Barry Who...?

Muff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I seem to have missed all these performances by Thomson where he's looked a better player than Ferguson - even today I wouldn't have said that. I've also not actually seen Edu play but apparently he's also better than Ferguson according to some on here

Whether Ferguson or Thopmson is the best player is irrelevant to todays posts - The subject is more about the fact that the TEAM played better today - especially in midfield. Nobody knows because it's not been possible to try - but could Barry play the same or a more influential part than Kevin Thomson did - Doubt it !!

We hear all the time that the team and midfield is nothing without Ferguson.

In fairness, when Ferguson was partnered with players like Adam, McCulloch, Dailly and Whittaker (and even Thomson before he had settled) there was some truth in that.

Ferguson played alongside Davis, Thomson and Adam. All we have done is replaced Mendes with Ferguson and look at the midfield performance today.

Ferguson is not as good as people make him out to be and you don't get much of a bigger Ferguson fan than myself. Sadly he's finished.

This thread wasn't a dig at Ferguson, it was to show that we don't miss Ferguson as much as some think and how good we were today in that area of the park(along with the others)

:craphead:

They played amazing :D Ferguson will have to fight for a place in the team, fingers crossed we dont play 451 just so fergie gets a game tho (td)

I just think that it is kinda wierd to judge our team without Barry having a chance in it.

People are writing him off for no other reason than the current team being perceived as perfect after one OF win.

They played amazing :D Ferguson will have to fight for a place in the team, fingers crossed we dont play 451 just so fergie gets a game tho (td)

I just think that it is kinda wierd to judge our team without Barry having a chance in it.

People are writing him off for no other reason than the current team being perceived as perfect after one OF win.

That last part sums it up perfectly.

Bazza did it last year too and now look at his reputation amoungst some fans...

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ma...1147901,00.html

A number of thoughts occur here:

1: The first half against Aberdeen saw some absolutely excellent football from us. We looked like a team who could play the game, rather than a bunch of hatchet men being led by a dominant mouth.

2: This was our biggest OF win for 12 years at Parkhead?

3: We happened to play very, very well in it.

The point is, I don't think Ferguson's absence is being so much highlighted now, but should have been being scrutinised this whole season - and sadly for him we've not missed him at all.

This team isn't perfect, but only a blind man would suggest we are not currently playing good football - and that is after 4 games, not one.

I was watching the game in a pub today and the boy next to me was a tim.. he turned round and said "when ferguson is back your team is going to be unbelievable". Im sorry but that sums up how good Ferguson is when one of them are running scared at the prospect of his return. With his determination and Mendes' guile we will win the league by a good margin.

The Timmys are getting scared-They are all crying WGS out -we are shite-Biscuit tin-Fergy back-HAHAHA.

Stick yer passports and beach balls up your arses-Over on Kerrydale street-Priceless

Barry who???

oh muff sometimes you fail to see the positives here!!

instead of saying barry is finished should be forgetten etc think about it being healthy competition. No one should be guaranteed a game but if barry comes back the way we know he can play then he would be in my team, Him and mendes I feel would be fantastic a nice diamond formation in the centre would work very well

with another one of your haters miller up front!!

come on muff surely you have to agree ferguson coming back can only make us stronger as all the midfield will be giving it there all for a 1st team place he should not walk back into the team but he will play himself into the team hense the reason he is the captain.

Its a managers best nightmare a problem they all want to have!!

:rangers:

I was thinking the same yesterday, does Barry have a future at Rangers now? Either way he definitely shouldn't walk straight back into the team when he is fit again. He might be club captain etc but Weir looked a lot more composed as a captain, and our midfield with Mendes pulling the strings was fantastic. Don't get me wrong Barry playing at the top of his game is still the best Scottish midfielder going, but from now on he is going to have to be week in week out.

It's going to be coming down to a similar scenario from last season do you change a winning team?

Barry who???

instead of saying barry is finished should be forgetten etc think about it being healthy competition. No one should be guaranteed a game but if barry comes back the way we know he can play then he would be in my team, Him and mendes I feel would be fantastic a nice diamond formation in the centre would work very well

come on muff surely you have to agree ferguson coming back can only make us stronger as all the midfield will be giving it there all for a 1st team place he should not walk back into the team but he will play himself into the team hense the reason he is the captain.

instead of saying barry is finished should be forgetten etc think about it being healthy competition. No one should be guaranteed a game but if barry comes back the way we know he can play then he would be in my team,

And it's been this lack of healthy competition for 'Mr Rangers' that's part of the reason why his game has declined and Rangers -until yesterday :unionflag: - became a by-word for staleness, flatness and predictability. A player of Mendes' calibre has been long overdue at Ibrox and let's not forget the circumstances under which PM was signed. Kaunas anyone?

surely you have to agree ferguson coming back can only make us stronger as all the midfield will be giving it there all for a 1st team place

Not necessarily. On the whole the midfield trio did well yesterday but already there's talk of breaking them up so a guy whose not even fit and presumably walk back in without a moment's thought. At whose expense? Why is Thomson suddenly being protrayed as the weak link? Ferguson made similar gaffs in the past and was never pillored for it. If anyone, I'd say Adam was the least successful of our midfield, although he did not disgrace himself by any means.

I can see the viewpoint on this, but this potentially dynamic midfield engine room needs time to gel and settle. It was desperation that forced Walter's hand at the last moment, let's not forget that, and its only fair that Thomson-Mendez-Davis get a decent chance before Walter tries the inevitable experiments and the fans start demanding the recall of 'Mr Rangers'.

IMO, Rangers Way is about setting new standards and expecting others to meet them. Whether Ferguson likes it or not, the onus is now him to match what Mendes and the others have achieved in midfield, not the reverse.. We have been treading water for far too long with the same boring line-ups and Ferguson has been part of the problem. It was no coincidence, for example, that our set pieces improved when anyone other than Adam took one.

Ferguson is welcome back, as long as he earns the right to be there.

Barry who???

instead of saying barry is finished should be forgetten etc think about it being healthy competition. No one should be guaranteed a game but if barry comes back the way we know he can play then he would be in my team,

And it's been this lack of healthy competition for 'Mr Rangers' that's part of the reason why his game has declined and Rangers -until yesterday :unionflag: - became a by-word for staleness, flatness and predictability. A player of Mendes' calibre has been long overdue at Ibrox and let's not forget the circumstances under which PM was signed. Kaunas anyone?

surely you have to agree ferguson coming back can only make us stronger as all the midfield will be giving it there all for a 1st team place

Not necessarily. On the whole the midfield trio did well yesterday but already there's talk of breaking them up so a guy whose not even fit and presumably walk back in without a moment's thought. At whose expense? Why is Thomson suddenly being protrayed as the weak link? Ferguson made similar gaffs in the past and was never pillored for it. If anyone, I'd say Adam was the least successful of our midfield, although he did not disgrace himself by any means.

I can see the viewpoint on this, but this potentially dynamic midfield engine room needs time to gel and settle. It was desperation that forced Walter's hand at the last moment, let's not forget that, and its only fair that Thomson-Mendez-Davis get a decent chance before Walter tries the inevitable experiments and the fans start demanding the recall of 'Mr Rangers'.

IMO, Rangers Way is about setting new standards and expecting others to meet them. Whether Ferguson likes it or not, the onus is now him to match what Mendes and the others have achieved in midfield, not the reverse.. We have been treading water for far too long with the same boring line-ups and Ferguson has been part of the problem. It was no coincidence, for example, that our set pieces improved when anyone other than Adam took one.

Ferguson is welcome back, as long as he earns the right to be there.

everyone knows you dont walk into a team no matter who you are he will have to earn the right to be back and I bet ya he does, for once we have an argument what and who our best midfield is we have not had this since advocatt years a welcome argument in my eyes!

the fight begins :rangers:

Barry who???

great post jimbo! :unionflag:

BF was a crucial part of our midfield, the problem was that we never had a replacement for when he was out injured or otherwise.

Now we have Mendes for that position, i reckon BF will drop back into the holding role, take up that position between defence & midfield, maybe giving Mendes the more attacking role.

Who do you drop?

No one our midfeild is fuckin brilliant

as yu says muff good back up (tu)