StayWestFree

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the NI flag is sectarian.

so everybody that waves a NI flag is sectarian then? :craphead:

According to the police ? Yes :)

It was a joke btw, if thousands of people do this they won't do anything, but it wouldn't be the first time that people get chucked out for waving a NI flag.

As far as I am aware the Strathclyde police had to apologise to the Northern Ireland supporters following the recent Scotland match after it was pointed out to them that it was indeed the official flag of the country,it appears that someone had told them that the N.I. flag was banned because it was sectarian.

LeftyGer throwing a spanner in the works. Fucking poetic.

Oi ya small minded bigot! We'll celebrate our culture whatever a whiny pussy like you thinks!

k?

K

You been drinking again Jim? :mutley:

I fucking love you Gumbo

Nothing wrong with it as an idea, although we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history.

Thankfully, the punters who travel over from Ireland are a good deal more regular and classy.

But let's not kid ourselves on here - there's a mischievous angle to this, as with many of the best FF ideas. And why not, indeed.

I'll be taking my flags.

ulster.gif

northern.gif

stpatrick.gif

Nothing wrong with it as an idea, although we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history.

Oh how little you know.

We have two really good players from Ulster at the moment.

Ever heard of Billy Simpson?

Sam English?

John McLelland?

Jimmy Nicholl?

Honestly I fucking despair at times....

Oh how little you know.

Sam English?

John McLelland?

Jimmy Nicholl?

I well remember McLelland and Nicholl, and neither were much better than journeymen. Time will tell regards our two chaps at the moment, but I'd prefer to praise those who deserve it.

I altered my post, as I'm pretty sure that Bert Manderson deserves credit, along with English and Simpson.

One shouldn't be so quick to question knowledge, when what you really mean is you simply disagree.

Oh how little you know.

Sam English?

John McLelland?

Jimmy Nicholl?

i know manti when you think of all the player you have just said plus more.

Oh how little you know.

Sam English?

John McLelland?

Jimmy Nicholl?

I well remember McLelland and Nicholl, and neither were much better than journeymen. Time will tell regards our two chaps at the moment, but I'd prefer to praise those who deserve it.

I altered my post, as I'm pretty sure that Bert Manderson deserves credit, along with English and Simpson.

One shouldn't be so quick to question knowledge, when what you really mean is you simply disagree.

Errr....

OK.

I wouldn't want to question your knowledge.

It's just that when you said 'we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history'.

You were talking absolute pish.

I simply disagree.... :rolleyes:

Fair enough, Marisa.

I don't see Big John or Jimmy as players I'd call "really good", but there's nae accounting for taste. :D

And there is no accounting for bears who want to deride our Ulster connection.

S'pose Sammy and Billy were nae good either.

Not to mention many others......

LeftyGer throwing a spanner in the works. Fucking poetic.

Oi ya small minded bigot! We'll celebrate our culture whatever a whiny pussy like you thinks!

k?

K

There are a few bigots on this list but I ain't one of them.

I take it from your post that you have no problem with C*ltic fans waving Irish flags to celebrate their culture?

A lots of Scots do have a problem with their two biggest clubs waving the flags of what they see as other countries. Especially, flags that are associated with the two sides of a bloody conflict that took place just across the Irish Sea.

I have no problem celebration our Scottish, protestant culture but once again it is being hijacked by people trying to push their own unionist/loyalist political agenda, or is the name of the day and its timing just a coincidence?

Fair enough, Marisa.

I don't see Big John or Jimmy as players I'd call "really good", but there's nae accounting for taste. :D

Deriding? I don't think so. Very poor of you to suggest so, simply because you disagree with a fellow poster.

I don't think that Nicholl or McLelland were great players.

You're entitled to your own opinion on that, but my post is quite clear on how I feel about Simpson and English and that chap Bert, who you didn't mention.

There are a few bigots on this list but I ain't one of them.

I take it from your post that you have no problem with C*ltic fans waving Irish flags to celebrate their culture?

A lots of Scots do have a problem with their two biggest clubs waving the flags of what they see as other countries. Especially, flags that are associated with the two sides of a bloody conflict that took place just across the Irish Sea.

I have no problem celebration our Scottish, protestant culture but once again it is being hijacked by people trying to push their own unionist/loyalist political agenda, or is the name of the day and its timing just a coincidence?

I can't speak for Jimenez, but I have no problem with them celebrating their foreign culture.

And if 'lots of Scots' have a problem with us waving the Union flag fair enough, but fuck them. If they do not understand that they are in the UK, well that is an education issue. Seeing the Union Flag as a flag of another country is simply wrong.

It is the flag of our Country, like it or no.

And Unionism/ Loyalism are (is?) a perfectly legitimate position to hold.

Fair enough, Marisa.

Deriding? I don't think so. Very poor of you to suggest so, simply because you disagree with a fellow poster.

I don't think that Nicholl or McLelland were great players.

You're entitled to your own opinion on that, but my post is quite clear on how I feel about Simpson and English and that chap Bert, who you didn't mention.

Very kind of you to allow me an opinion.

And in my opinion 'we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history' is deriding the connection.

I think we clearly have had more than two.......

I do too, three. :D

No offence, but you are the one who told me I had to brush up on my knowledge, as you despaired of me holding a contrary opinion.

I'm happy to have someone disagree, I wouldn't be on a discussion forum otherwise, but there are few players in our history who encourage total and utter 100% agreement on their merits and, regardless of where they were born, neither Big McLelland or Nicholl were ever, in my mind, anything worth getting excited about as players - not in the grand scheme of a club with a heritage as rich as our own.

But I do like your user picture. So we agree, hopefully, on that. :)

No, review the thread, the opinion that made me despair was that 'we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history'.

I think that is not just a bad opinion but it is wrong in fact.

But yes, Marisa is a babe of the highest order....

No, review the thread, the opinion that made me despair was that 'we've had about two really good players from Northern Ireland in our whole history'.

I think that is not just a bad opinion but it is wrong in fact.

But yes, Marisa is a babe of the highest order....

I think it just comes down to what you consider to be a really good player.

I'd say people like Laudrup, Butcher, that kind of player. I don't think John or Jimmy are at that level.

I'm not one for hyperbole, so perhaps it comes over as being a little less enthusiastic than the fashion for saying everything is great.

Not to say that Jimmy in particular was not a great trier, and he clearly loved pulling on that jersey the same way we would relish the honour, but I don't believe that we've been blessed with all that many really good (that phrase again) players from Northern Ireland.

What would be good, and is 100% fact and indisputable, is that the people from NI who've come over to see Rangers over the years are a great bunch - I just think that they might be more worthy of a day to highlight than the contingent of Northern Irish players over the years.

But, really and truly, this Follow Follow idea ties in well with the Sam English events they've been pushing, so hopefully (as I said on FF) the idea will take off and threads like this will help to highlight it for those who don't dip their proverbial toes in the somewhat choppy waters of Suck Inc.