Sno accuses Celtic of institutional racism!

Sno cites polite racism as reason to leave Celtic by Darrell King.

Evander Sno cut an impressive figure at an improvised press conference at the Bejing media centre, just a stone's throw from the Bird's nest. Speaking in both Dutch and English, Sno conveyed an image of calm and tranquility whilst politely answering questions from both Dutch and foreign journalists regarding his move from Celtic to Ajax..

There was a sense of what might have been in his comments, when he tried to explain why he was leaving Celtic prematurely. In the usual mixture of deference and tact, he expressed his thanks to the Celtic support but pointedly failed to endorse manager Gordon Strachan.

However, at one point in the proceedings Evander Sno did hint at a 'polite' and casual culture of racism at Celtic Park. "I found it strange that Bobo Balde and I have been sidelined, when it is clear that we are capable of making a major contribution to the first team". Visibly angered, Sno then went onto say; "I have read that certain players in the recent history of the club have had a very short stay. Oliver Tebily, Reggie Blinker, Mo Camara, I really don't have to elaborate, do I ?".

Sno's comments are dynamite and add fuel to the flames given the mud that still sticks to Celtic fans since their notorious treatment of Mark Walters in the eighties.Sno's comments could be interpreted as the words of an angry and possibly embittered ex-employee, but there is clearly some truth in what he says.

The 750.000 pounds that Celtic will pocket will be of scant reward for a man who has shown the cerebral side of football, when on those rare occasions he was selected for the first team. Ajax clearly can spot a bargain when they see one and only time will tell if we see Evander Sno on a much bigger stage in the future.

The experience of Rino Gattuso at Rangers was surely an example that Celtic could have followed. Obtain a raw talented youngster, bring him on in the rough and tumble of Scottish football and sell him to Italian giants for an astronomical profit. One hopes that for once, Peter Lawwell hasn't been too clever for his own good.

Apparently this was in the Evening Times but pulled after Liewell made threats.

Nice catch Oleg.

Institutional racism is rampant amongst those people - they are a disgrace to our country and the facts and antecedents do speak for themselves they are sidelining coloured people. This needs to be taken forward.

Hardly surprising given that their Pope hates and has publicly denounced Islam and their Chairman waged an illegal war on people from a different culture. Not forgetting the Catholic paramilitaries in the IRA and their love of fascism.

Scotland's shame - looking forward to the next banner at glitterdome about their racism !

Good find Oleg.

Sidelining coloured people is wrong, the are a disgrace. No matter what race or religion we are all the same at the end of the day, why don't they get that? I really feel sorry for them, i really do. They are idiots.

Good find Oleg.

Sidelining coloured people is wrong, the are a disgrace. No matter what race or religion we are all the same at the end of the day, why don't they get that? I really feel sorry for them, i really do. They are idiots.

I wish some people would remember this when we sign catholics.

Good find Oleg.

I wish some people would remember this when we sign catholics.

If only, some catholics support Rangers, it's not all proddie.

:rolleyes: *Waits on admin telling me i am member of the week for saying "No matter what race or religion we are all the same at the end of the day" hmmm*

Guest Andypendek

I never saw what all the fuss was about over Sno, I think he's very average. As for the other players, I wouldn't give them a place in Johnstone Burgh's 2nd XI.

That said,aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that was a good read. I do so hope it is true. Should be easy enough to find out, after all the piece will have been carried in Dutch media.

I never saw what all the fuss was about over Sno, I think he's very average. As for the other players, I wouldn't give them a place in Johnstone Burgh's 2nd XI.

That said,aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that was a good read. I do so hope it is true. Should be easy enough to find out, after all the piece will have been carried in Dutch media.

I hope it's true, i'd like to see some action taken against those racist pigs.

Sounds like bullshit since it isn't on Google News. Other people would've been at the conference and posted the quotes, not just The Evening Times.

Nice catch Oleg.

Institutional racism is rampant amongst those people - they are a disgrace to our country and the facts and antecedents do speak for themselves they are sidelining coloured people. This needs to be taken forward.

Hardly surprising given that their Pope hates and has publicly denounced Islam and their Chairman waged an illegal war on people from a different culture. Not forgetting the Catholic paramilitaries in the IRA and their love of fascism.

Scotland's shame - looking forward to the next banner at glitterdome about their racism !

Sno cites polite racism as reason to leave Celtic by Darrell King.

Evander Sno cut an impressive figure at an improvised press conference at the Bejing media centre, just a stone's throw from the Bird's nest. Speaking in both Dutch and English, Sno conveyed an image of calm and tranquility whilst politely answering questions from both Dutch and foreign journalists regarding his move from Celtic to Ajax..

There was a sense of what might have been in his comments, when he tried to explain why he was leaving Celtic prematurely. In the usual mixture of deference and tact, he expressed his thanks to the Celtic support but pointedly failed to endorse manager Gordon Strachan.

However, at one point in the proceedings Evander Sno did hint at a 'polite' and casual culture of racism at Celtic Park. "I found it strange that Bobo Balde and I have been sidelined, when it is clear that we are capable of making a major contribution to the first team". Visibly angered, Sno then went onto say; "I have read that certain players in the recent history of the club have had a very short stay. Oliver Tebily, Reggie Blinker, Mo Camara, I really don't have to elaborate, do I ?".

Sno's comments are dynamite and add fuel to the flames given the mud that still sticks to Celtic fans since their notorious treatment of Mark Walters in the eighties.Sno's comments could be interpreted as the words of an angry and possibly embittered ex-employee, but there is clearly some truth in what he says.

The 750.000 pounds that Celtic will pocket will be of scant reward for a man who has shown the cerebral side of football, when on those rare occasions he was selected for the first team. Ajax clearly can spot a bargain when they see one and only time will tell if we see Evander Sno on a much bigger stage in the future.

The experience of Rino Gattuso at Rangers was surely an example that Celtic could have followed. Obtain a raw talented youngster, bring him on in the rough and tumble of Scottish football and sell him to Italian giants for an astronomical profit. One hopes that for once, Peter Lawwell hasn't been too clever for his own good.

Apparently this was in the Evening Times but pulled after Liewell made threats.

If only we had a chairman who made threats :rolleyes: