Stardog

Links

FULL STATS

- minus non-apps

- minus non-apps - SPL only

- minus non-apps - Cups only

Summary

40 appearances in total

25 goals in total (Not inc ET cup final penalty.)

- 5 of those goals from penalties.

- 3 of those goals from free kicks.

- 15 of those goals were in the SPL.

- 5 of the 15 SPL goals after being subbed on.

- 10 of the goals were in Cup games.

- The 10 Cup goals were scored in 5 games - 2 v East Fife (1 pen), 3 v East Stirling (1 pen), 2 v Dundee Utd (2nd in extra time), 1 v Partick, 2 v Qos (1 FK).

- 2 of the 10 Cup goals were penalties. 1 was a FK.

25 starts in total

- 7 of those starts were in cup games.

- Scored in 14 of those starts.

- Subbed off in 15 of those starts.

15 sub ons in total

- Scored in 6 of those sub ons. (7 goals in total - 2 v Dundee Utd)

------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting stuff there...

Links

FULL STATS

- minus non-apps

- minus non-apps - SPL only

- minus non-apps - Cups only

Summary

40 appearances in total

25 goals in total (Not inc ET cup final penalty.)

- 5 of those goals from penalties.

- 3 of those goals from free kicks.

- 15 of those goals were in the SPL.

- 5 of the 15 SPL goals after being subbed on.

- 10 of the goals were in Cup games.

- The 10 Cup goals were scored in 5 games - 2 v East Fife (1 pen), 3 v East Stirling (1 pen), 2 v Dundee Utd (2nd in extra time), 1 v Partick, 2 v Qos (1 FK).

- 2 of the 10 Cup goals were penalties. 1 was a FK.

25 starts in total

- 7 of those starts were in cup games.

- Scored in 14 of those starts.

- Subbed off in 15 of those starts.

15 sub ons in total

- Scored in 6 of those sub ons. (7 goals in total - 2 v Dundee Utd)

------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting stuff there...

and your point is ?

So 8 of his 25 goals were against lower league opposition. Though it could be argued JCD and co couldn't do the business against them.

At the end of the day he can only score who he plays against, not his fault if them teams are of lower quality.

Only question that remains is can he do it in europe. He needs a chance though.

who composed this? did someone actually put down every chance hes missed as the season went on?

i found it quite strange , comments were not exactly positive , looks like reasons not to play him

anyway , he done the business in 2 finals

well done boydy

In all fairness, it's a fair and accurate rundown of his season.

Don't see why people are trying to twist it just because StarDog made a few negative comments, he's just wrote down exactly what happened!

So 8 of his 25 goals were against lower league opposition. Though it could be argued JCD and co couldn't do the business against them.

At the end of the day he can only score who he plays against, not his fault if them teams are of lower quality.

Only question that remains is can he do it in europe. He needs a chance though.

cousin could not , missed apenalty against partick and was shite against st johnstone

Don't see why people are trying to twist it just because StarDog made a few negative comments, he's just wrote down exactly what happened!

(tu)

Just a bunch of stats and facts, nothing controversial. Interesting read.

(tu)

Just a bunch of stats and facts, nothing controversial. Interesting read.

of course he did , his perception of what happend

an iteresting read

all opinions are valid though

Where are boyds assists?? I know there are some! It wouldnt have been hard to put them in :P OR maybe there are so few i cant find them :(

this would rather highlight the fact that he scored with his knee than just Kris Boyd scores the vital goal to keep us in the scottish cup.

After looking at those stats and assuming my maths is up to scratch, I work out that Boyd has an average of 1 goal every 88 minutes this season. Simply put Boyd has averaged 1 goal per game and I dont care what anyone says about the guys touch, control, pace or fitness, this stat over shaddows all of them failings.

If only Walter would have done the math and played him more often this season, maybe, just maybe we might have completed the treble!!

25 goals in 25 starts.

Very, very good.

But you still hate him right? :craphead:

No.

I do think with more work on his all round game he could be our striker for both the 4-4-2 and the 4-5-1, but Stevie Wonder could see that.

I only ever state the obvious.

Where are boyds assists?? I know there are some! It wouldnt have been hard to put them in :P OR maybe there are so few i cant find them :(

this would rather highlight the fact that he scored with his knee than just Kris Boyd scores the vital goal to keep us in the scottish cup.

He didn't even get 4 assists in the SPL Eck.

Saw the stats the other day and the lowest person in the table had 4, Boyd wasn't even there.

Even I know he cant play 4-5-1, unless of course he had someone like Burke and beasley on the flanks, of which I think he could do ok, and add a good attacking midfielder too :P

25 goals in 25 starts.

Very, very good.

But you still hate him right? :craphead:

No.

I do think with more work on his all round game he could be our striker for both the 4-4-2 and the 4-5-1, but Stevie Wonder could see that.

I only ever state the obvious.

I am only fucking with I agree with you about Boyd!

Even I know he cant play 4-5-1, unless of course he had someone like Burke and beasley on the flanks, of which I think he could do ok, and add a good attacking midfielder too :P

He's 6'2 with a decent build. He SHOULD be able to play that role.

He should study how Chris Sutton won so many freekicks. I see Boyd get wrestled about all the time yet he ends up giving away the foul, Sutton had an incredible talent of winning them.

Although, I'm not sure how much of that was down to the fact that he was wearing a hooped shirt....