*** Player Rater ***Kaunas 2 - 1 Rangers***

Dado

Unfortunately it doesn't go into minus numbers.

Kanus 2 vs. 1 Rangers 2nd leg

Kanus = Kello, Radzius, Mendy, Laska, Baguzis, Mrowiec, Pilibaitis, Manchkhava, Zelmikas, Ledesma, Cinikas

Rangers = McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, Novo, McCulloch, Dailly, Thomson, Adam, Miller

Shocked, disillusioned, angry, in despair. Just a pin prick of the feelings running through the veins at the minute. No matter how bad we’ve played to date or how bad we feel our signings have been, I don’t think too many truly expected us to go out tonight. There is sure to be a backlash now from the fans, and a lot of questions to be asked about where we are going and what the future holds.

The first half started well for the Bears though with Novo showing decent intent from the word go with direct running at a petrified Kanus left back culminating in a second minute corner. Rangers controlled large spells of the half, and had Kenny Miller had his shooting boots on, it may well have been over before the second halve got into action. As it was, his workrate had nothing in the way of an end product. Novo was again the influencing factor though in the 33rd minute when he popped up in the left channel, turned inside the full back and threaded a perfect ball into the path of the onrushing Thomson, who skipped past his man before firing the ball through the keepers legs and into the back of the net. Things were looking good at this stage but it wasn’t to last as McGregor was beaten from a 30 yard free kick with a terrific strike by Radzius in the 43rd minute. No added time saw the teams disappear right on the 45th minute.

The second half is where it all fell apart. We never appeared from the dressing room and were under pressure from early on. We had their lack of nous in front of goal and some woodwork to thank to have not fallen behind at an earlier stage. We played the same game that got us through to the final last year, but this year, lady luck was not shining on us and we had a bit of our own medicine to swallow as Kanus nicked a goal late on and through our whole season into early despair.

The title is our one and only target now, and after that showing tonight, it HAS to be delivered back to its rightful home.

Bazza

Guest The Brown Brogue

Since the poll doesn't allow you to give less than 1 then i won;t give any scores, as not one player or member of the management team deserve anything more than a zero for that shambles.

Absolute shite from all concerned the night.

I gave them all a 1 because total pish isn't a number.

Smith knew in January we were sorely lacking in midfield and sweet fuck all has been done to change this. Murray's tight-fist has cost the club tens of millions at a time when we need cash more than ever to improve a squad that simply is not good enough.

The fallout from this could roll on for years.

I am fucking furious with all who played their part in that shameful display!

papac and novo had good games but the worst offenders imo were dailly and mcculloch. both utter shite especially dailly who was at fault for both goals. How the hell he gets picked in front of hemdani i will never know. team selection 1, one of the worst rangers teams i have ever seen. Tactics 1, totally usless 5 man midfield with only thomson and adam being natural midfielders. Substitutions 1, waits untill they score to bring boyd and lafferty on. What the hell is the point in that. Walter smith should do the honest thing and go, manchester was a fluke, we are a pish poor side and will be lucky if we win anything this year.

Nothing more to say apart from that Smith should just fuck off now. it would make little difference to our season now. Get someone young, fresh and dynamic in that knows how to actually win cup matches. He's had a bit of money, he's just fucked it all up.

The usual thing from him, sticking by his friends and losing sight of everything else. Tactically inept and basically a complete joke.

the likes of Weir, Daily were supposed to be a stop gap last year to help out the club, sure them up till they could buy the players they were looking for. persisting with them was a big mistake, surely management should have realised that their time was up.

Alex Ferguson sold Jaap Staam cos he said he thought he lost a half yard of pace, Wenger got rid of the likes of Henry, Viera, Overmars etc because he felt their best days were behind them and needed a new solution.

how the hell can management not point out that they would not do the job this season ? especially after a gruelling fixture schedule.instead of wasting money on 3 strikers when we already have 4 or 5 on the books is lunacy. we needed a centre half, left back, left winger, central midfield playmaker and so far we only got 1 of what was required.

really bad management in my opinion.

Broadfoot, Papac, Novo (1st half), Miller......thats it for me, everyone else except McGregor got under 5 for me

Thomo scored....ok didnt do much else looked slow, Novo was missing in the 2nd half. Broadfoot was solid I dont remember him making a mistake and put in a quality challenge just before half time, Papac was solid defensively as per but was taking on players was rubbing my eyes at times...and miller worked his bollocks of as per

pn the whole the whole team looked extremely unfit, in the first half whe we were pressing and keeping possession it was great, but fitness dropped just before half time and Kaunus grew in confidence

still hurting after..thought Walters tatics worked well when we had our good spells but when we were losing legs everyone dropped deep we didnt hold our shape, subs were rank rotten dailly should of come off - in fact he should of never started

There was only 3 players that played at a decent level for 90mins,

Sasa Papac, Nach Novo and Kirk Broadfoot!

Everyone else was dire...

Thomson was decent and done well to get into the box for his goal and Miller had an average game, but even the best striker in the world would have struggled with the lack of support from our midfield tonight!

Something needs to be done and sadly i can only see the funds coming from player sales...

Bye bye Cuellar,

Bye bye McGregor,

Bye bye Boyd!

Broadfoot, Papac, Novo (1st half), Miller......thats it for me, everyone else except McGregor got under 5 for me

Thomo scored....ok didnt do much else looked slow, Novo was missing in the 2nd half. Broadfoot was solid I dont remember him making a mistake and put in a quality challenge just before half time, Papac was solid defensively as per but was taking on players was rubbing my eyes at times...and miller worked his bollocks of as per

pn the whole the whole team looked extremely unfit, in the first half whe we were pressing and keeping possession it was great, but fitness dropped just before half time and Kaunus grew in confidence

still hurting after..thought Walters tatics worked well when we had our good spells but when we were losing legs everyone dropped deep we didnt hold our shape, subs were rank rotten dailly should of come off - in fact he should of never started

Agree with everything you said there mate!

thank christ a few others thought Miller wasnt to bad - i thought i'd get slaughtered, but apart from him, Novo and Papac, and to a lesser extent, i thought even broadfoot done his job. Apart from that, the rest was poor. Whittaker and Dailly where fucking brutal. And bringing Boydy on for the last 5 minutes AGAIN - why waste the poor lads time? last throw of the dice to see if he can win us another game at the death.