DIET BOOZING

lprm853

I am going to try and start a petition to be handed into Murray Park, asking the players to reconsider their current lifestyle choices.

I think we can all see Adam, Boyd, Bazza suck it in etc are very overweight - refer back to pictures of them in the early days of PLG.

I am sick of seeing players (Mcgregor) out in glasgow boozing all the time, If you can't live like an athlete for £12000 a week fuck off and play for Clyde.

I am aware this sort of thing is usually a managers job, but after Tues night it's clear Tyrannosaurus Smith is unable to actually manage and since we actually pay the players wages one way or another...

Let me know if you would be interested in signing said petition.

I am going to try and start a petition to be handed into Murray Park, asking the players to reconsider their current lifestyle choices.

I think we can all see Adam, Boyd, Bazza suck it in etc are very overweight - refer back to pictures of them in the early days of PLG.

I am sick of seeing players (Mcgregor) out in glasgow boozing all the time, If you can't live like an athlete for £12000 a week fuck off and play for Clyde.

I am aware this sort of thing is usually a managers job, but after Tues night it's clear Tyrannosaurus Smith is unable to actually manage and since we actually pay the players wages one way or another...

Thats amazing you can judge a players fitness viewing them 90mins a week , As comapred to Adam Owen , a highly regarded fitness coach seeing them everyday.

Stop with your shite threads.

Thats amazing you can judge a players fitness viewing them 90mins a week , As comapred to Adam Owen , a highly regarded fitness coach seeing them everyday.

i can judge a player when he takes his shirt off and has a gut. can't you? i'm not the only person to have noticed we are heavy legged and lack sharpness towards the end off matches.

i can judge a player when he takes his shirt off and has a gut. can't you? i'm not the only person to have noticed we are heavy legged and lack sharpness towards the end off matches.

You cant judge his fitness though , You don't have to be anorexic to be fit :lol: Get a grip ffs.

have a point, it is an issue that has to be adressed, I mean they already could be keeping fairly healthy and training hard but is it really to the standards that you'd expect from a highly professional, well run football club?

You cant judge his fitness though :lol: Get a grip ffs.

well i have a gut and funnily enough i'm not very fit!!!

to be serious though when you looked at us warming up on sat then looked at liverpool there was some difference between the athleticism and sharpness of the liverpool team and the rangers team.

the petition things just a joke but really, what do they do at murray park all day?

have a point, it is an issue that has to be adressed, I mean they already could be keeping fairly healthy and training hard but is it really to the standards that you'd expect from a highly professional, well run football club?

I'm just saying that none of us are in a position to judge a players fitness Compared to Adam Owen , who is a very well respected fitness coach who see's them every day as apose to our 90mins a week.

Highly Professional & well run.

Its not Rangers your on about here is it??????????????????? :harhar:

WS has always been scared to work players too hard in pre-season/thru season as he is terrified to injure players.Same in 9IAR.

Our football was pish as well.

Never seen a modern player with a gut - certainlt not Boyd, Adam or Barry. Perhaps the reason they are a bit leg weary atthe end of the game because of effort put in. Look at Miller - hardly a spare ounce on him but still ran till he dropper (He gets a lot of critisism but NOT for running!!LOL) Get a grip!

Total Bollox of a thread!

Ferguson and Boyd are not Fat and certainly dont have a gut...Adam is heavy but thats just the type of frame he has to his body!

Look at Wayne Rooney, fantastic player and by my estimations "fit" but hes not skinny is he??

Adam Owen knows a lot more about players weight and fitness than anyone here does and if hes happy then so am i!

Total Bollox of a thread!

Ferguson and Boyd are not Fat and certainly dont have a gut...Adam is heavy but thats just the type of frame he has to his body!

Look at Wayne Rooney, fantastic player and by my estimations "fit" but hes not skinny is he??

Adam Owen knows a lot more about players weight and fitness than anyone here does and if hes happy then so am i!

I agree Del, players come in all shapes and sizes. Its not a crime.

He may not be saying it very well bud , but they aint as fit as they should be

I've no doubts our players are fit. But don't you expect them to be much fitter when they are earning 10k a week?

We didn't last 60-70 minutes against Kaunas nevermind the full 90.

Like I said, I have no doubts our players are fit but the fact that they can be much fitter but obviously choose not to is frustrating.

I'm just saying that none of us are in a position to judge a players fitness Compared to Adam Owen , who is a very well respected fitness coach who see's them every day as apose to our 90mins a week.

Come off it , the proof is in the (second helping of) pudding.

I have actually just been thinking about how ridiculous the whole Adam Owen plugging from our Club now looks , in light of recent showings out there on the pitch. Guess what mate , everything about a player - his skill , physical strength , stamina , pace , the lot is judged out on the football pitch where he is paid damn good money to produce his maximum. How a player is judged in the training arena bears little relevance when he is wheezing after 30 minutes of play.

Respected fitness coach , well for the love of Jesus I would like to see results and not impressive CVs! You are only as good as the project you're on, and Rangers '08/09 look a bit of a disaster so far to me!

What would a petition do? Would someone at the club think "wow they have a point, let's work on the team's fitness" - no it wouldn't, I understand the frustration but silly petitions on specific givens like this are useless.

What would a petition do? Would someone at the club think "wow they have a point, let's work on the team's fitness" - no it wouldn't, I understand the frustration but silly petitions on specific givens like this are useless.

It is a worthwhile topic of discussion for my money. Perhaps a petition is not the best avenue to go down , but if somebody could raise this issue at the Q&A session due , then maybe this could spark some tangible kind of progress on the problem. By the way , the Tyrannosaurus Smith bit made me laugh out loud , well done that man!

We have a number of players in the squad who are unfit bastards , end of story.

I thought the Q+A was more about high level issues, the direction and strategy of the club, not operational issues like individual diets?

My mistake mate , the complete lack of a 'professional living' culture at the Club isn't as fundamental an issue as I had thought.

:BELM: