Last year with Umbro

Or how about do what other clubs do and release the home and 3rd kit one year and the 2nd strip the next year, keep it alternating year after year, thats less of a ball ache than 3 brand new tops a year

Indeed. There is no need for 3 new strips each season.

Maximising revenue is all well and good but care should be taken not to alienate the fans. I don't think that care is being taken even if it is understandable why we do release new kits so often.

You have to be joking. You must be.

If you don't want something - don't buy it. If you do want it - buy it!

There is zero coercion here. Are people really so hapless, so gullible that they feel the need to buy things they do not need or cannot afford? And if they are really that stupid, should there be an ounce of sympathy?

Or how about do what other clubs do and release the home and 3rd kit one year and the 2nd strip the next year, keep it alternating year after year, thats less of a ball ache than 3 brand new tops a year

Indeed. There is no need for 3 new strips each season.

Maximising revenue is all well and good but care should be taken not to alienate the fans. I don't think that care is being taken even if it is understandable why we do release new kits so often.

There is zero coercion here. Are people really so hapless, so gullible that they feel the need to buy things they do not need or cannot afford? And if they are really that stupid, should there be an ounce of sympathy?

Obviously people would rather not wear 'out of date' tops though.

Not sure if you have a young family but I'd imagine they'd certainly coerce you into buying the latest gear so as not to look out of place amongst their peers...

Supply and demand I guess and of course people can always say no but I just feel the club could do more to ease any burden if they do want to release three new strips per season. I also think they'd make more money doing it.

:)

A third kit is needed for European competition...

What European game did we wear the 3rd kit this season?

Can't recall if we wore it or not. But IIRC the rules state you must have 3 kits... :)

Did Aberdeen have 3 kits last season?

Im not being argumentative here, i just cant believe that every team in European Competition have 3 kits, and if its not a rule, then its Rangers trying to coin it in again as usual. the 3rd kit is pish this year anyway (IMO) so theres no problem there!!

I feel sorry for folk with children who want the full kit and then the Bears bring out 3 in a year, then change sponsor etc, to justify new kits (not to mention the top going up £9 from last year, for adult sizes...no sure of the increase for children).

Not sure if you have a young family but I'd imagine they'd certainly coerce you into buying the latest gear so as not to look out of place amongst their peers...

I've raised three. Not once have I had a bairn coerce me into buying things I cannot afford - explaining that to a child is easy. I'm the parent!

I've raised three. Not once have I had a bairn coerce me into buying things I cannot afford - explaining that to a child is easy. I'm the parent!

I wish I could be an uber parent like you :)

You are the only parent I know who has had kids that didn't coerce them into buying something they couldn't afford. I applaud you sir.