Hearts appoint new manager

How long will he last ?

I say three months...any takers ?

Quality signing and least the "jakeys fae tynie" may just get to find out where Uganda is and about the gorilla's in the mist!

He's actually a pretty decent manager. Did well with Ferencvaros, think he got them into the Champions League and found some good players.

What a fcukin state the jambo mob are in, this guy is makin a cunt of them, their new manager did he no work for wee Louie in the series Taxi ???? :sherlock:

PMSL, priceless.

Once sacked, he'll end up with a junkie burd n her five weans (to different jambos and hiv's) in craigmillar !

Don't be so sure he won't last. He sounded like a "yes man" in his interview, of which a snippet is below in bold:

Hearts appoint Laszlo as manager

Hearts have appointed Uganda coach Csaba Laszlo as their new manager.

The 44-year-old former Ferencváros and Borussia Mönchengladbach coach has signed a three-year contract following the exit of caretaker Stevie Frail.

Romania-born Laszlo will work with sport director Anatoly Korobochka on first-team matters, Hearts announced.

Hearts had earlier received permission to speak to Laszlo from the Ugandan FA, a compensation deal having been agreed for the former Hungary international.

Frail parted company with Hearts on Wednesday, ending a difficult six months in charge, during which they finished a disappointing eighth in the Scottish Premier League.

There was talk of player unrest during those months - one of the longest searches for a manager by any club.

We are all together. We are not one person

Hearts manager Csabo Laszlo

And fans were becoming concerned that it would be difficult to find a top manager willing to work with majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, who has been accused of meddling in team affairs under previous coaches.

But Laszlo called for those wounds to be healed.

"The most important thing is to know everybody can talk to me," he told Hearts' website.

"Together we can change everything. Together is the most important word in my coaching thinking.

"We are all together. We are not one person."

Hearts turned to Laszlo after Motherwell boss Mark McGhee rejected the opportunity to become the new manager at Tynecastle.

Vladimir Weiss held discussions with Romanov before taking on the Slovakian national job, while talks with German Jurgen Rober stalled.

Former Stoke boss Gudjon Thordarson and sacked Leicester manager Ian Holloway had also been linked with the job.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Kev1314

During his time in charge of Ferencvaros, Laszlo had a much publicised fall-out with former Hearts head coach John Robertson during a Uefa Cup tie in 2004.

Laszlo claimed to have been kicked by Robertson after the match, but the Scot insisted his opposite number had stood on his foot and he was trying to free himself.

And Laszlo believes that he is the man who can make Hearts a force once more.

"I know it is important to be in the first three," he said.

"Four years ago, Hearts were in the Uefa Cup and now my intention is to work hard and find a way for us to get back to international football."

Laszlo narrowly missed out on leading Uganda to the 2008 African Nations Cup finals and has increased their Fifa ranking by 70 places to 97th.

Uganda currently sit two points behind group leaders Benin as they aim to reach the next stage of qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Hearts would have been better with Idi Amin in charge mad as fcuk but at least he liked Scotland, vlad is gonna destroy Hearts and the powers that be stand back and let him. Independent Scotland Aye that'll be fcukin right ! :sherlock:

Hearts would have been better with Idi Amin in charge mad as fcuk but at least he liked Scotland, vlad is gonna destroy Hearts and the powers that be stand back and let him. Independent Scotland Aye that'll be fcukin right ! :sherlock:

Your quips are excellent. You ain't no Boab fae C/bank. Priceless gags. Just think at least his 48k salary in Uganda will be saved and I just hope it is wisely used to feed lots of children and families in that poor country.

Your quips are excellent. You ain't no Boab fae C/bank. Priceless gags. Just think at least his 48k salary in Uganda will be saved and I just hope it is wisely used to feed lots of children and families in that poor country.

BD's actually Scottie McClue. :D

"See these single mothers wi too much time for the old heave ho!" :D

Laszlo takes on job at Hearts without meeting Romanov

Published Date: 12 July 2008

By Alan Pattullo

THE Hearts managerial post is not known for offering its incumbent long-term employment prospects but Csaba Laszlo is convinced he can buck the recent trend. The eighth manager of Vladimir Romanov's turbulent reign was yesterday introduced to reporters, who can now count themselves among those who have met the genial 44-year-old – unlike Romanov himself.

Laszlo admitted he had not yet had a face-to-face meeting with the Hearts owner, who has handed the former Uganda coach a three-year contract.

"This is my first time here," he said. "I know Mr Romanov, and I know his vision. Normally I wouldn't come to talk only with the club officials. But I know he is a busy man. For me the most important thing is his opinion of the football club, and his vision. And I know we can work very well together. This is what I feel."

Laszlo hopes to meet with Romanov next week but holds no fears about what he has signed-up for after two years in Africa as coach of Uganda. He turned down a more financially rewarding job offer from a club in the United Arab Emirates to return to European club football with Hearts, after previous experience with Borussia Moenchengladbach, where he was youth coach, and Ferencvaros of Hungary.

Hearts, he said, attracted him because when he grew up in Hungary he followed football in three countries – England, Germany and Scotland.

Affable and articulate, Csaba managed to clear one thing up right away – his name. Despite being known as Laszlo Csaba during his time in Africa he confirmed that "Laszlo" is his family name. "Usually it is a first name but maybe my family is a little bit different," he smiled.

His path to Tynecastle has proved a complicated one, but the motivation for ending his association with Uganda was simple. "I came here because I wanted to coach a famous clubs in Europe," said Laszlo. "And that famous club is Hearts."

Laszlo has also been impressed by Romanov in phone conversations, and has not let the fate of his predecessors steer him away from what he called his "dream job". He has signed a three-year deal but immediately declared a hope to stay for six. And he meant years, rather than months, or even weeks. He is confident that Romanov, who has spent the last seven months searching for a new permanent manager, will offer him an opportunity to prove himself. Laszlo has a proud record to protect – one of never having been sacked.

"If you look at my career I am not a coach who jumped from one place to the other," he said. "I coached Borussia Moenchengladbach. I coached the Hungarian national team. I coached the Uganda team and I coached Ferencvaros and each time I had a contract for two or four years. I was never sacked.

"If you hire a coach you don't tell him that if he doesn't win the league or the cup then he is out," he continued. "The dream to win the cup or be at the top of the league must be there but you must also be realistic.

"You must know what is possible and you must have a plan. I don't think at the moment Mr Romanov's plan is to sack me if we don't reach first place. But normally I don't like to be eighth or seventh. Every time, I want to be first. It's not Mr Romanov's wish – it's also my wish. I have a responsibility to the fans and the people who work very hard for success at this club."

The issue of team-selection was something else which had to be addressed. The extent of Romanov's influence on the playing-side has proved an enduring fascination for Tynecastle observers. Laszlo, who will appoint a No2 next week, said he will be happy to discuss his teams with those in the Hearts "technical team" but expects the last word to be his.

"The technical team will discuss players and discuss the performances, but the decisions are mine," he said. "I can't speak to the newspapers after we lose a match and say: 'I don't know what happened because he told me to play this guy or that guy.' The people outside will think: 'what is this for a coach?'

"No, I make the decisions. I am a team worker who will ask the technical team about things because if you have more eyes it is easier to see things.

"You see more. More hands also feel more. I will have a second coach and ask his opinion every time. But at this moment I don't think the team will be the attention of the owner. He has a coach and must trust the coach. He must know he has a coach who knows about football and he can trust him.

"If you go to Germany, Hungary or England every owner would like a coach who leads the team, someone he trusts. If you want to build a house you must take someone who has the knowledge to build a house. You must have a base and not begin with the roof and I think it is the same in football."

He has been impressed with the club's academy at Riccarton and stressed that talented young players are the way forward. He described himself as a disciplinarian, but one who liked to smile.

"Maybe I have a young face but I have a lot of experience," he said. "I am 44 and I have worked in football over 20 years. I know my destiny."

The full article contains 949 words and appears in The Scotsman newspaper.

Page 1 of 1

* Last Updated: 11 July 2008 9:56 PM

* Source: The Scotsman