind these lads and maybe just maybe they can do something, if you all get on their backs and give them abuse their confidence will go and you'll never see what they are capable of

he's signed a new deal? :D

he's signed a new deal? :D

read the daily record link on the Ehiogu post says in there he has signed

Good post mate.

Some one was commenting on the very same yesterday. The young Scots guys who are reasonable players get pelters but a donkey like sebo gets almost Cult status- it doesnt make sence.

Your right on Adam as well, I bet no one was calling him an ugly c..t when he stuck the ball in the net from 40 yards

Hi Rab....glad your trip up wasn't wasted...thing is it wasn't the ideal day to judge the players...howling gales and a pitch like a coos field.....disagree about Burke his surging runs down the wing bring us something different, he just needs to spend more time in the gym toughening himself up. Charlie has hit in some important goals for us, I loved his forty yarder on Saturday it lifted the team and changed the game. I hope Svensson can develop playing alongside Weir. Baz as ever put in a good shift and Hemdanis calmness with the ball at his feet is always good to see hope he stays. (header)

I get the feeling that the young scots in the first team squad actually dread playing at Ibrox every other week. If they got half the encouragement that shite like Sebo gets it would be interesting to see how their games came on. Doesn't matter what you do, if you enjoy your work you do it better.

:angry:

Wasn't digging out the scots boys and my judgement wasn't made on one game.Adam never will be rangers class,neither will burke or svensson.The fact that Burke stalled was enough for me considering he has hardly played for 2 years.And if asking a rangers player to have a shave before he plays is asking too much ,then i except all your criticism.Also i hate when the boys don't tuck their jerseys in it gets on my tits.That is a mhanky thing,that past managers would not accept.All these people banging on about our proud traditions in recent weeks.well that was one of them.By the way i was screaming for all of them saturday,not against them,so don't judge me on that.Before anybody says about rooney not shaving,well he doesn't play for rangers.I shave before i go toi Ibrox as a mark of respect for our palace and everything it represents.Just brought up a proud proddy,that's all.oris that a crime now as well/

to say they will never be rangers class is way too harsh. They are all still young enough to develop more. Svensson in particular is still adjusting to the SPL and this takes at least a season.

Burke probably wouldnt commit due to being unhappy under PLG, and rest assured he wasnt the only player unhappy during PLG's regime. Much as he wanted to stay there is no point if you are not happy and it will affect your performance whatever line of work you are in.

You can't really question his commitment as he has turned down a better offer to move to Aston Villa to remain with us as he knows that this is the place to be.

And your point about the scruffyness of players - I'd rather have an unshaven, shirt out, ugly bassa that's going to work for the team than a clean shaven pretty boy that cries when he gets a speck of mud on his leg.

A players appearance is utterly irrelevant, look at Rino with his scruffy hair and beard, are you saying he is not welcome back unless he smartens himself up?

to say they will never be rangers class is way too harsh. They are all still young enough to develop more. Svensson in particular is still adjusting to the SPL and this takes at least a season.

Burke probably wouldnt commit due to being unhappy under PLG, and rest assured he wasnt the only player unhappy during PLG's regime. Much as he wanted to stay there is no point if you are not happy and it will affect your performance whatever line of work you are in.

You can't really question his commitment as he has turned down a better offer to move to Aston Villa to remain with us as he knows that this is the place to be.

And your point about the scruffyness of players - I'd rather have an unshaven, shirt out, ugly bassa that's going to work for the team than a clean shaven pretty boy that cries when he gets a speck of mud on his leg.

A players appearance is utterly irrelevant, look at Rino with his scruffy hair and beard, are you saying he is not welcome back unless he smartens himself up?

I don't see that being clean shaven is too much to expect.I want our boys to be proud to represent rangers and all that it represents as an institution.that used to be one of them.My old man used to go on about rangers players showing respect to to the picture hanging in the dressing room.that was the difference between us and the mhanks.he showed me apicture od Tam Forsyth and a picture of Jonny Doyle and asked me who had more respect for their club and who i would rather have represent me every week.No contest.scruffy wee bastard unshaven,socks rolled down and shirt out and there was big tam ,covered in clabber tucking his jersey in. RESPECT!

I tend to agree with R Wilson. I cannot see why players so well paid cannot turn out smartly dressed and clean shaven. It was always an Ibrox tradition.

I also think that this `squad is not very good and that Burke has a long way to go -although great potential - Adam not quite good enough and Svensson a long way to go. Same for Hutton.

We need to raise our quality level. Too many people have got used to a lower standard of play.

We NEED QUALITY. We NEED TO IMPROVE.

Just not good enough at present.

:rolleyes:

Great result saturday,but our team play with so much fear and no cohesion.Burke? He can get tae fuck as far as i'm concerned,holds the ball too long,no pace ,predictable,no vision.Money grabbing wee shite! Clements second touch is a tackle!GTF! Svensson! Crap! Needless to say I wasn't convinced. Plus points were wee Nacho who was dynamite when he came on,and I know i'll get pelters for this,but i thought Ian Murray was outstanding at left back. Loves a tackle that boy! Charlie Adam is far too scruffy and ugly to wear a Rangers jersey(where are the standards)Ferguson and Hemdani also played well,but we need some discipline in the side.May be being a wee bit harsh! What do you lot think?

Burkie has plenty of pace. He has missed a lot of time due to injury so he's not 100% 'game fit'. Agree with you on Murray.

Clement will be gone to PSG -- he is a very good player imho. But a bit lightweight.

Svensson -- will be sold now or summer, a total disaster imho.

Adam - Played very well on Sat. Great goal, terrific pass to Murray? for Boydie's goal. What's wrong with looking a bit rough? It's football, not freaking modelling.

Hemdani - Can stay or go. Couldn't care less. A lot of bears like him. But... doesn't excite me at all.

-- more --

Sebo. Great effort but needs to be more in control of himself. Might come good. We need to keep him until the end of the year and see. Maybe he'll score a few and we can make a profit (at least)

Papac -- GTF now!

Fergie -- Now that WS is back, we'll see Fergie back to his best. The PLG episode clearly affected him. Best player by a mile!

Boydie -- PLG tried to make him a football player -- he's not. All he can do is score lol.

McGregor -- Still young -- lots of potential. Needs to be agressive consistently.

Hutton -- hmm squad player at best?

Smith -- Excellent!

Webster -- Excellent

Weir -- Brings stability. WS knows his strengths and will use him properly. No worries.

PRSO -- Great ... too bad he's not 25.

Sionko -- GTF NOW! How he's on the CZECH team is beyond me.

Gavin Rae -- Thx for stepping in -- but find another club.

Burkie has plenty of pace. He has missed a lot of time due to injury so he's not 100% 'game fit'. Agree with you on Murray.

Agree with who now? Rangers were trying to get him on the cheap and Burkie wasnt for having it. Right to hold out and get the best deal for himself. Has the potentiel to kick on and become a great player for Rangers.

Clement will be gone to PSG -- he is a very good player imho. But a bit lightweight.

Name someone who has run over him! Great footballing brain, does exactly what he is in the team to do. (Tackle, Break up play and pass to Barry and start attacks) Great player

Svensson -- will be sold now or summer, a total disaster imho.

Yeah ok then. Svensson will be a main stay in the Rangers team/Squad and will not be sold now or in the summer. He is 22 and has a load of potentiel. He has already stated he didnt expect to play in the first team straight away, Just needs a partner.

Adam - Played very well on Sat. Great goal, terrific pass to Murray? for Boydie's goal. What's wrong with looking a bit rough? It's football, not freaking modelling.

Not Rangers class, seems to me you'll back him cause hes Scottish, Yet slate all PLG'S signings. Lacks class.

Hemdani - Can stay or go. Couldn't care less. A lot of bears like him. But... doesn't excite me at all.

Hes not in the team to excite you, Every team needs a Clement or a Hemdani. Tell me what he has done wrong since coming to Rangers?! Great player

-- more --

Sebo. Great effort but needs to be more in control of himself. Might come good. We need to keep him until the end of the year and see. Maybe he'll score a few and we can make a profit (at least)

We should keep Sebo for the majority of his contract. Selling him is not an option. He is not on big wages, he is 22 and with the correct training he might turn out to become a valuable asset. If not, we only think about selling him with a year to run on his deal. To soon to think about selling him.

Papac -- GTF now!

Constructive

Fergie -- Now that WS is back, we'll see Fergie back to his best. The PLG episode clearly affected him. Best player by a mile!

Great player and is Rangers best player, But he has acted like a child and has to knuckle down. Has to play week in week out and so what he is told

Boydie -- PLG tried to make him a football player -- he's not. All he can do is score lol.

Doesnt offer enough, Scores goals for fun, But we need more effort and more team play.

McGregor -- Still young -- lots of potential. Needs to be agressive consistently.

Hasnt been playing well recently, Few errors creeping into his game. Good keeper, Not anything like Klos, Watterues or Goram though. Hopefully with games he will improve further.

Hutton -- hmm squad player at best?

Wouldnt even class him as a squad player.

Smith -- Excellent!

Great player wth a great Rangers future ahead of him. Future Captain of Rangers imo

Webster -- Excellent

How can you justify that. Hasnt played much in the last year and is injured.

Needs to come in and prove himself all over again.

Weir -- Brings stability. WS knows his strengths and will use him properly. No worries.

Haha. Dave Weir is a crock. Will not even last the 14 games we have remaining in the SPL. And I am extremely worried if he plays in the UEFA Cup

PRSO -- Great ... too bad he's not 25.

Great servant, Age and injurys have cuaght up with him. Will be missed.

Sionko -- GTF NOW! How he's on the CZECH team is beyond me.

He gets in the Czech team cause he is a good player. Not had a sustained period in the first team and when he plays he gives 100%. Granted some of his performaces have been poor, But that goes for the full team as well.

Gavin Rae -- Thx for stepping in -- but find another club.

Useless, Should never have been signed and has made a nice living out of being at Rangers. Worse footballer ever to Captain Rangers.

Sionko will come good he just need time <yes>

As will Papac and Svensson IMHO.

All this pish about being clean shaven is balls. Society has changed since the seventies or whatever era you are talking about and people in general don't really car about this sort of thing anymore. These players are doing a job at the end of the day and there has to be a line drawn about where RFC can tell them what to do. We can't expect RFC to control every aspect of their lives.

I would rather have 11 unshaven players with muddy shorts and an un tucked strip who fight for RFC then 11 jocks who would rather lose than break a nail.

Would you not?