Barry Ferguson

bauba30

Just discussing Barry with my brother just now. We have come to the conclusion that he is no attacking midfielder but a good and able defensive midfielder, good at sitting in front of the back four and moving the ball on to the creative players in the middle of the park - this way, he fourished playing with GVB and JA but right now he is playing in a rol;e he is just not good enough to carry out

We see Barry as being just another Paul Lambert really, and if he is moved back to that role then he can be an effective player for us once again

God knows who decided he was an attacking midfielder. I cannot think of many periods where he was totally effective playing there to warrant sticking with it.

He's finished!

I've been saying this for about a year!

The days of relying on Barry Ferguson are gone :(

Us as a club would be better without Barry ferguson,it's sad but it's time to do what Arsenal did with Henry!

Interesting comparison.

We miss Kevin Thomson more than we miss Ferguson. Yet again we needed our Captain to stand up today and like Wednesday, he didn't.

I think the 4 - 5 - 1 could be more productive if we had barry holding, 2 good creative midfielders either side, and attacking wingers that can score goals as well, question is who would do the job?

Or am I just stating the obvious here? <cr>

He's finished!

Us as a club would be better without Barry ferguson,it's sad but it's time to do what Arsenal did with Henry!

Interesting comparison.

Arsene Wenger said at the time that too many players where hiding under Herny shadow, and i think it's the same with Ferguson at Rangers.

Fabregas said the same thing about Henry, Saying that the players learned to play with each rather than looking for Henry all the time!

IMO Rangers would actually benifit in the long run without ferguson :rangers:

He's finished!

Interesting comparison.

How so?

Well, Henry leaves Arsenal and his presence was said to over power things as Captain etc and sometimes maybe Arsenal played better even when he was there? Don't believe the latter where Rangers is concerned but that was why it caught my eye.

He's finished!

Interesting comparison.

Arsene Wenger said at the time that too many players where hiding under Herny shadow, and i think it's the same with Ferguson at Rangers.

Arsenal midfield star Alexender Hleb has once again reiterated that the current squad is much better off with French star Thierry Henry. Earlier in the season, the Belarusian international medio made a sensational claim that Henry was actually inhibiting the Gunners team from developing and becoming a true team.

I think the 4 - 5 - 1 could be more productive if we had barry holding, 2 good creative midfielders either side, and attacking wingers that can score goals as well, question is who would do the job?

Or am I just stating the obvious here? <cr>

There are plenty of players if you actually have the scouting network and contacts aswell as a more open minded approach as to where you sign players from.

He's finished!

Interesting comparison.

Arsenal midfield star Alexender Hleb has once again reiterated that the current squad is much better off with French star Thierry Henry. Earlier in the season, the Belarusian international medio made a sensational claim that Henry was actually inhibiting the Gunners team from developing and becoming a true team.

Another thing thats similar with the Henry/Ferguson saga..... is the amount of moaning on the park at other players when they aint playing well,Wenger relized this was damaging to the other players and got rid of Henry!

He's finished!

Interesting comparison.

Another thing thats similar with the Henry/Ferguson saga..... is the amount of moaning on the park at other players when they aint playing well,Wenger relized this was damaging to the other players and got rid of Henry!

Am I wrong in saying there a rumour Henry could be on his way back to Arsenal?

He's finished!

Interesting comparison.

Am I wrong in saying there a rumour Henry could be on his way back to Arsenal?

No Chance Wenger would take him back, he was linked with Liverpool and Chelsea.

It's way too easy to critise Barry. Even when he is not playing well, he is a leader. You will only relise how good he was when he retires.

It's far too easy to defend Ferguson.

I have not seen much leadership skills this season. He's quick to turn his back on players and have a moan at them.

I have not seen much leadership skills this season. He's quick to turn his back on players and have a moan at them.

Exactly.

If we had any other real leaders in our squad he would soon give up the whole "ma club, ma baw...gees it!" attitude that he has.

Weir, Dailly maybe not say anything?

:unionflag: Hullo, new to the forum!

I don't think ferguson should be knocked, he's the one true blue who'll always give his last drop of sweat for the cause. You don't know what you've got got til it's gone! Look at that lot, they moaned about Lennon for a few years - he's past it, useless bastard etc etc What happens when he goes?? Their midfield fell apart and are just starting to recover. Let that be a warning. :angry2: