All Glenn Loovens Talk

Muff

Spent too much of laf tbh.

Wasted too much on an unknowen talent and now have fuck all left to spend in the transfer window by the looks of it.

As for boyd. Should never be leaveing. He's crying out for a fucking DECENT BLOODY ATTACKING FUCKING MIDFIELDER!!!!!

Something we've not had for years now. Walter needs to get a fucking grip big time.

Incredibly pissed off atm.

Spending 6 million on three strikers. Two are nothing more than average and the other a prospect for the future (and a poor prospect from what I've heard.)

Beyond a joke now.

Boyd and buffel showed glimpses of being a great partnership, especially when lovenkrands played up there, boyds first 6 months coupled with lovenkrands great form must have got about 35 goals between them in 6 months

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Scotland has learned that the Ibrox club are prepared to offer striker Kris Boyd as part of the deal to bring the Dutchman to Glasgow.

Tell you what - if Smith thinks that signing Miller was controversial - selling Boyd and effectively replacing him with Miller would see many Rangers supporters openly turn on the manager.

To me it would be fucking madness to sell Boyd at this stage of his career.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Ibrox club are prepared to offer striker Kris Boyd as part of the deal to bring the Dutchman to Glasgow.

Tell you what - if Smith thinks that signing Miller was controversial - selling Boyd and effectively replacing him with Miller would see many Rangers supporters openly turn on the manager.

To me it would be fucking madness to sell Boyd at this stage of his career.

right now Ill back Walter, no matter how hard it is sometimes, if it did pan out like that though then that'd be the final straw.

todays papers rangers have SLAMMED reports suggesting kris boyd will be moving to cardiff in a swap deal for loovens and the papers are saying that it will be likely that cousin will be part of the deal!!!!!!!!!!

Really think the majority of the papers have seriously got this wrong as well as BBC Sport, do not believe for one second that Boyd would be part of any swap deal, this player plus Cardiff giving us £800,000 (even if they think it's the other way) to me would only reach the value of Cousin's buy out clause in his contract.

Cardiff are crazy if they think this bloke who is in his final year of his contract if worth over £3 million, even though I would happily do a straight swap deal for Cousin without any extra money.

Id rather we signed shittu now and make sure 100% boyd stays!!! and not involved in this deal I think the press have got it wrong!

From their local rag.

Cardiff City Chairman Peter Ridsdale has rejected an initial bid from Rangers after they turned their attention to the commanding Dutch centre-back.

After previously rejecting our bids for striker Kris Boyd, Rangers have relented and sought to include the Scotsman in a swap for Loovens, also asking for close to a million pounds from us to complete the package.

However, Ridsdale was in no mood to fold and stated his resolve to keep one of our most impressive players and the rock of our steady defence. Ridsdale intimated the deal was well under expectations and that Loovens' value was higher than Boyd.

Walter Smith is expected to offer again for Loovens, and a deal could well be struck with Loovens stalling on a new contract and having only a year to run. City may be tempted to sell (or swap!) now rather than risk losing him for a cut price in January, or for free in the summer.

This deal is a tough one, with Loovens preferring a move to the Premiership, Boyd uncertain of a move to Cardiff and the club distant in ntheir respective valuations. However, Rangers are under pressure to bring in defensive cover with European games upcoming and a chronic lack of defenders.

Dont think Kris will be too happy with his gaffer.... ( if true )

Id rather we signed shittu now and make sure 100% boyd stays!!! and not involved in this deal I think the press have got it wrong!

Supposedly we have 'rebuffed' Shittu's attempts to revive the deal.

yeah they've told Shittu to get lost after he came crawling back

shipping Boyd would be suicide...first Hutton at the back and then Boyd at the front....would be the last straw

yeah they've told Shittu to get lost after he came crawling back

shipping Boyd would be suicide...first Hutton at the back and then Boyd at the front....would be the last straw

I would not be at all impressed if boyd was to go we need him upfront starting every game.

Hello Gers fans. Cardiff fan here. Thought i would give you guys an idea of what is being said down our end of things.

The fact is Glenn Loovens IS worth £3million. We have had bids of £2.5million from Championship clubs this year which we turned down. Trust me he is a quality player and I have no doubt that he would become a fans favourite up with you lot. He is the single most important player we have. When he plays we win, when he doesnt we don't. To give you an idea out of 12 games he missed last year we won just 1!!!

Now to the deal in question...You can rule Cousin out for starters. Like you guys will revolt if you let boyd go for loovens the city fans will revolt if we let our star man go for Cousin, It will not happen. I agree with you lot, Boyd is class, and you shouldnt let him go. However, i am a family friend of David Temme (Cardiff City's Board) and he told me that Rangers had come back to Cardiff proposing a straight swap as long as both players could agree personal terms. He even said Cardiff were starting negotiations with a CB to replace Loovens they were so confident that a deal would be reached with the pair.

Just thought i would let you know the whispers down here!!

Hello Gers fans. Cardiff fan here. Thought i would give you guys an idea of what is being said down our end of things.

The fact is Glenn Loovens IS worth £3million. We have had bids of £2.5million from Championship clubs this year which we turned down. Trust me he is a quality player and I have no doubt that he would become a fans favourite up with you lot. He is the single most important player we have. When he plays we win, when he doesnt we don't. To give you an idea out of 12 games he missed last year we won just 1!!!

Now to the deal in question...You can rule Cousin out for starters. Like you guys will revolt if you let boyd go for loovens the city fans will revolt if we let our star man go for Cousin, It will not happen. I agree with you lot, Boyd is class, and you shouldnt let him go. However, i am a family friend of David Temme (Cardiff City's Board) and he told me that Rangers had come back to Cardiff proposing a straight swap as long as both players could agree personal terms. He even said Cardiff were starting negotiations with a CB to replace Loovens they were so confident that a deal would be reached with the pair.

I don't think Kris Boyd will consider Cardiff to be honest - so if your whispers are true, the deal will be dead in the water.

Cheers mate and welcome to the site. Please take Cousin :(

I would have agreed with you JR! But from what i have heard Cardiff are very confident they can land their man if Rangers pawn him out like they are. Dave Jones is a wiley character and does not waste his time. He must be confident he can talk Boyd into it. I hope so, he is brillliant from what i have seen.

Honestly though, if you get Loovens you will be delighted with him. He is twice the player as Shittu. I would hate to see him go but he has such a special relationship with all our fans we would all get behind him at you guys.

I will keep an ear to the floor this end and let you know what i hear, and if im welcome keep checking in what you guys are saying!

And Goal Machine, lol! If anything shows why we ont want cousin its your eagerness to get rid of him! lol

I don't think Kris Boyd will consider Cardiff to be honest - so if your whispers are true, the deal will be dead in the water.

He might have no say in the matter.

I would have agreed with you JR! But from what i have heard Cardiff are very confident they can land their man if Rangers pawn him out like they are. Dave Jones is a wiley character and does not waste his time. He must be confident he can talk Boyd into it. I hope so, he is brillliant from what i have seen.

Honestly though, if you get Loovens you will be delighted with him. He is twice the player as Shittu. I would hate to see him go but he has such a special relationship with all our fans we would all get behind him at you guys.

I will keep an ear to the floor this end and let you know what i hear, and if im welcome keep checking in what you guys are saying!

And Goal Machine, lol! If anything shows why we ont want cousin its your eagerness to get rid of him! lol

We honestly want to keep Cousin it is a smoke screen to prevent Cardiff going for him, honest we want to keep him don't bid for him I beg of you :D

I'd rather we just spent £3 million on Loovens and have both of them! (Boyd and Loovens that is)

He might have no say in the matter.

Of course he does. They can tell him he has no future at Ibrox but he can determine if it is with Cardiff or not.