Who is our best Midfielder?

CooperSF

367 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our best midfielder overall?

• Pedro Mendes
    • Barry Ferguson
    • Brahim Hemdani
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Charlie Adam
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Chris Burke
    • DaMarcus Beasley
    • Aaron Niguez
    • Steven Davis
    • John Fleck
    • Maurice Edu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Charlie - he has more skill and talent than all the rest put together, he just needs to be played in the middle.

Barry is past it, time for us and him to part company

Alright Charlie :rolleyes:

cant believe mendes is getting more votes than mr rangers, yeah the guy looks class against the so called diddy teams! but will he produce the goods when the big games come along?

I don't know how you can say Mendes looks good against the diddy teams when he has won the two biggest trophies you can win in club football and been an esthablished Premiership footballer for 3 years.

how many players have came to rangers with big reputations, winning european trophies and playing in better leagues let our fans down..... basil boli springs to mind! thats the point im trying to make. if mendes has a cracking season, then he'll get my vote.

cant believe mendes is getting more votes than mr rangers, yeah the guy looks class against the so called diddy teams! but will he produce the goods when the big games come along?

thats what i wrote yesterday, im gonna change ma mind!

the guy oozzed class today as did all our midfield! :bouncy: :unionflag: :bouncy:

It can only be Ferguson when "fit" and on form.

Mendes has only played 2 games for us but no doubt some will pick him.

Thats because Mendes is quite simply a better player. No dig at Barry but, what has Mendes got missing from his game? He isnt the best midfielder in the squad, he is the best player in the squad, and, it was quite a coup getting the guy.

Still can't take anything away from Barry tbh.

Showed last year (even when he was off his game totally), when he was'nt in the team we were gash.

Certainly glimpses with guys like Thomson, Davis and Mendes. :footballew:

the the hell can people pick mendes after two games.

I didnt pick him based on 2 or 3 games for us, but, based on what I have seen so far, and, what I have seen of him at Porto, Portsmouth and Spurs. A hugely talented and consistent player

I didnt pick him based on 2 or 3 games for us, but, based on what I have seen so far, and, what I have seen of him at Porto, Portsmouth and Spurs. A hugely talented and consistent player

Some people on RM assume that because they have a limited outlook on football, everyone else must have doh

Channel 5 (well, back in the day) and Eurosport are all you need to see Portugese, Dutch, French, Italian, American and Brazillian football.

And based on what I've seen of him over the years, it's easily Mendes. I hope Barry can learn a few things from him.

Some people on RM assume that because they have a limited outlook on football, everyone else must have doh

Channel 5 (well, back in the day) and Eurosport are all you need to see Portugese, Dutch, French, Italian, American and Brazillian football.

And based on what I've seen of him over the years, it's easily Mendes. I hope Barry can learn a few things from him.

To be honest, as I have said before, I dont watch that much football, but, he is a guy when I have watch highlights, or games, over time, that has consistently stood out. Was a great foil for Deco at Porto (i think?)

I remember the pre season game against Spurs a few years back. We beat them 2-0 at Ibrox with Novo scoring and cannot remember who got the other maybe Dado.

He was a stand-out. I remember saying to my Dad that Mendes is a bit of a player and ever since then I have kept and eye out for him. He is a smashing player and more of an all rounder than Ferguson.

Who is better when both were at their peak is a difficult one. Ferguson under Advocaat was imo one of the best midfielders in europe (tu)

I remember the pre season game against Spurs a few years back. We beat them 2-0 at Ibrox with Novo scoring and cannot remember who got the other maybe Dado.

He was a stand-out. I remember saying to my Dad that Mendes is a bit of a player and ever since then I have kept and eye out for him. He is a smashing player and more of an all rounder than Ferguson.

Who is better when both were at their peak is a difficult one. Ferguson under Advocaat was imo one of the best midfielders in europe (tu)

It was, Prso and Novo.

A superb triple post boost from you there Outlaw :P

And yes, you're right. Mendes was integral to Porto!

haha I didnt realise that. Sometimes it hangs at work, and, apparently that happens!

Overall, the comparison with him and ferguson, Mendes is more of a threat going forward, and, a more complete player for me. Will be interesting to see them together

Let me say, anyone who rates Mendes higher than Barry,is a complete DoDo,that knows Dick about football. <cr>

I think your being unfair, Mendes did play football before he came to Rangers! doh:rolleyes:

I also think he's being very harsh.

How many Champions Leagues / UEFA Cups has Barry won?